[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Anyone have experience with the Ruger American rifles? Looking at the 308 all weather and it seems like the best rifle for the money at around $475
>>
Decent gun aside from the bolt feel. You don't get great feedback and it can be easy to short stroke and not strip your next round off the mag. Other than that it's functional.
>>
Ruger is usually a good choice. I'd personally save up for a weatherby vanguard as it's guaranteed sub moa and price starts at about 600$
>>
My cousin has one and its a damn tack driver
>>
>>33530146

do an internet search - ruger american 308 review

otherwise rugers are great
>>
I have their .22lr rifle and love it
>>
>>33530255
I've done a few and watched some videos. Mostly positive but just wanted to check with /k/
>>
>>33530146

Awesome rifle for the price. My bro has one. It's light and rugged. The trigger is very nice, light and crisp. I've consistently shot under 1" groups with it at 100 yards with normal hunting ammo. Haven't used match in it. The bolt is adequate but the gun is so cheap you can't complain. It does the accuracy and trigger right for more than it costs.

With that all being said I still bought a Tikka T3 stainless ultralight, but it cost more for just the rifle than my bros while scope/gun.
>>
>>33530178
Howa has the same. I'd recommend a howa 1500, I have one in 223 and i like it a lot.
>>
>>33530146
It is a great rifle. I bought one as my first gun. However i wouldn't recommend it if its your first center fire rifle because it only weighs like 6 pounds and with the recoil of .308 it can easily give you a flinching problem. If you are used to a nugget already then it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>33530166
I seriously don't get it when people complain about short stroking an action.. fuckin' throw that shit back and slam it forward like a man, it's a gun, not a nerfgun
>>
>>33530284
Nice try, fudd, ruger doesn't make a .22lr rifle.
>>
>>33533561
Not sure if troll or just retarded
http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/overview.html
>>
>>33530552

Vanguards are rebranded Howas
>>
>>33533561
Am I being baited?
>>
>>33530146

not creedmoor?
>>
>>33533886
I know this. As are almost all model 1500s.
>>
File: WP_20160217_001.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px)
WP_20160217_001.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>>33530284
Same. Other than the fact that my mags stick, it's perfect.
>>
>>33530284
>>33534439

I had to send my American rimfire in for repair. Front sight was rotated to the left, or counterclockwise, when looking down the bore, and the magwell wasn't tight enough so it would shave bullets when chambering. Luckily Ruger's customer service is great so they're sending me a new one, but I'm worried it'll have the same problems.

The first one was more than accurate enough, although the bolt made a lot of noise when working it. Hoping the second one turns out better. Should know in a few days.
>>
>>33534653
I should have been more clear- the magwell wasn't tight, so the mag would move around a little. Either seating a mag on a closed bolt or just bumping the mag would cause it to hang down slightly so bullets wouldn't feed at the correct angle, and would either shave slightly or sometimes get stuck completely.

If my replacement does that too I'll probably file down a small feedramp into the chamber.
>>
File: 2012-05-12 18.38.51.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-12 18.38.51.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>33530146
An old one, even back then they were shit compared to Winchester and Remington, not to mention the various European brands that are so popular now that outshoot anything American per dollar.
>>
>>33530146
I was heading for it, but finally bought a savage axis varmint.
Its almost the same quality of action and barrel.

But the predator's barrel is only "heavier" than sporting barrel its not a real heavy barrel, on contrary the savage axis varmint has a bull barrel.
After 20shots with my savage, the barrel was pretty hot and I was glad I made the good choice.

Trigger and V blocks on the predator may be tempting, but you can do a trigger job for 0$ on your savage axis just by shortening the spring, and make a good glass bed for 50bucks.

picatinny rail will cost you 30bucks for the axis, so no big deal.
>>
>>33530146
It's anecdotal, but two of my co workers own one. They both had catastrophic bolt failures. The bold explosively disassembled itself and launched the firing pin back into their cheek. One said if he wasn't wearing his glasses he believes it would have cost him his eye. Also, it made him shit himself.
>>
I'm thinking about getting the ranch in 556 for practice and plinking
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.