[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 25

File: the shit i have to put up with.jpg (159KB, 840x623px) Image search: [Google]
the shit i have to put up with.jpg
159KB, 840x623px
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Slaying dragons edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed) (embed)

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253 (embed) (embed)
>>
File: 1485595063934.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1485595063934.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
>was keen on joining commandos since I'm a sick cunt who doesn't afraid
>Like their applicants to be from NSW, ACT and QL
>moved from NSW to SA 2 weeks ago

So how strict are the regional intakes?
>>
>>33529857
Are you that aussie dude from the previous threads? Can't help you with that.
>>
Whats are some good jobs for after the Navy as a CTR? Or should I just go to college and become an accountant
>>
So I passed my physical and I'm scheduled to do my background check and and pick my job tomorrow. Is it a serious interview where they ask me personal questions or do I just go in and pick a job based on my ASVAB and TAPAS or what's it like?
>>
So memes aside what is the difference between 11B and 19D?
>>
File: 1470192897164.png (377KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1470192897164.png
377KB, 657x527px
Guys, I'm scared about Korea.
>>
>10 minute mile
I'm not gonna make it.
>>
File: chin scritch.gif (4MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
chin scritch.gif
4MB, 600x337px
Is there any reason to join the ANG while I'm in college if I can pay for school?
>>
>>33530567
Just pick one, but do it at the recruiting office not at MEPS. Or they'll force you into any available job.
>>
How is being a boatswains mate in the Navy? I'm 18 and have no direction in life, I want to see the world and experience life outside my small town. Im not afraid of manual labor, I actually find it relaxing. I took a practice asvab and got 87 btw
>>
>>33531657
Not gonna sign anything unless i know i get what i want. Guess i should put some pressure on my recruiter to give me a contract i want because i won't sign shit tomorrow if they try to sucked me into a bad contract.
>>
Kind of a weird one

So the ASVAB is graded against everyone else who took it in the last 5 years right? At least that's what /meg/ told me. So if it's graded against that wouldn't it indicate 29% of the people who take it are barred from enlistment? 30 is the minimum score and it's a percentile test meaning if you get a 43 you did better than 42% of the population, if you get a 58 you did better than 57% of the population etc? But that can't be true can it? I know the military rejects a ton of people but no way can over a quarter of people who take the ASVAB get rejected just based on that. As it is getting a 30 basically means you need to be given safety scissors your whole life. So what am I missing here?
>>
>>33531950
Yeah they can. The people who score 30 or less on the ASVAB are borderline retarded.

If you think that is unfair then keep in mind that 80% of the adult US population is disqualified for the physical requirements due to allergies, ADHD, being overweight. And even if they meet those requirements they disqualify for drug use and criminal record.

If you get below 30 on your asvab you are seriously fucking stupid. And it's quite simply too difficult and time consuming to try to educate people who score that low.
>>
>>33532023
But is it actually 30% of people who take the ASVAB? That just seems like an insanely high number, I know some people get rejected for being paste eaters who can't get more than a 30 but to have almost a third of the people who take it get rejected doesn't seem possible to me. I figured the rejection amount would be more like 5%.
>>
>>33532139
Have you ever taken the ASVAB? It's so easy that if you score poorly on it you don't deserve to be in the armed forces.
>>
>>33532139

It's a mathematical distribution, not a real one. They extrapolate over the rest of the population since obviously 100% aren't tested.
>>
>>33532150
Yup. Got a 95, rejected for criminal record, lol

>>33532178
Oh so a portion of it is simulated? What do they base it on, SAT scores or something?
>>
>>33532202
They have a group of random people do the test and the AFQT is based on your performance compared to them. It's statistics.
>>
>>33529451
sup /meg/
just applied to canadian reserves
how fucked am I?
>>
>>33531476
I suppose I should clarify that I'd like to either be an Air Force pilot or an alphabet agency analyst
>>
>>33531476
Why pay for school if you don't need to?
>>
File: 13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg (822KB, 1330x800px) Image search: [Google]
13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg
822KB, 1330x800px
If you aint infantry, you aint shit.
>>
>>33533010

i hope you enjoyed the eggs i nutted in at the dfac
>>
>>33533031
i hope you enjoy all the hot girls you get
... oh wait youre a FUCKING POG

HAHAAHAHAHA
>>
>>33533053

i use my dd214 to wipe the cum off your mamas mouth because im a gentleman
>>
>>33533010
This
FUCK POGS
>>
File: 1449195436824.png (150KB, 522x346px) Image search: [Google]
1449195436824.png
150KB, 522x346px
>just committed to a meps date
I'm feeling really nervous about actually going through with this.
>>
>>33533329
what are you looking to go in for?
>>
How exactly does contract time work? Say I enlist for 4 years, then go to boot camp for 3 months and then MOS training for another 7 months.

Does that mean I only have 3 years and 2 months left to serve? Or does the 4 years not start until after training?
>>
>>33533354
after training
>>
>>33533329
Don't be a faggot. Your pride in the future will outweigh your fear in the present.

Fear is the mind killer.
>>
>>33533329
MEPS is pretty chill. All the physical tests are pretty quick and the doctor was pretty nice in my experience so they won't press you too hard about anything.

It's just a lot of sitting around waiting for the next part of the test.
>>
>>33533381
>>33533386
Thanks thanks.

>>33533344
Intel/tech jobs in the Air Force.
>>
>>33533386
This essentially. MEPS is just a lot of hurry up and wait.

Just don't be a retard. I knew a guy who got dropped when he had to bend over because the nurse asked him about a mole on his ass and he made some fresh comment. They take that shit really seriously.
>>
>>33533415
>>33533425

Yeah, don't ever be rude and also dress appropriately and people will treat you well. So go with some khakis and a decent shirt so you look presentable instead of ragged jeans and a graphic t-shirt and people won't think you're a total faggot. MEPS is a pretty formal place, if you look like you take it seriously then they'll take you seriously.
>>
>>33533480
Thanks anon, I'll be sure to dress nicely.

How in depth is the physical? Are they going to be cupping my balls or anything like that?
>>
>>33533521
you get a finger in the hole
>>
>>33533525
oh fuck
what if my asshole is too tense
i've never had anything in there before
>>
>>33533521
Yep. I went to meps like 2 weeks ago for my physical.

What he'll do is just look at your body front and back, look in your ears, then shine some light at your eyes and move it around giving you some instructions. Check your heart, listen to your lungs while you cough, squeeze your organs a bit, check your arms (i'm assuming they checked them extra carefully for signs of self harm), pull down your pants, look at your dick, if you have a foreskin he'll pull it back, then lift it up and look around your dick, squeeze your balls, have you turn around and bend over and look at your butts for signs of hemorrhoids or hernias. That's about it. It's over really fast. Most of the time you'll spend with him is going over what you filled out in your medical file.

