[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of the FN MAG? Also General LMG thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: G__0953_FNGPMG_SV_720jpg.jpg (36KB, 1485x720px) Image search: [Google]
G__0953_FNGPMG_SV_720jpg.jpg
36KB, 1485x720px
What does /k/ think of the FN MAG?
Also General LMG thread
>>
Those fuckers run no matter what.
>>
>>33520866
They're fine as an MMG or a GPMG but they're too heavy and imbalanced to be fired well from the shoulder without support/bracing.

Using the sights is kind of odd, because they're rifle type sights: good for the first shot, but unless you're shooting over the sights and using the tracers to walk on target the rest of your burst goes all over the damn place.

It's easy to use if you know how to do the machinegun thing but if you don't and have nobody to teach you it's rough to get good.
>>
File: IMAG0308-660x373[1].jpg (28KB, 660x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0308-660x373[1].jpg
28KB, 660x373px
Muhreens should've adopted the Ultimax if they wanted a true "automatic rifle."
>>
File: GPMG_1.jpg (166KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
GPMG_1.jpg
166KB, 640x386px
Brits seem to like em.
>>
>>33520866
I miss mine
>>
It's pretty much M240.
MMG.
Got its own role.
>>
>>33520866
Seems like you'd burn yourself if you had to change position fast before the next barrel change
>>
I love it. Favorite weapons system of all time. In my army we have indirect fire kits that basically turn it into an artillery weapon. Gives me a huge erection.
>>
>>33521736
>Machine gun artillery
Did you just spray thousands of rounds and pray for a lucky hit?
>>
>>33521755
No, it had an indirect fire sight and an aiming point just like a howitzer and an observer would walk you on to target. Then you'd record the information and have preregistered firing zones. You can only use it when the gun is mounted on the tripod.
>>
my dad cut down several munts with one in the bush war. He liked it.
>>
>>33521755
Are you retarded? It was a very common feature on early machine guns and still is on tripod mounted ones.
>>
>>33520866
Better than the PKM
>>
File: falkrm.jpg (41KB, 532x442px) Image search: [Google]
falkrm.jpg
41KB, 532x442px
>>
This remembers me that the brazillian called the FAL L2A1 (fal mg) the FAP *fal is light automatic rifle in portuguese, fap is heavy auto rifle. Always made me laugh.
>>
>>33521247
>lighter and less recoil than competition
>barely changed since original
>designed by Jim Sullivan within a few months working with gooks at a shitty machine shop
Most based gun ever developed.
>>
>>33520866
>FN MAG
>(((FN)))
more like John Motherfucking Browning. shits straight up B.A.R.
>>
>>33521506
What makes you say that? You either hold it by the handle on the barrel or the folded in bipod, and neither of those gets hot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.