[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PARTS KIT BUILDS /PKBG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: KIT-PPS43-2.jpg (177KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
KIT-PPS43-2.jpg
177KB, 800x800px
What is the cheapest parts kit out there to build right now?

Was thinking trying doing a pps 43 build in 9mm, but I haven't done anything like that before.
UZI's looks pretty easy with the repair sections available.

Concerned about converting the bolts though since I have no milling machine.

>tfw would love to do a sten but semi auto bolts ar like $300
>>
pls
>>
>>33530098
Sa 26
http://militarygunsupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=1167
https://www.apexgunparts.com/czech-sa-26-parts-set-skeleton-stock-7-62x25-type-2.html
>>
>>33530098
I'm building an Uzi kit, it's something like $600-$700ish with all the semi auto parts and barrel though.
>>
>>33530098
hey OP, if you're thinking of a PPS-43, I have an untouched parts kit I can give you from centerfire arms, at a big discount. I was planning on building it myself, but now I'm going to Qatar, so I'm selling all my stuff. Let me know if you're interested.
Email is [email protected].
>>
Any company out there willing to build parts kits guns for you?
>>
>>33532498
Fucking want, what parts are those kits missing though, do they come with a receiver?
>>
>>33534727
Needs a receiver, barrel, and probably a semi auto bolt conversion
>>
>>33532498
>https://www.apexgunparts.com/czech-sa-26-parts-set-skeleton-stock-7-62x25-type-2.html
>>33534727
Check gun broker, there are even cheaper parts kits there.

There are a lot of deals that pop-up on gb among the super overpriced shit. (1K+ ak kits, $800 ppsh41s that don't even have any receiver pieces) If you go into the gun parts set category, you can sift through all that shit and find the deals; they're out there.
>>
I'm building a milled m70 and was wondering if anyone here has done it before and how they did it: like new receiver, re-weld, etc.
>>
How do you separate out all the ar-15 receivers and glock barrels chaff?
Or is this one of those things where you just have to scroll through hundreds of pages of it.
>>
>>33536290
>>33535155
>How do you separate out all the ar-15 receivers and glock barrels chaff?
>Or is this one of those things where you just have to scroll through hundreds of pages of it.
When you're searching gunbroker; I forgot to reply and give context.
>>
>>33532531
They're only $50, how cheap were you thinking?
>>
>>33536306
>>33536290
Just add -glock -niggers etc to the search box, separated with spaces
>>
So do you weld the receiver back together and then grind/sand it smooth?
Also, what options exist for the ones with drilled barrels?

I have access to full shop, and I'm a good welder and whatnot, but I wouldn't really know how to attack some of these problems.
>>
What are the laws like regarding parts kits? I've read "everything but that magazine" but does that include the receiver, etc? I mean, for a sten that's pretty much just a cut piece of pipe... Still need to go through an FFL in ca and all?
>>
>>33538544
If it includes a (not cut-up) receiver then it includes a firearm (the receiver) and you have to do FFL.
If it doesn't include the receiver or the receiver is cut up or otherwise destroyed then it's just a bucket of decorative metal and you can get it USPS'd to your door.
>>
>>33536306
on the left of gb, there is a category thing; go to gun parts then gun parts kit from the menu that opens.
>>
File: 1463033710061.jpg (71KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463033710061.jpg
71KB, 720x720px
>>33536747
You also have to weld in a bar inside the receiver (or use a smaller diameter tube for a sten/sterling) and modify the bolt so it will operate semi auto only, then, by the atf's reckoning, you have a semi-only receiver that will only fit a semi-only bolt. ATF determinations make "perfect sense" lol it's a lot of bullshit law to understand. If you just weld the receiver back together and don't modify it, even if it only fires in semi-auto, the atf determines that it is a machine gun, because it "may readily accept machine gun parts"
>>
>>33530098
>TFW you can't build a Mac 11

>TFW no pfffffffffft
>>
>>33532498
Tfw when Apex had these on sale last month for $39 and i got one!

Going to start after i finish up my Cetme/G3 build
>>
>>33540316
Why can't you build a mac 11?

You can pfft anything, practice your trigger finger grandpa
>>
Bumpitty bump
>>
>>33535155
That sa26 looks dope. How hard is it to get a receiver and a semi auto bolt for the thing, and how much shit do you need to build it?
>>
>>33540782
Various online retailers have the needed parts like Barrels and mags. As far as the receivers, thats some home depot shit hence the term tube gun.
The kit has the cut up reciever, bakelite grips and handguard, trunnion, fire control and stock.
You can find the blueprints to convert it to atf guidelines of semi auto online as well.

I have the kit i brought a while back and the reciever can be repaired though its pretty well fucked. Mainly youre just getting the cut up reciever to rob its parts like the mag well and sights.
I priced it roughly when i bought my kit for $40 and i think it would cost me roughly $300-400 to build. Although it could be done MUCH cheaper if made to its fully auyomatic specs. That however would be very illegal here in America and i love my dog very much.
>>
>>33540782
>>33540914
Forgot to mention the kit also had the bolt and firing pin assemblies
>>
>>33540914
Interesting. I love 7.62x25 and the idea of building an sbr really interests me.
>>
>>33538576
Cool. So I just need to learn to weld. If I had a garage I'd have a shop already. Renting blows.
>>
>>33540942
Yes! Me too. Plus its cool thag the folding stock is held on by a singe bolt. So you can have a pistol while you wait for your form to go through and then just bolt the bitch on
>>
What goes into the milling the pps 43 bolt for semi auto conversion?
>>
File: 1487455371120.jpg (61KB, 476x687px) Image search: [Google]
1487455371120.jpg
61KB, 476x687px
>tfw didn't buy cheap M16A1 and Romanian AKM parts kits four years back
>>
File: med_1467782536_image.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
med_1467782536_image.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>33542174
>>
File: 1491414484980.jpg (87KB, 901x883px) Image search: [Google]
1491414484980.jpg
87KB, 901x883px
>>33542174
Some day our pain will fade
>>
>>33534727
DON'T FALL FOR THE MEME.

THERE IS NO LEGALLY APPROVED SEMI AUTO CONVERSION FROM THE ATF.

!These have been selling for 30 bucks forever and nobody has determined a way to make them fire from a closed bolt position that is legal!

Caveat Emptor
>>
I'm selling a couple fudd guns to buy a PSAK-47 barreled receiver and parts kit. Not much assembly compared to what you all are doing but it will net me a mid tier AK for $500. I thought about doing an AR from PSA too but I have a fetish for rifles that bullets that are too heavy for them. 7.62x39 is the cheapest round that will indulge in my fetish.
>>
>>33542353
wut

It's like any other tube gun, you cut the bolt and drill out a firing pin hole to make it striker fired. That and modify the fcg to also be semi only. Or you can put in a hammer fired fcg and re-work the bolt to only fire by a hammer strike. That satisfies the atf requirements, just because they haven't released a fast & hard approved guide doesn't mean you aren't complying with the law. They'll only approve company products as legal firearms, or non-guns if you are looking for an unfinished lower, if someone submits a product for that reason
>>
>>33542476
>PSAK-47 barreled receiver and parts kit

don't do it just go buy a wasr
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.