[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ruger-lcp-ii-2.jpg (68KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
ruger-lcp-ii-2.jpg
68KB, 661x496px
thinking of getting a new gun, i want something small. anyone have a ruger LCP .380 2? or shot one? if so how is it?
>>
Bersa thunder 380
/thread over
>>
>>33525303
>Bersa thunder 380
Thing is fugly.
>>
>>33525290
i haven't shot it but it's a good price
>>
Thoughts on the Sig P238 instead? diff anon here. im debating this for first ccw, but not first pistol
>>
I got one as a back up/summer/campus carry piece. The trigger is better than the original, and it can be accurate if you do your part. .380 is a little more expensive than 9mm but you wont be blowing through ammo as fast
>>
dont be a pussy get a S&W Shield 45
>>
>>33526108
I have the P238 and carry it. Also have the LCP. The trigger is waaaaaaaay better on the sig than any of the LCPs. Recoil is better too. It's just a much nicer gun and the price reflects that.
>>
>>33526171
LCP or LCP II? because the trigger on the new gen is highly improved.
>>
>>33525303
No, you retard. Bersa is a fine gun, but it's a step up in size over a real pocket 380.
>>
>>33526183
I have the LCP but have shot the LCP 2. There is definitely improvement but the P238 trigger is still better (smoother and shorter).
>>
>>33525382

and they don't work worth shit

50% chance of getting a total piece of crap

fuck bersas
>>
>>33526171
what do you think about the cartridge? do you feel with its capacity, it is adequate? i want to believe so, but idk enough about 380
>>
File: IMG_20170404_010329.jpg (2MB, 2624x3562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170404_010329.jpg
2MB, 2624x3562px
I like the Gen 1 better myself, it has a smaller and more rounded profile. The Gen 2 has a better trigger but the frame is also slightly larger and square. I mean you really can't beat it for a $185 pocket pistol, can carry 7+1 you'll forget you even have it on you. Might buy two more and just carry 3 of them throughout my body as an edc
>>
>>33526773
I am a farmer/rancher. I have killed cattle, coyotes, and skunks with a .380. It is a deadly round but shot placement is important.

Many people have survived larger handgun calibers (.45 and 9mm). Handgun rounds are not the most effective calibers. But I am comfortable saying that I could kill a man with .380.

If you are worried about capacity, then you must factor in being uncomfortable while carrying a double stack full size pistol. Like I said, I work outside and manually labor. My full size pistols are terribly uncomfortable to wear.
>>
Comfy to carry.

Hard to get tight groups though because of how small it is, I'm a 6'3" blue eyed blonde haired Aryan though. If you're a manlet or looking for something for "deep" carry you found it.
>>
>>33527884
what do you think, gun + 1 mag? or two?
>>
>>33525290
I owned an original LCP (technically "gen 2" with slightly taller sights) and then the LCP Custom. They were good guns, 100% reliable in my experience, but not that fun to shoot. The LCP II seems to have fixed all of the major problems I had with mine, but still has the problem of being made by Ruger, which is not known for quality.

I had an issue with each of my LCPs. With the original LCP, the magazines took a lot of effort to seat into the magwell and I had to get a new floorplate from Ruger customer service for each new magazine I bought subsequently. With the LCP Custom, there were serious tool chatter marks inside the barrel to the point that the barrel looked like it had been pitted from shooting corrosive ammo - when new. Ruger replaced the barrel and all was fine after that. Other than those issues, the guns were fine, but it just gives me pause before buying another gun made by the company. The pretty affordable (and steadily dropping) price does make up for it to a degree, though.

Currently, my smallest gun is a Sig P938, which is not a perfect design, but mine hasn't had any issues so far whatsoever, even the guide rod and grip screws have been totally solid. I'm looking at another pocket gun and I'm thinking about either a NAA Guardian .32, or maybe the LCP II, but I'm leaning heavily toward the NAA just because it feels more quality, is slightly smaller, and plastic guns just feel like toys.
>>
I have the original lcp. It's lightweight and concealable. It did fail to cycle several times during break-in and I think it needs a firm grip to avoid that. It seems prone to "limp wristing"in other words.
>>
The mp bodyguard is on super sale right now with a rebate that s&w is doing with most their gun currently. I use it as a pocket pistol and have never had any issues.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.