[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

K98 Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 20170404_123938.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170404_123938.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hey /k/, if there any K98 owners out there, I could use some help.

From research that I've gathered, it seems that a common problem for the K98s, due to their military style sighting, is for them to shoot high at <100 meters.

This is fine, and understandable, but mine seems to shoot low and to the right at <100 meters.

This is my first firearm, so please god be gentle, and I understand that this service rifle is over 70 years old. What should I try?
>>
>>33531331
someone prolly filed down the front sight. either get a new front site blade, or raise your rear sight to the 200m mark.
>>
>>33531341

Appreciate the advice, I'll try that whenever I head out to the range next.
>>
>>33531331
addition:
just how <100m we talkin about here? becvause if you say ~50, its gonna be low, regardless if its zeroed correctly due to bullet trajectory arc.
>>
>>33531352
I'm talking about 75m here
>>
File: Kar98k_cutaway_diagram.jpg (308KB, 2145x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Kar98k_cutaway_diagram.jpg
308KB, 2145x1030px
>>33531331
>due to their military style sighting, is for them to shoot high at <100 meters.
It's because the ammo people are shooting in them has a ballistic trajectory that doesn't match what the sights are calibrated for.

>>33531331
>What should I try?
You drift the front sight to the right until the point-of-impact is in the same vertical plane as the the point-of-aim. As for shooting low, just bump the elevation up on the rear sight until you're hitting your point-of-aim.
>>
File: soviet dog.jpg (5KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
soviet dog.jpg
5KB, 225x224px
A piece of "advice" I was given a while ago was that since it was an RC, it was just going to shoot off no matter what. I didn't really believe him on that though.
>>
>>33531383
Thanks, appreciate the information and diagram.
>>
>>33531364
try shooting it at 100m with tangent sight at 100m and see if its still low, and then make sure ur not jerking the trigger.
>>
>>33531331
Kentucky windage ... get good
>>
>>33531388
>>33533682
you should believe them if a bore light shows a messed up bore or if you drop the head of a live round down the wrong end and the barrel eats it all the way too the casing
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.