I sat around and talked with my doctor and made some jokes most of the time. He was a funny guy.
>>
Whats the process of becoming an Army helicopter pilot?
>>
>>33533543
Show your power.
If you can snap his finger off at the knuckle with nothing but a firmly clenched sphincter you are helping yourself immensely
>>
>>33533556
No finger in the asshole?
>>
>>33533662
Maybe if you ask nicely. Otherwise no.
>>
>>33533672
the fr*king liars in this thread
>>
>>33533415
thats a decent gig, why are you nervous?
>>
>>33533543
Trust me, by the end of your service, thw Green Weenie will have thrashed your ass wide open.
>>
>>33533556
>i'm assuming they checked them extra carefully for signs of self harm
as a former emo cunt how do I cover this? there's not much but it looks like my left arm has octopus suckers on it. its incredibly faint though.
>>
>>33534308
no cutting shit just old burn marks. It looks like I could just say I spilled oil or some shit on it.
>>
>>33534308
You burned yourself on accident when you were 14.
>>
What are the best Air Force jobs for someone who wants to get an MBA and work a corporate job when they get out? Or that prepare one for a high paying job in business or government in general?
>>
My ship date is about a month and a half out. Shitting bricks
>>
File: lav.jpg (100KB, 524x349px) Image search: [Google]
lav.jpg
100KB, 524x349px
Anyone have any info on the MOS 0313? Been wanting to know more but there is literally nothing online about it.
>>
Can I wear boxer briefs to meps?
>>
best country for joining military as a south american?
not french legion pls normal infantry is already cannon fodder enough
>>
>>33534950
I did, didn't give me any trouble
>>
>>33534986
You can't really pick and choose like that. What nationality are you? Join your own nations armed forces.
>>
>>33534986
infantry or nothing
>>
>>33534603
maybe finance or something
>>
>>33535177
the problem is that the country is fucking shit, aside from that
>south america
there is fucking nothing to do here, no conflicts at all.
>>33535179
everyone who is not a infantryman is a fagman
>>
>>33535233
considering go russia, they have arabs slavs and even mongols, one south american will make no diference
>>
>>33534603
Intel officer?
>>
>>33535233
russia, usa, uk, australia are the main ones that will see action. join any of those
>>
>>33535402
will i be hunted? for being not so white
>>
>>33535505
no, theres heaps of colored guys in any military
>>
>>33535520
even ruskia? i love white women
>>
File: removethemall.jpg (9KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
removethemall.jpg
9KB, 212x237px
Did i fuck myself, /k/?

anyway, i was feeling a little down the other day, and i was on youtube looking up some shit about coping with depression / stress. I clicked some video by some muslim preacher guy talking about "virtues" or some shit like that. I by no means am muslim, or even religious at all, but it's nice to get hear positive things from just about anyone when you're down. So now in my "recommend for you" when i go on youtube, a whole section pops up with the same guy talking about different virtues in islam or some shit.

i don't want them to think im a crazy fuck or something when they go to give me a background check or whatever. i don't even believe in god, and the video's didn't even talk about anything crazy. im worried ill get denied for nothing...
>>
>>33535402
You can't join the US armed forces unless you are a permanent resident. I think you might even need to be a citizen for the UK. You can't just apply to them from out of the country.
>>
>>33535563
Yeah man the FBI are probably going to bust your doors down any moment now.
>>
>>33535563
>being this much of a little pussy
You're not going to make it through life.
>>
>>33535563
I bumped jihad nasheed playlists while cleaning guns for a while years back, don't be such a vagina.
>>
>>33532660
More details please. Army or Navy?

Mars officer here.
>>
Is there any chance of me enlisting if I have been seeing a therapist for the past five years and have been prescribed a few medications (nothing stuck)?
>>
>>33536420
this
>>
so, /k/...

rangers or marine recon?
>>
>>33536752
The regiment is SOF. Recon is SOF capable. Take that as you will.
>>
>>33536802
if i don't pass rasp though i get sent to the needs of the army, however i can still be infantry if i dont pass the recon school
>>
>>33536752
rangers but you wont make it anyway
>>
>>33535563
>Watched a guy teaching life lessons
>Thinks thats a bad thing
>doesn't know that if they check you out and find something concerning they'll give you a chance to explain yourself.
>Thinking a video of a guy talking about handling problems is worse than 4chan

I'm pretty sure you'll be alright, Anon.
>>
>>33536814
The surest way of getting into the regiment is an option 40 contract which means you will go to BCT or OSUT, then airborne school, and then RASP. If you pass airborne school and fail RASP, you'll be assigned to the 82nd. If you fail airborne school, you'll still be assigned to whatever MOS your contract stated. So if you got an 11X contract with an option 40 but failed airborne school, you'd still be infantry.
>>
>>33536752
Recon are pretty much guaranteed to get HALO and Dive certified.
Most Rangers don't go to these schools.
These certs get you extra pay.
>>
>>33536858
oh shit. sweet. i talked to a marine recruiter today and marine recon really caught my eye because i could still be infantry.

however, rangers are my first choice and being in the 75th is my ultimate realistic goal. i talk to the army recruiter thursday.

>>33536870
desu i don't care about pay as much as being in combat/deployed.
>>
Will I be in good shape after Army BCT/Infantry AIT? I'm kinda in "meh" shape right now, I meet the basic PT requirements but I'm kinda skinnyfat and a bit lazy.
>>
My max pushups are 53. How do I get them to 75 in 2 months?
>>
>>33538103
Do at least 150 total every other day. So like 50 in the morning another 50 afternoon and another 50 before bed.
What also works is to burn yourself out.
Do pushups until your arms literally give out. Then do "girl pushups" on your knees.
Then stand up and do standing pushups against the counter. Rest a couple minutes and do it again. 3 times total.
I got up to ~85 doing that
>>
>>33538103
look up The evil Russian Pushup Program

I doubled my pushups from 40 to 84 in 2 weeks
>>33538259
Is also good advice
>>
>>33538259
>>33538405
Thanks, gonna try the Evil Russian.
>>
>>33538583
Also, I go to meps in a week. Should I wait before doing the program so I don't burn myself out, or start now?
>>
>>33534799
You don't get to choose it, just the infantry set of MOS
>>
>>33536899
Only go recon if you love being in the water.
>>
>>33538610
It's best to prepare yourself for the carnival of autism you're about to experience.

You think you've seen stupid in the waking world? Fuck. Just wait until you go to MEPS. Think of it as a window into the future of the retards you'll be dealing with in your military "career".
>>
>>33531310
In today's world? Not much honestly. Slight cultural differences. If you want 11b but can't get it (for some reason ) 19d is in demand.
>>
>easier to do arms behind head sit ups instead of hands on thighs

Wot
>>
Any chance of enlisting with ADHD?
>>
>>33529451
I had reconstructive surgery on my dick to stop it from leaking when i was in elementary school and it looks funny now. When a meps doctor questions me about it should i play dumb? Oh and should i mention it on my medical questionnaire as 'others surgeries'?
>>
I'm 22 with a college degree and a juvenile record. What the hell can I do for the military?
>>
>>33540479
Become an officer.
>>
>>33540490
I had a pretty shitty time in high school with drug experimentation, hence the juvenile record. It's been a few years since then, but I don't like my chances of becoming an officer.
>>
>>33540385
You can't lie about it since they'll see it, get a waiver for it. So just tell your recruiter about it and you'll have to get your medical records and they'll request a waiver for it, wait a couple of weeks and they'll tell you OK you're good to go. I had to do that for a testicle surgery i had when i was 6. It was no trouble at all. Passed my physical just fine, the doc just took some extra look at my scars and decided everything seems to be functioning normally.
>>
>>33540579
Really? I didn't know that you actually needed a waiver for something like that. My issue is that if they dig up my medical records i'll need a waiver for childhood asthma as well since i was diagnosed with it at age 7. How long does the waiver process typically take? I;m trying to ship asap.
>>
>>33540619
Once i put in the waiver request he said it could take up to 30 days, but i got approved after 4 days. It depends on how fast they work at MEPS.

