[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MOS 0313

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9699.jpg (1MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9699.jpg
1MB, 3072x2048px
Anyone have info on the mos 0313 LAV Crewman? Seems pretty cool but there is virtually no information on the interwebs about it. Halp me /k/
>>
>>33532489
You go open contract 0300, they'll put you as 0311 or wherever they feel like, you do not get to choose beyond basic infantry. You could end up mortars too.
>>
All I know is I kick ass driving LAVs in Project reality
>>
>>33532489
It seems pretty cool, I knew a few people who went through the school.

You can also get it as a b MOS if you go in as any sort of 2600, which would be the smart thing to do.
>>
>>33532489
Hang around the Internet, I'll drop some knowledge on you.

>>33535053
See, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. 0313 goes to MCT and never does a grunt thing in his life. A common misconception.

The true Infantry are 0311's, 31's my machine gunners, 41's my mortarman, and 51's, assaultmen.

You can be a an LAV crewman. My hats off to you, if I wore one. 0313 is pog tho, don't fall for the 03 myth.
>>
>>33532489
I went to school with a dude who's now an LAr officer. His take:

>You will operate more like a tanker than a grunt. The 03-prefix is purely for organizational purposes. Walking is the enemy and is to be avoided at all costs.
>training is fun because you and your guys get to fuck off on your own and not deal with much hassle in the field from higher
>lots of time behind the chain gun, the .50, and the .240. Besides a 0331 in an infantry battalion, you're going to shoot more boolits in your enlistment than just about anyone.

Like mentioned above, it's luck of the draw to get assigned to LAR if you're doing active duty.
>>
>>33536016
Also: the LAR community is very small. Even by Marine Corps standards. Since every MEU needs them, you will be all over the place training or floating somewhere on a crappy Navy amphib. There's very little "dwell time" hanging out at your permanent duty station before you're fucking off somewhere for 1-6 months at a time.
>>
>>33536061
I heard the Rad Bn LAV crewmen tend to be better drivers than the LAR crewmen.
>>
>>33535808
I was open contract and went to SOI as an 0311 and was asked to fill out a dream sheet, one of the choices was 0313. My number one choice was LAV and number two machine gunner, actual jobs seemed to be chosen at random.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?55777-0313-question
Mentions SOI 0300 Marines and 0313 acceptance.

I was unaware you could go contract 0313, my recruiter must have hid that from me as he knew I wanted it. Did my four years as a rifleman instead.
>>
>>33536128
>trusting your recruiter
>ever
>>
>>33536128
You joined open contract?

Way to fucking go Son. I try to convince people Marines aren't all idiots, then you prove me wrong.
>>
>>33536128
You can't contract 0313 if you're going active duty. Only if you're going Reserves.
>>
>>33536211
I guess I said that wrong, I was open 0300 infantry. Scored well on the asvab so there was no need for risking becoming a cook or something by being totally open. Even I'm not that dumb.
>>
>>33535720
LAVs can really not compete with BMPs in PR.
>>
Grow a pair and become a tanker. Death Before Dismount!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.