[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/noguns/ here, looking to buy my first hand gun. Is pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 90329.jpg (33KB, 750x513px) Image search: [Google]
90329.jpg
33KB, 750x513px
/noguns/ here, looking to buy my first hand gun. Is pic related a good choice? Mostly for range, but maybe concealed carry. If not, what else would you recommend?
>>
depends how does it feel in your hands? i have a beretta 96 and i love it, want to pick up a 92 just for range play.
>>
M9s do not conceal easily, they are rather large pistols.
>>
>>33517032
It feels okay, but I'm not sure if that's because it's not a great fit, or if I'm just not used to guns.

>>33517040
I'd be getting the compact.
>>
>>33517040
not a m9... its a 92fs compact
>>
>>33517042
>I'd be getting the compact
It's still pretty big. The 92FS is a combat-size pistol, while the Compact is more of a mid-size pistol.
If you can wear it comfortably without it printing then you're fine, but consider something smaller and thinner otherwise.
>>
>>33517042
go into the store and handle every gun your interested in, you will know which ones feel right in your hand. if your not comfortable shooting it you will never be proficient with it.
>>
>>33517042
>>33517049
even the "compact" is a big gun
its smaller then a fullsize 92 but still large enough to be considered a fullsize glock or something
for a range toy or open carry its fine but as a ccw its a no go
>>
>>33517060
That's a good ideal, I'll be sure to do that.

>>33517051
How and where would you recommend wearing it to minimize imprinting?
>>
>>33517070
I am in Texas, so open carry is an option I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
92A1 here. I love my beretta and so do many other anons. although if you plan to cc, it's a big boy gun and even with the compact model you might have a hard time concealing or you might just have to dress accordingly.
>>
>>33517074
If you're really set on carrying a larger gun like the 92 Compact, and yes it's still a "larger" gun, it depends on your wardrobe.
If you wear loose baggy stuff then you can CC it however you want, especially if you're a skeletor with baggy clothes. Wearing at the 4 o'clock or back can work decently depending on your body shape. Jackets are good cover for many methods of carry as long as they're not tight, and also open up the option for shoulder carry.

If you wear skintight crap or even just somewhat fitted clothes, you'll be hard-pressed to find a good way to carry something that size without a jacket or some kind of overshirt to cover it.
>>
File: worn-out-beretta-large.jpg (238KB, 800x412px) Image search: [Google]
worn-out-beretta-large.jpg
238KB, 800x412px
I would strongly recommend looking at the PX4 Compact if you want an "M9" for carry along with having something you can enjoy shooting and learn to shoot with
>same exact manual of arms as an M9
>shoots as soft as a fullsize
>actually holds 15+1 instead of the 92 Compact's 13+1
>not as heavy as a 92 Compact which is pretty much the same weight as a regular 92
>grip is more user friendly for smaller hand sizes

If you want something to purely learn on and want as much shootability, full stop a fullsize M9 with a G conversion. DA/SA is a fantastic trigger system and the M9/PX4 are one of the best guns that use that trigger system.

fwiw, I carry a PX4 Compact Carry and it's roughly 34oz loaded with 15+1 and a 92 Compact is ~31oz unloaded. Ernest Langdon who primarily shoots 92's used to carry the 92 Compact but then 'figured out' the PX4 existed and had all he wanted in a lighter and more compact gun that was similar to an M9.

http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/08/17/ernest-langdon-and-the-beretta-px4/

LuckyGunner's Youtube page also has loads of good info on the M9
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 512x287px
Walther PPQ M2, thank me later
>>
>>33517105
I'm not exactly set on the 92, so I'll look into the PX4 compact like >>33517107 said.
>>
wanna point out we are not saying the compact is a bad gun. if its what you want get one. just that its a large gun and unsuitable for a ccw unless you really want to work at it.
>>
>>33517040
Okay manlet, at 5'10" at 145lbs I'm able to conceal carry one on me no issues.
>appendix or small of back no issue
>mostly shoulder rig with sports coat

30/32 pant size with large shirts (I'm very broad shouldered)

I have the m9 model, and will usually carry my 1911 as an alternative.
>>
>>33517133
This
>>
>>33517133
Oh yeah, I got that. I've never really heard anything bad about it, which is why I'm interested. I just wanted to know if it was a good starter and if I could cc it.
>>
File: PX4 8.jpg (51KB, 719x600px) Image search: [Google]
PX4 8.jpg
51KB, 719x600px
>>33517128
Absolutely look into it. Whittaker Guns has the base model PX4 Compact for $350 after using a $75 rebate Beretta has going on for all PX4 pistols until April 31st.

Not trying to shove the PX4 Compact down your throat and shill it hardcore but here's some other resources on the PX4 Compact by Ernest Langdon. I really think the PX4 will be what you want if you were considering a 92 Compact initially.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16519-The-PX4-Compact-might-be-my-DA-SA-Glock-19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAaC5o-9mpw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPQdUcPNiF4&t

There is also the Glock 19. I do own one and used to carry it but I greatly prefer DA/SA and went with the PX4 Compact instead.
>>
>>33517011
Lots of indoor ranges rent handguns.
Try a few out. See what fits your fancy.
>>
>>33517158
technically you can cc anything if you dress accordingly or have the right body type (i.e a 200 pound guy is going to hide a large pistol better then a twig weighting 110 lbs soaking wet)
>>
>>33517011
Handle it before you buy it, get a feel for it.

>>33517040
Found the manlet.

>>33517051
>It's still pretty big
Peter Dinklage pls
>>
>>33517011
whatever feels good in hand is a good choice.
>>33517111
walther is incredibly underated on /k/ as far as striker fired pistols go, i'd recommend one as its in the same price range as Beretta.

another good option i'd suggest is an FNX, its lighter and more concealable also da/sa.
>>
>>33517070
>but as a ccw its a no go
That's not entirely true, though.
I own a 92FS compact and CC almost every day, with some exceptions in the summer while I'm wearing light clothing.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.