Don't know how it works with you having other shit on your record though. But it'll be faster to get that shit done before you go to MEPS because if you go there and they see you had surgery they'll send you home and tell you to get the medical files for the surgery so you can get a waiver.

Also they'll only get the papers you hand over to them so maybe you can just give them the relevant papers and "forget" to give them the papers about the asthma.

Ask your recruiter i guess.
>>
Anyone done the sally up pushup shit in basic?
>>
Is there any point in trying to max out the PT test if you're not in a combat related job?
>>
File: Chad_8167d6_6049220.jpg (74KB, 479x455px) Image search: [Google]
Chad_8167d6_6049220.jpg
74KB, 479x455px
Should I join the French Foreign Legion before or after I join my county's military?
>>
>>33541249
Yes. PT scores are worth a lot of promotion points in the army at least.
>>
why did you join in a reason?
>>
>>33541481
idk YOLO
>>
File: IMG_3859.jpg (42KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3859.jpg
42KB, 300x209px
>>33529451
Where's the huge ass Eagle, Globe and Anchor, Dress Blues, and NCO Saber?
>>
>>33541358
I'm going navy, but id assume it's the same
>>
Is there a way to send money home while I'm in basic?
>>
>>33541767
Your money will be sent to a checking account. So just add someone else to that account and they can access the money.
>>
>>33529451
Boys please help

I have a meeting with a recruiter later to discuss PLC program for becoming an officer in the marines. What do I do and not do?
>>
So i'm gonna have to go to the hotel at 2PM today just so i can sign a contract tomorrow. This is fucking bullshit. I know things in the armed forces take time but this is ridiculous. I live 30 minutes away from MEPS, i could just drive there myself.
>>
>>33541878
No fuki fuki dik cumm
>>
What are the differences exactly between 12r and 12b (Interior Electrician and Combat Engineer)?
I'd like something that I could use as a trade skill outside the army. Since trade school and college is out of my reach financially.
>>
>>33541959
Huge fucking difference. Combat engineer is combat arms, they'll be the ones sweeping for mines, building trenches, part of their job could include going into a building with their M4's and shooting people. They'll be in the front lines

Interior electrician is much more laid back and you'll be working on the bases or fixing the power in buildings after they've been cleared out. You won't be seeing any combat.

So interior electrician is just like their civilian counter part as being an electrician so if you want to learn a trade that's what you want.
>>
>>33542021
How difficult is it to get into either one of them? I have no real prior experience in electrician stuff but I would like to. However combat engineer sounds more thrilling.
>>
>>33542053
You need zero experience to get into any of those jobs. They're made for people with no prior training or skills. Beware of combat engineer though because you'll be carrying so much heavy shit you're gonna get messed up. Your knees and back will take a serious beating.

But yes, it does sound like a fun job. I decided to go infantry instead though.
>>
>>33542085
I've been looking at infantry as well if I wanted to go to college afterwards but the idea of any office job sounds terrible. Do you know of any other trade skill-like positions in the army? Maybe closer to the front line?
>>
>>33542136
Personally i'm going the army to police route so i figured in that case i might as well go infantry. If you want trades then you should think about if you think the 25 series is something for you, that's radio and tech stuff.

So what it all boils down to in my opinion is that you need to find some area that interests you and that you could see yourself working with for the next 3 years or so.

Like the officer at MEPS said during our medical brief, if you get an admin job then you'll spend the next few years googling pictures of wrenches because you're never going to touch one in your military career.

Do you like working with wiring then go for interior electrician.
>>
>>33542172
What if u have an electrical engineering degree and you go infAntry officer
Is that a bad decision if you actually want to be a practicing engineer later on loaf?
>>
>>33542221
If you want to be an electrical engineer then be an electrical engineer. If you want to be an officer then be an officer. You're not going to find a middle ground where you can be an officer who does matlab scripts to optimize data links for the drones at your disposal.
>>
>>33541959
Durr. If you enlist you get the GI Bill. "Muh job skills" is the funniest joke ever.

What the fuck is so hard to understand? You fucking idiot?
>>
>>33542301
I'd rather work a trade skill and I cannot afford any schooling on my own at the moment. Also college has never really interested me because I don't even know what I'd get a degree in. What's dumb about that?
>>
Hey /k/, I've asked in a few previous threads but never got any (you)s. Does anyone have experience with the Army or Air National Guard? I'm specifically looking at 3D0X3 (Cyber Surety) or 3D0X2 (Cyber Systems Operations) in the Air Guard. Something related to either of those would be great too. Army National Guard is also a possibility with the 35 series (specifically 35Q, but I don't know if it's entry level). Any recommendations? Also, how easy is it to transfer units/bases once in?
>>
>>33542239
No I get that I won't be doing any engineering if I join
But I want muh honor and to hone my leadership/management skills. maybe grab masters degree after time served
Wondering if anyone has any experience with this or knows anyone
>>
>>33541268
after, you probably wont leave the legion in one piece
>>
>>33542377
GI Bill covers trade school too

don't fuck yourself out of the greatest benefit they give you. go to school after, retard
>>
>>33542723
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the tip!
>>
File: 1473267166929.jpg (35KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473267166929.jpg
35KB, 300x400px
Is it a good idea to join the reserves while getting a college diploma\Uni degree, or is it better to go regular force and possibly go back to school afterward?
>>
>>33541959
I was an apprentice electrician before I entered DEP for the Army. If you want a trade from the military you will have to take classes while you're in, AIT will not be enough to get you certified. You also need to make sure that your state will honor military experience towards your yearly hour requirement (4 years of full-time work)
>>
>>33542888
Depends on the branch. Army reserves are pretty dope and have some great benefits.
>>
>>33543006
Definitely think army reserves if that's the path I pick.
>>
>>33542882
on the gi bill you also get living expenses which cover way over your actual cost of living. most people actual make profit off of it without having to work
>>
>>33541358

The APFT isn't really worth that many promotion points, but being a PT stud gets you much more important brownie points with your chain of command.
>>
I want to go into the army as a chinook mechanic. I was in a mental hospital 3 times at a very young age and i caught misdemeanor terroristic threatening chargea when i was 15 but i personally had my juvinile record sealed. I talked to an army recruiter a couple of years ago and the moment terroristic threatening left my mouth he told me there was nothing he could do for me. So do i lie this time? I dont want to creep around hiding my ass the entire time but the military is pretty much the only way out of the hole ive dug myself.
>>
What's the worst thing you can say to your recruiter?
>>
>>33543631
seconding this
>>
>>33543631
Probably this >>33543590
>>
If you lie about something that's on your medical record, what are the chances that theyll find out
>>
>>33544250
If it's not on paper, you don't have Tricare and it won't show up in the basic tests meps does then you're fine
>>
>>33544035
You're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>33544527
The terrorist is mad
>>
>>33543631
>"I spent 18 years in a Guatemalan insane asylum. So when do I get my gun?"
>"I really look up to Lee Harvey Oswald."
>"Boy, if there are any Jews in my platoon they are gonna be sorry."

