[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to tell a bad gun? Like low quality, poorly taken care of,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1491205222377.gif (497KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1491205222377.gif
497KB, 245x138px
How to tell a bad gun?

Like low quality, poorly taken care of, excessive use?

First time buyer and I dont want to get ripped off
>>
>>33522913
Is it filled with holes or brown where it shouldn't be? No? You gucci.
>>
>>33522913
>Lots of rust
>Pitting
>Dark/smooth bore
>Broken things
Look up reviews about the gun/brand, things like ~$80-100 .25, .32 caliber "saturday night specials" are shitty (Jennings, Raven, etc.)
>>
>>33522913
First time buyers buy new.
>>
>>33522913
Typically your tolerances, fit, and finish are shit.
Usually you can just tell by the feel of the gun honestly.
>>
It varies a lot depending on what you're buying.
But it really boils down to
>Is the rifling in good shape?
>does the bolt seat properly and eject like it should? (if you're going to look at a gun, bring snap caps to test stuff like this and to dry fire it safely)
Also if there's rust, pitting, etc. steer clear unless you know you know for sure how to restore that shit.
>>
>>33522913
As with most things buying second hand, so long as the thing you are buying isn't questionable from the factory you'll want to analyze the seller, not the thing they are selling. Ask for box and manual. Disassemble the gun and check how dirty she is. If you are meeting someone you think might be doing a lemon switch check under not normally cleaned places (under grips in pistols is a great way to see if someone is hiding). If you see evidence of it being beat up and not taken care of, well then it probably isn't. For most semis you'll also want to check the slide and make sure to check wear on extractor/ejector. Bonus points if you check the breech face. Breech faces are somewhat hard to clean and if they look immaculate odds are the gun hasn't been shot much.
>>
>>33523011
>First time buyers buy new.

Don't buy new. It's a scam.
>>
File: 1473679026089.jpg (235KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473679026089.jpg
235KB, 600x400px
>>33522913
>>
File: 1491245882296.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1491245882296.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>33522913
I'd avoid weapons that have been messed with for starters, look for factory originals unless really cheap and priced well below market.
>>
>>33522913
>buy new
>spend more that $500

no problemo.
>>
>>33523456
Although for $135 you could have a functional 9mm pistol. Would rather have a well used Ruger for a hundred more but if that's all you could afford.
>>
>>33522913
>/k/ thinks all guns are bad
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.