[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (205KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
205KB, 1600x1200px
>Has revolutionary new guns
>The ammo for them is canceled and they're cucked into firing regular Excaliburs
>Guns now have a quarter of their original range
>>
They were never wanted in the first place.
>>
Procurement death sprial.

>cut ships by TEN times
>complain that components cost more now
>cut components.

Good news is trump is looking into extending the line. The 3rd ship has not been laid down yet, so there is time just to fund the program and suddenly, its component prices are much smaller.

If they dont, they should just strip the guns, throw in VLS cells, and turn it into an armed command ship like the Blue Ridge class, and use them as such.

It has the battle network connectivity for it, good radars.
>>
>>33529909

If you wanted to turn it into an actual command ship you'd be looking at removing more VLS cells for crew facilities and C3 space.
>>
>>33529909
>good radars
The Zumwalt SPY-4 was canceled lol
>>
File: sejong_the_great_class_l10.jpg (177KB, 1024x646px) Image search: [Google]
sejong_the_great_class_l10.jpg
177KB, 1024x646px
>While we're cutting our fleet back the South Koreans have 128 cell Burkes
The navy should be fucking ashamed of themselves
>>
>>33529944
You are an idiot.

>>33529943
It already has plenty of C3ISREW space for modern systems. The blue ridge was built in the 70's and built for much larger and crew intensive electronics.

Crew accommodations could be increased, sure.
>>
>>33529971
Are you doubting me? The dual band is only on the Ford senpai, the Zumwalt got cucked five ways to sunday
>>
>>33529957
The US is not really cutting their fleet, just components.

The Sejong class does not really have 128 multi mission cells, They have 2 different kinds of VLS cells on the ship, with different capabilities.

Its also about as big as a Tico too.
>>
>>33529988

Are you saying the SPY-3 MFR is not good?
>>
>>33529957

VLS cells do not make a warship, otherwise you'd just have container ships full of cells.

Reason why they can cram cells like that is because they don't have the requirement to go around the world, stay there for extensive periods and some more.

And as the other anon said.

>>33529971

I don't think the space for those systems is the problem. Fitting people into space to use those systems is the problem.
>>
>>33530014

Current C3ISREW space is already manned, the issue is getting the flag staff and whatnot into the ship.

I agree, take out the guns for more berth space.
>>
>>33530027

I'd consider reducing the VLS cell count to between 48-64 in mk41, which is more than enough for self defence.
>>
>>33530072

That i disagree with for a fast conversion. Too expensive for very little gain. You will get plenty of berth space if you take out the entire armament out of the front of the ship.

You could, but then the missiles would be ripped out of their special VLS, and replaced with an entirely different berthing arrangement, it would be expensive for not much space gain. Remember, the missiles are on the edge of the ship.
>>
>>33529957
>Sejong the 'great'
>>
>>33529890
I refuse to believe this ship was ever intended to be more than a research testbed for a submersible cruiser.
>>
>>33529890
Slash and whine.

And Excalibur rounds have more than a quarter of LRLAP's range.

>>33529909
>The 3rd ship has not been laid down yet

The third ship is far enough along in construction that its 155mm guns cannot be swapped for railguns without major reconstruction.
>>
If McCain doesn't die by 2020, I could see him pushing for more DDG-1000s, The USN just announced the FSC RFP should be coming out then, and I can see the crazy old bastard rejecting the proposals to once again fuck over the Navy.
>>
>FSC RFP
really hate military acronyms
define the fuck what ever this means
>>
File: 1481029995325.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1481029995325.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>>33529890
>Seriously thinking 155mm could travel 81 miles.
>>
>>33533813
FCS = Future Surface Combatant

RFP = Request For Proposal
>>
>>33529890
>what went wrong
Its being built by Americucks and not the Chinese.
>>
File: 1485578323832.png (59KB, 572x369px) Image search: [Google]
1485578323832.png
59KB, 572x369px
>they will never reactivate iowa
>>
It wasn't even a super good idea in the first place for the cost. If you spent the entire DDG 1000 budget on Burkes you'd have another couple Canadas worth of navy.
>>
>>33534147
No point in maintaining a gun/missile platform when you can do it cheaper elsewhere. It under performed arguably in the Vietnam War and didn't perform exceptionally enough as a missile platform to warrant continued use after the Gulf War.
>>
>>33533813
>he doesn't know what a RFP is

You must be a noguns.
>>
>>33529890
Too many politicians with boners for counting numbers such as vls cells.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.