Take your pick.
>>
>>33544527
hahaha
hes right you went full blown autismo
>>
File: 1490865006909.jpg (190KB, 1000x963px) Image search: [Google]
1490865006909.jpg
190KB, 1000x963px
>tfw counting down the months until you start trying to get into the air force
>>
File: 1475740396191.gif (3MB, 466x499px) Image search: [Google]
1475740396191.gif
3MB, 466x499px
>>33545285
>TFW counting down the months to ship
>>
>>33545285
>>33545320
if you have questions i can try to answer them
>>
Thinking of going Army Reserves.
Was looking at combat medic. How does the AIT work?
After basic, do I go back home? After I ship out again for my AIT? Do I get to go home during some of my AIT. Training?
>>
File: gass_boyz.jpg (328KB, 661x974px) Image search: [Google]
gass_boyz.jpg
328KB, 661x974px
>>33545352
How long are the watches at night?
>>
>>33545519
in basic? 2 hours, same for daytime too
at tech school? like 12 hours, i havnt done it yet tho so im still fuzzy on the details
>>
Anyone form the UK that can answer some RAF questions?

My nearest RAF AFCO basically said they don't went to speak to me until I've sent in my app, but I still have questions :l
>>
Do all branches drug test when enlisting?
Is it done before or after boot?
I smoke a little weed, wondering how long I should wait before I start talking to a recruiter.
>>
>>33545677
they do it at meps and at basic
>>
>>33545677
Don't be that dagga fag and wait till the day before to stop. Get it out of your system a week or two before meps and boot.
>>
>>33543631
"I want to enlist as an 11b or c"
>>
Bored drill sergeant here on CQ AMA. I got roughly 40 mins will answer anything about basic I can
>>
I'm paying out of pocket for school right now. I've got about 2 years until I get my BA.

Is it worth it to enlist in the reserves? The nearest base is an hour and 30 minutes away.
>>
>>33546254
what do you think of females in infantry?
>>
>>33546270
Marines btw
>>
>>33546254
What branch? How often do you smoke recruits, and what do you usually smoke them for? What's the dumbest situation you've ever encountered from a recruit?
>>
>>33546254
what base? what's cell phone policy for your recruits?
>>
>>33546254
Ever lost your composure when a recruit said something funny? How did you react?

Ever have a recruit who already came 100% squared away and needed minimal attention?
>>
>>33546275
1 week at basic and you'll see they don't belong. Females hips just literally explode when we do ruck marches and usually half of them end up on profile before the 9 weeks are done. There are always a few that pull their weight but they're few and far between. We're required to go easier on them. That's all I can really say without stepping over my limits.
>>
File: fat man.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fat man.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>Get offered a commission through OCS
>next officer school isnt until later this year or early next year
>just to get here has been almost a year of recruiter fumblings and fuckups

Just got selected for AF Pilot, AMA

basics out of the way:
>have a bachelors with good or near perfect gpa
>have upwards of 85 flight hours or at least a private pilot. I had over 100 and my instrument rating
>be not a shitbird
>be able to interview well with officers and genuinely want to spend the next decade of your life in service
>no physical disabilities (that can be proven by a doctor) correctable vision to 20/20 is OK

honestly here to help, this has been a nightmare and I wish someone told me the shit I know now
>>
>>33546287
Army, personally I hate disrespect in formation. If you're talking or moving in formation I will make an example of you. Just keep your head straight and don't talk. Dumbest situation was during weapon turn in some privates thought it would be funny to hide a disliked battle buddy's weapon. We found it behind the wall lockers. We made them move all their bunks and lockers outside and they slept like that for a week. Got down to about 20 degrees that week too
>>
>>33546305
Ft Jackson, privates get their phones for 10 mins at every phase up and 30 when they complete their last ruck. You get extra phone time if you score a 300 or above on the APFT or some other personal achievement
>>
>>33546313
Towards the end of the cycle we relax a lot and will occasionally joke around with the privates, I've cracked up at some things. We're human beings remember. Some privates are funny as fuck. And yes, if you can score at least 60 on all events on the APFT and remain composed in formation you'll be in high regard with the drills. You'll probably finish with a 250+ and get promoted at the end. Don't come to basic if you can't get at least a 50 in every event already.
>>
>>33546254
advice for someone about to ship out?

things to bring that aren't on the packing list?
>>
>>33546454
Show up to everything in the right uniform and do what you're told. We'll mess with you at first but after the first 2 weeks if you have your shit together we'll leave you alone for the most part. Don't bring anything but 2 sets of clothing and personal hygiene shit. Everything else will be given to you and you can't even keep anything you bring until graduation you get your civilian clothes back
>>
Drill sergeant here I have to go, if people want I'll pop back in other meg threads when they pop up and answer any questions
>>
>>33546373
How do you recon the chances of some 21 year old jackass in community college to get a slot?
>I wish someone told me the shit I know now
Like what?
>>
File: 1491059997366.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1491059997366.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>joined NUPOC a few months ago
>realize now that was a shitty thing and no longer that interested
>don't wanna say anything because I don't want the OTH discharge
>>
>>33546556
well 21 isnt a bad age, most of my fellow selectees are like 25+, and the other pilot select is 27. the school itself doesn't matter as long as you have good grades and people would talk well enough of you

also dont have a criminal record or do drugs.

>I wish someone told me the shit I know now
like that it would take 2 fuckin years and a bureaucratic hedge maze just to get to the school, for one. The first test is just having the drive to finish filling out your packet.
Some minor informational stuff like how long the wait is between submitting a packet, selection and training. Which is about 6 months to fill out the packet (go to all their tests etc), 3 months waiting to get selected, and now 6 months to a year before I go to training.

Also be fucking johnny on the spot with your recruiter. you honestly have to be almost annoying in asking "what do I need, whats the next step." and tell your recruiter flat out that all he has to do is tell you where to be and you can make it.
>>
At the hotel waiting to go to MEPS to sign my contract tomorrow. This fucking sucks. Guess I might as well get used to it.
>>
>>33546709
Would you say it's easier to go through ROTC than OTS?
>>
Navy intel here. Anyone with questions about intel or naval special warfare can ask me.
>>
>>33546827
I'm going CTR, what are most likely duty stations for that. What was the TS clearance like?
>>
>>33546827
What makes a good analyst? Do intel officers do anything besides manage the enlisted?
>>
>just got an appointment to meet my recruiter next week

what things should i say to the recruiter? all i know is that i might go to army and have a few mos' in mind.
>>
I'm shipping out to Army Infantry OSUT in 12 days. I'm joining my state's Guard.

Sheesh.

Two questions.

>One

If I leave on April 17th, 14 weeks later is July 31st. Does the 14 weeks include the several days of reception? I've heard its MEPS on steroids. Any tips?

>Two

I used to be a varsity level college athlete. That was some time ago. At our last RSP drill, I ran a 6:47 one mile, got 41 push ups in one minute, and 36 sit ups in one minute.

I *want* to improve down there and get back to where I was. Will the exercise and smoke sessions we do be enough to get me back up to the 280-300 range? Or will I have the chance to work out on my own time? If I have to wokr out on my own, how/when will I do that?
>>
>>33546813
Probably yes. Only reason i didn't get into ROTC was they didn't want to offer me my scholarship going in, and when I contacted them after, they wanted me to stay till 2017 to take the ROTC classes, when I was graduating in 2016 and couldn't stay in the area.

That was my fault for reaching out in sophomore year, instead of freshman. ROTC undoubtedly seems simpler.
ALSO, even if you dont get a scholarship or offer in high school, you can still go ROTC while in college, and theyre more likely to accept you if youre already in college
>>
So going into the Army as a Signal Support Specialist?
What are the chances I'll be based in Vicenza Italy?
Hoping to be based there but I get the feeling I dont get a choice.
Also any signal support specialists here?
>>
>>33547241
>meps on steroids

in what way?
>>
>>33547369
being airborne helps
>>
>>33547436

Days of sitting around getting shuffled from room to room waiting in lines.
>>
>>33546373
how much did it cost to get all those flight hours and your instrument rating?
>>
Would 3 months be enough time to get into good enough shape to get a 280+ score on the APFT test? I'm in average shape, I'm not fat.
>>
>>33547588

Absolutely.

Here, I'm in a good mood.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B11F7e9MXvzyOURUVHcyb0NQUW8?usp=sharing

These workouts will get you into fighting, functional shape.

I got a 300 on my APFT by going to the gym, running a warm up mile, then doing one of these workouts. Just right in order, then start again. I worked out 5 days a week.

You SHOULD work a little extra ab work in there if you can, to be honest. Maybe switch it up and do 100 sit ups as the warm up instead of the mile run.
>>
File: 1483999828590.jpg (751KB, 707x680px) Image search: [Google]
1483999828590.jpg
751KB, 707x680px
>>33547707
Much appreciated anon, I'll make a routine out of these along with the usual run, push up, sit up, pull up.

>>33547588
>APFT test
Just realized how redundant that was
>>
>>33544440

Different guy
What if... I do have tricare?
>>
>>33543590
Somebody please help me
>>
>>33547495
about $2000 for a private and 3-4000 for my instrument. It was a part 141 school and baseline Cessnas were about 150 an hour plus 20-30 dollars an hour for your instructor. If youre doing bare minimum you can get your private done in about 40-50 hours and your instrument in 35-40.

Also for instrument, we used more expensive planes that went to about 190/200 an hour. You CAN use simulators for certain things which are significantly cheaper, but it will depend on your school
>>
>>33546901
CTR can literally work anywhere.
Every base has them but the SEALs take the best of them.

TS is done during boot camp and a school
>>
>>33546917
Depends on the job. A good analyst knows how to not make assumptions because that will get people killed.
>>
>>33548121
>>33547492
alright fucked up my math, I forgot to count in the fact I got flight scholarships so that 2000 and 4000 was about how much it cost me personally.

however, if you dont have that luxury, lt normally costs anywhere from $5000 to $9000 per rating. You do solo flights and some sim time if your school has them that can mitigate the costs a bit, but plan for easily 5000.
>>
>>33533425
>>33533480
Buddy of mine got in the Navy but had a history of cutting over stupid shit. Told him to keep his mouth shut and he'd got through must of it. But towards the end they asked him if they had anything else to say and he spilled his spaghetti. They shipped his ass out fast over that.

Moral of the story: Keep your fucking mouth shut.
>>
>>33543590
>>33548109

Honestly man, you should be fine if you go to a new recruiter and keep you mouth shut.

When you say "Terroristic threats" can you go into more detail? I'm not gonna judge you, we all do stupid shit. Did you ever get fingerprinted?

The honest to god truth of it is, I, and many people I know, enlisted with stupid disqualifying stuff on our records. You just don't bring it up. For a chinook mechanic, it doesn't look like you need a clearance of any type. Even if you needed secret, you'd still be fine.

This means that they are going to scan your fingerprints through the FBI database, and if nothing comes up, they will never, ever know. I promise you this Anon.
>>
>>33547871
Then military has direct access to your health records and knows everything you've used it for
>>
>>33548285
>When you say "Terroristic threats" can you go into more detail?

Ok so
>be a dumbass 15 year old
>new school trying to recreate myself
>for some reason I choose to be the "idgaf" guy
>do increasingly stupid shit in school
>eventually bring an airsoft gun to school because I'm a dumbass 15 year old
>show some people because I'm a dumbass 15 year old
>I obviously get expelled
That's not what I got in legal trouble for I just felt it necessary to express how much of a dumbass 15 year old I was
>"friends" tell me the two people that told on me
>message one on Facebook saying I'll kick his ass
This is the part I truly regret
>tell him to tell the other guy "I'll kill you cunt"
That's the story of how I fucked myself. I was a really stupid kid.
>>
>>33548141
How about for an all source analyst?
>>
>>33548520

Dude, that's absolutely nothing.

Don't say anything and you will be 100% fine. Don't mention the mental health stuff as a kid either. They have no way of finding that out except your word.
>>
>>33532846
I can't help you with the pilot business but
>an alphabet agency analyst

you do not have to have military experience to do this. In fact the military (in my experience at least the Army) school house for all source intelligence analysis (typically what people think of when they say "intelligence analyst") is absolutely garbage. Your experience while enlisted can vary and you CAN gain good experience as an analyst.

You will need a degree to become a federal civilian. Civilian education is also something that will greatly improve your analytical capability (generally, though it will depend on your major and specific program/faculty).

Again, you do not need to have military experience to be an all source analyst as a federal civilian. You will go through the same exact application process as a veteran (submitting your resume/application on cia.gov, fbi.gov, dia.mil etc. or through USAJobs). The only advantage a veteran will concretely have is the veteran's point preference. But CIA doesn't give veteran's preference. I'm unsure about NSA, State, or Energy.
>>
>>33548538
Depends on the duty station. Source analyst on a ship is going to be doing different shit than a source analyst working for WARCOM/STRATCOM/PA/CENT/SOUTH/EU etc
And If you work for the teams you lead a whole different life.
>>
>>33548502
Are... you sure?
>>
>>33533053
>i hope you enjoy all the hot girls you get
>... oh wait youre a FUCKING POG

I see some tard say this every thread that I participate in.

Chicks literally could not care less that you were in the military much less if you were a hard dicked killer or a truck driver. The only ones who care are tab/badge chasers and the loose VD ridden slags who hang around post.

I can tell you exactly how many times someone asked what I did in the Army after they found out I was a veteran student: twice. Exactly two times has someone bothered to ask what I did and then ask questions about it.

90%+ of people have no idea what the military is actually like and 99% of those don't actually care.
>>
>>33533363
>after training

Wrong.
>>
>>33535563
>So now in my "recommend for you" when i go on youtube, a whole section pops up with the same guy talking about different virtues in islam or some shit.

Do you really think the government is keeping an eye on your YouTube recommendations?
>>
>>33548565
I was convicted though. Spent a year on probation with some community service. I dont remember if my fingerprints were taken. Thats seriously nothing?
>>
>>33548609
I had Tricare when I signed up, they knew more about me medically than I did
>>
Is okay to lie about having ADD?

I don't know man it makes me feel really sketchy.

>How fucked am I if I lie about it?
>>
>>33548704
ADD is a meme but just don't bring it up and don't stutter when you say you don't have it.

Any kid with a sign of life is told they have ADD.
>>
File: B-1B.jpg (457KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
B-1B.jpg
457KB, 2000x1328px
So, if there's no record of it happening then there's no point in mentioning it correct?
>>
>>33548692

You got convicted over that? That seems pretty ridiculous.

Did you go before a judge? Were you actually arrested or did you just get a citation that said "You did X?"
>>
>>33548589
>In fact the military (in my experience at least the Army) school house for all source intelligence analysis (typically what people think of when they say "intelligence analyst") is absolutely garbage
Really? I've heard the guys the Air Force produces are pretty well respected, but now that I think about it, 110 days isn't very much training at all.

>Civilian education
This is my first priority without a doubt. The idea is to maybe gain a little bit of experience whist studying, especially since my community college is only a few miles from the base I would be working at. My intended major is physics, which should serve me well, given it's mostly wrestling abstract problems into something solvable.

How much of a difference does any kind of relevant experience make? Do they prefer fresher, more malleable candidates or people who already have some idea what they're doing without as much training?
>>
>>33548704
Have you been diagnosed by a doctor and a psychologist? they took you in and gave you a medical diagnosis, and prescribed you ritalin or something?

Cuz if you family doc said you have add and gave you some pills, thats not the same.

>>33548890
depends on what it is. If you had a broken leg but never got it treated or recorded then you could get away with it maybe, but you might fail your medical test
If there was a crime and you werent convicted or arrested and charged, also yes.
If you lie to them and there is a record of those things etc, then theres problems
>>
>>33549080
>If you lie to them and there is a record of those things etc, then theres problems

Still though, if it's little stuff like citations and you weren't fingerprinted and you aren't going out for a job with TS clearance, still isn't worth mentioning.
>>
>>33549184
But what if one is going for a job that requires a TS/SCI clearance? Does that mean you should disclose everything?
>>
Hey guys, I'm a senior in high school right now. Currently I'm torn between two options right now. I'm dead set on doing ROTC but now I'm contemplating whether or not to attend Virginia Tech and go through the Corps of Cadets over there or just do regular Army ROTC at Baylor.

It's not the lifestyle that I'm interested in, I'm not exactly eager to pay to get yelled at. It's just that when I visited Virginia Tech, the people there told me that 90% of the graduating Cadets get their top two slots, which basically guarantees active duty. Something that I'm sure that doing ROTC at a regular school can't give me.

I'm confident in my ability to get good grades and be outgoing in school. It's just that I really want to commission active duty infantry. With all that being said, what would you guys recommend? Regular ROTC or Corps of Cadets at VTech. Does the Corps really give THAT much of an advantage for commissioning officers?
>>
>>33549355
I'm no officer, but from what I've gathered in your post going to Virginia Tech would seem to benefit you more in the long run. What's stopping you from doing this? You want to commission active duty infantry and you were told that graduating as a cadet from Virginia Tech guarantees active duty. Get over getting yelled at, it'll be an extremely minute obstacle to get over if you want to be active duty, especially as an infantry officer. Why the hesitation?
>>
>>33549410
I've been reading online, I've seen a lot of people say that Corps kids get their minds too inflated with military boners and that it doesn't really give that much of an advantage in commissioned officers. Virginia Tech is also on the other side of the country from me in SoCal and Baylor's half the distance, so it's easier for me and my family.

This is going to come off as really lazy, but I don't see the point in putting in a ton of extra work all for a minuscule change. Depending on how competitive getting slots are by doing regular ROTC is what's going to really determine where I go to school.
>>
Am I an idiot for wanting to be a combat engineer? Any advice?
>>
>>33549617
I understand that given your situation, it'd be a pain in the ass to go across the country for a small benefit. Ultimately it's your life so therefore it's your decision on how you approach this, in your best interests it would probably be best just to attend Baylor and its ROTC program.

According to Baylor.edu on their ROTC program
>The Baylor University Bear Battalion is proud to be one the 273 host schools that produce approximately 60 percent of the Second Lieutenants who join the active Army, Army Reserve and Army National Guard. More than 40 percent of current Active Duty Army General Officers were commissioned through ROTC.

I think you'll be fine really, just try your best and never slack off on ROTC or coursework. Make yourself look as good as possible so you increase your chances of going active duty. Just as a reminder though, I'm no officer so take what I say with a grain of salt. Ganbatte anon.
>>
>>33549665
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>33549355
If you want to move to Virginia, go to UVA instead
>>
>>33548960
I went in front of a judge and had to take a plea deal to avoid felony charges. i was never actually arrested though.
>>
>>33548126
What do they do when they're attached with SEALS? Do you have to do any additional training? I'm colorblind will that prevent me from attaching with NSW?
>>
Is going military intelligence a good way to get into like the FBI or DEA?
>>
>>33549355

how long has Baylor had ROTC? I was there from 2008-2011
>>
If I go into the British army as infantry for 4 years, what's the chances I'll be deployed?
>>
>>33550950

If you only got a citation and were never actually arrested, I'd be willing to bet you are good to go.

They are processing THOUSANDS of people literally every single day. They do not have the time or the resources to research every single applicant who is trying to join the military, unless they will be around sensitive information.

I knew a guy who literally had a hate crime charge over his head because he threw a rock at a gay guy and broke his nose. Got it reduced to a simple assault or something like that and now he's an Officer in the USMC.

You just want to enlist as a mechanic. You should be perfectly fine.
>>
File: 537px-Bardo_Baal_Thinissut1.jpg (48KB, 537x599px) Image search: [Google]
537px-Bardo_Baal_Thinissut1.jpg
48KB, 537x599px
If I took depression/anxiety medication prescribed by a psychiatrist from 14 to 16, should I be worried commissioning as an officer? Would this come up at MEPS?
>>
>>33551100
That depends entirely on what happens in the next four years, doesn't it?

There's the very real possibility that any number of places go to ratshit and you get sent over to sort it out. There's also the very real possibility that you do nothing of the sort, with a posting in Catterick followed by a stint in Belize/Kenya and your final posting being the Falkland Islands or somewhere else like that.

Why are you intent on doing four, anyway?
>>
>>33552167
4 is minimum service.

I'm more interesting in enlisting for the experience and training, rather than a career. Its a life style I am fond of, and getting paid to do it is just a bonus.

Thanks for the advice though, helps put things into perspective.
>>
>>33547275
Hey, my recruiter told me that only supreme ubermensch sports ball captains get picked for OCS with just a degree and that as a "whitee" like me can't just get in on good fitness and gpa alone. He says I need to enlist

Is that true?
>>
>>33552552
Marines btw
>>
>>33552359
Reserve SAS/Para if you have the spare time and want the lifestyle, as you can do it at your own pace and if anything does happen that you're interested in you will be encouraged to volunteer anyway.

Other Reserve units are also an option, but they're not Infantry. Some interesting units out there doing things. If there's a big one you'll be able to go and if there's not, you can stick to a civilian job and enjoy the skiing/shooting/drinking/mountaineering on tuesdays and some weekends.
>>
>>33551056
Sort of.

It's helpful and a step in the right direction, but being MI alone is not enough. Usually a degree and a deployment or two is enough to get your foot in the door.
>>
Recruiter told me to lie about my shellfish allergy. Should I? It has never been diagnosed.
>>
>>33552635
Never been diagnosed = never happened

It's your health though
>>
>>33552635
Really nigga
>>
lads are we going to war with syria?
>>
>>33552647
>>33552665

(shellfish guy here)

I will prep my references, but one of my is a nervous kid. Will I be fucked if he accidentally says i'm allergic? What do they ask your references anyway?
>>
>>33552725
If it's not on your record, they have no reason to assume you've got a food allergy. I doubt they ask

Alternatively:

"Oh I told him I hated lobster, he must've just been confused and assumed I was allergic."
>>
>>33546561
Other than honorable discharge actually is not that bad, and given the circumstances, you may be eligible to reenlist. It's like the golden key for people who picked the worst branch/job/time of their life to enlist.

Just be hush hush about it.
>>
>>33549184
absolutely wrong.

if theres a citation record you 100% have to report it. They will find it.
The forms you sign will explicitly state to list any law enforcement nonsense. The forms sometimes say "unless its under $300" or "in the past 10 years" so you dont have to list a minor fines from 15 years ago etc, but you still have to report them other places. However, if its things like a few traffic tickets, then its really not going to matter to them anyway, so just report it.

>>33549355
if the only thing making you think VT is that 90% rate then just do ROTC. If youre a good student you will get your pick. It's true that living in that environment will indoctrinate you with a different lifestyle that can set you up for success, but its nothing a smart guy can't figure out for himself. If ROTC gives a scholarship, then id pick that over VT. youre absolutely correct >>33549617
that it gives a minimal benefit.

If youre that conflicted about it, why not apply to West Point? Free schooling and much more prestigious than VT.

Ultimately though ROTC will get you where you need to go, so theres really no need to have to move across the country for the minor resume point that you went to VT.
>>
>>33552552
well thank you recruiter for calling me an ubermensch, but it IS extremely competitive. I had 1 B in my entire school career and even before college I could run 5 minute miles and do situps/pushups till the cows came home. Boy scouts, clean record, it all adds up

You in high school? whats your gpa? Recruiters are lying scum, but he might be trying to hint that you dont have good chances of OCS. if youre in high school thats a long way off to be eligible to try for OCS, id reccomend checking into ROTC if thats the case.

If youre close to getting a college degree, then they have dual track applications you can fill out. Essentially you do the normal OCS stuff, and if you dont get selected, then you get the option to enlist without having to start over the process.
>>
>>33549039
>How much of a difference does any kind of relevant experience make? Do they prefer fresher, more malleable candidates or people who already have some idea what they're doing without as much training?

The impression I get from talking to analyst managers, analysts, and academics involved in the civilian side of the IC is that the current idea at the forefront is to emphasize less specific experience or education and more basic analytic skills that can be built upon. Continuing education is also a big initiative for both analysts and operators as far as skill building goes.

As far as who the IC prefers it's just down to the individual candidate assuming you can make it through a TS/SCI investigation. There isn't one single path or profile you can build that will give you a 100% chance of getting hired because a variety of backgrounds and educations is as important in the analytic mission as it is in the operations mission. What you need to do is figure out what makes you as unique as possible and what you will bring to the mission.

While I have military intelligence experience and a diverse background of experiences I'm going to grad school first because it will allow me to bring additional experience to the mission.
>>
File: asd.jpg (66KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
66KB, 540x960px
How is the hazing in your country's army? Well, here in hueland 18 guys in a patatrooper unit beat up some guy so bad he had to amputate both of his testicles.
>>
>>33553346

are they still mad about that soccer game
>>
>>33553346
Yes. The Rio de Janeiro state went bankrupt and cant even pay the state employees. All this shit and we manage to lose 7-1. The least they could do was to lose with some dignity.
>>
>>33553455
>>33553413
>>
>>33536526
Anyone?
>>
>>33536526
Depression meds? I think you have to be off any meds for a certain amount of time.
>>
For anybody that knows anything about Rangers/SF:
Is there a specific group of people that commonly join the SO forces from prior units/divisions? I'm looking to join one or both during my time to come in the Army, and want to know if I'll have an advantage in joining besides passing qualification.
>>
>>33554088
I was prescribed prozac by a physician when I was 13 right after my mom died. After that I was only given one other antidepressant, the rest were ADHD medication. I've been off any medication for over a year now I think.
>>
>>33554109
The odds are not in your favor, but see if a recruiter will work with you
>>
>>33554109
were you diagnosed by a psychologist when you were 13 as having a mental problem? Similarly were you diagnosed as having ADHD? if you were prescribed the medication alone, then you have wiggle room, you just have to be off them and show you are competent without the drugs.

if there was no mental diagnosis you should be ok, doctor prescribing you stuff is meaningless and recruiter will tell you not to say anything. go to a local office and talk with one you might be ok.
>>
>>33551056
You'll still need a bachelor's but yeah
>>
>>33552683
Yes.
There's a limit on how many troops we (U.S.) can have in Iraq and Syria set by Obama's administration.
This limit is most likely going to be terminated by new administration.
Expect more boots on the ground within the next couple years.
>>
How long is a TS good for? I'll need to finish 2 years of school after I get out and I'm wondering if my clearance will have expired by then
>>
Who /British Army/ here?
>>
Just swore in as 19d at meps. Shipping next month. Feels good to be a moron. But I got a pretty sweet bonus at least
>>
Guys I can't decide between driving tanks (army) or just joining the air force and being an intel weenie. Any advice?
>>
File: IMG_1974.jpg (61KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1974.jpg
61KB, 240x312px
>>33546390
Crazy. I remember the payphone days.
>>
>>33554706
Do you like sucking dick?

Yes >>>> Air Force
No >>>> Tankee
>>
>>33554365
I had a clearance for my last job and when I left the company they said mine would be good for 2 years.
>>
>>33554392
Maybe. Can't decide between army or RAF
>>
>>33554274
Is accounting a good major? I know it's competitive but I still want to try
>>
>>33554841
it could be

Intelligence is one of the few fields where a history or poli sci degree are useful
>>
So... I'm trying to join the air force atm. I'm a tad bit worried about a medical condition I have though.

When I was a baby my mom, that has cold sores (herpes basically) on her lips, kissed my fore head. Causing me to get the virus above my right eyebrow from time to time.

The virus used to flare up once a year around summer time, but it hasn't for a year or two at most. Taking medication when I notice the symptoms fixes it almost by the next day. Should I risk it and not tell my recruiter? I don't want to get DQ'ed :(
>>
>>33555689
Lol
>>
>>33555689
>herpes
nah bro, your good. If herpes got you DQ'ed the navy wouldnt have ports in the pacific and the marines wouldnt exist.

im kinda in a similar boat. my mom has the herpes and recently almost went blind due to fever blisters. Ive never broken out in the shit even after years of drinking after her and eating after her(didnt realize what a cold sore was til i turned 15, bitch never bothered to warn me).

hoes will be hoes.
>>
>>33554841
>accounting
accounting is pretty fucking simple, it just takes diligence.

I couldnt stand the shit after a semester, my brain aint wired for that shit.
>>
>>33555876
Good post

>>33555880
OK. Should I say shit? God forbid I break out in the middle of boot camp and fuck mysslf big time. If I do say shit would I have to apply for a medical waiver? Thanks for the time bud, appreciate it.
>>
I don't tell my recruiter about my lazy eye that I never got glasses for do I?
>>
>>33555973
Good herpes
>>
>>33556017
Won't that shit be pretty obvious during the eye exam?
>>
>>33553320
So overall, would you say it's not worth enlisting?
>>
>>33556173
Its not too bad, I could probably bullshit my way through an eye exam
>>
>>33555973
>God forbid I break out in the middle of boot camp and fuck mysslf big time. If I do say shit would I have to apply for a medical waiver?
NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN
maybe just get sent to get some cream but thats about it.

you shouldnt need a medical waiver.
>>
>>33555973
>OK. Should I say shit? God forbid I break out in the middle of boot camp and fuck mysslf big time. If I do say shit would I have to apply for a medical waiver? Thanks for the time bud, appreciate it.
you will be fine, but if you are so worried about it just borrow a buddies phone and call a recruitment office and ask.
>>
>>33554365
Changed to 6 years due to OPM being shit bags.
>>
>>33554098
Airborne units have higher rates of feeding into sof, imo.
>>
Hey guys im going in as a Marine soon I did the ASVAB already and i still need to do my physical
What's the payroll for a marine and do you get to pick where you get stationed at or that's a matter of your MOS.
>>
>>33556703
>What's the payroll for a marine and do you get to pick where you get stationed at or that's a matter of your MOS.
all of this can be googled.
>>
>>33531310

11B is (usually) dismounted. They focus on infantry tasks like the battle drills and mopping floors.

19D is mounted. (Usually Bradleys) From my understanding they focus on reconnaissance and shit.
>>
Heading to TFIT 17-06 in a couple days.

Anyone have any last minute advice?
>>
>>33552138
Keep your fucking mouth shut at MEPS, if it was during your teenage years they WON'T know about it.
>>
Looks like we're gonna get our war boys
>>
>>33546827
Do you have any good advice on tech school for CTN?
Also, very important to me: How can I be deployed on a ship as a CTN?
>>
>>33555689

You can probably ask your recruiter. He/she will let you know if that's a big enough deal to mention to MEPS or not.

You pretty much have two options:

1. Don't tell MEPS and act like you have no idea about it and never mention it during your time of service.

2. Tell MEPS in which:
A. They will say "Oh, that's not a big deal"
B. They will have you fill out a medical waiver which will probably get approved.
>>
I am currently in my second year of college, I plan on going for Criminal Justice as I want to work in LE later in life. I was considering apply for OCS school after college, would you guys recommend it?
>>
>>33558536

There are a lot of distractions in Pensacola. Focus on your studies first.

You're not going on a ship in your first enlistment.
>>
I was about to go off to boot camp but I got arrested for assault and battery and got caught with an ounce of weed and a scale (both misdemeanors)

Will pending charges mess with my ship out date?
>>
>>33559075
yeah most likely you wont ship at all
>>
>>33559098
Am I supposed to tel my recruiter? I have my arraignment in the morning
>>
>>33559075
Jesus Christ dude. They literally told us not to be a dumbass after we swore in and follow the rules or conduct. And you go out and do some dumb shit like this?

Yeah you're probably pretty fucked.
>>
>>33559075

if youre not trolling you need to get some fucking bearing you monkey or youll be OTO 18 months in.
>>
>>33559127
no shit, retard
>>
File: 1389890890327.jpg (25KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1389890890327.jpg
25KB, 396x385px
Are we going to Syria for real now
>>
What is /k/'s experience with PTSD? Future enlistee here.
>>
Can I listen to loud rap music on base
>>
>>33559171
>>33559386
>>33559501
I have a feeling I might be able to get most of it thrown out with minimal punishments.

Have this messed up people's contracts in similar situations? I was about to go to the Army to be a medic
>>
>>33559985
they won't let you go medical with drug history
>>
>>33559985
you're way more fucked than you realize
>>
>>33529451
Have endrocrineral disorder of high uric acid (gout), and a DUI.

When is the next surge so I can get the medical waiver and get in?
>>
>>33560185
RIGHT NOW SON. WE'S GOIN' TO WAR
>>
>>33545352
I have
>how fucked am I if I go just meeting the 1.5 mile time
>how likely are eczema waivers after AF aannounced issuing the
>>
>>33560198
If war were announced, I would hit up all the various recruitment offices. Right now it seems dubious at best.
>>
>>33560151
I told them I smoked weed before

>>33560171
What's going to happen to me? Give me the best case and worst case scenario
>>
File: 1491400677753.jpg (141KB, 845x883px) Image search: [Google]
1491400677753.jpg
141KB, 845x883px
>>33560275
>>33559075
>mfw anon gets a BCD before he even ships
>>
So I went to MEPs and then straight after I got my ears pinned back at a private doctor and told him not to put it on my records

That wouldn't get found out would it?
>>
>>33558880
That's a little disheartening, but thanks for the info. How feasible would it be for a CTN to cross rate later to CTT or another rating with sea/shore rotation?
>>
How long does the OCS process take? If I walked into a recruiter's office tomorrow, assuming I get selected and all that, how soon could I ship out?
>>
got a nasty bump on the head once and they asked me if i had smoked marijuana in the hospital and i cant really remember what i said other than it was in the affirmative. how fucked am i if i try to join the marines?
>>
>>33560718
No.
As long as you don't have a record for it and you tell them you smoked less than 5 times.
If you're worried they'll find out just, say yeah you tried it once.

I'm getting a waiver for marijuana related juvenile record.
If I can get this then you with no record and smoking less than 5 times will be nothing.
I'm joining marines too.
>>
>>33560954
thanks.
what about jobs with a security clearance, they still wouldnt have access to medical records?
>>
>>33560999
don't worry about it, it won't come up.
>>
>>33560999
When i was an edgy teen i tried to use "depression" to get a medical marijuana card.
I never got my card and went on to get a job as a contractor that required a security clearance.
My "depression" never came up.
I also did the physical at MEPS and still never came up and I qualified through the physical. I also had Tricare at the time.

So I think you're good to go man.
>>
>>33561045
>>33561046
thanks guys
>>
who comes to collect you when you don't answer for the draft, is it law enforcement or MPs
>>
>>33561558
President Lyndon Johnson
>>
That's a relief
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.