[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colt HBar Match/ M16A1??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: colt and winchester 3030.jpg (579KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
colt and winchester 3030.jpg
579KB, 2048x1536px
So, i have this AR right?

Im wanting to get a shorter upper, throw some sexy furniture on it and perhaps a scope of some type.

What are your suggestions and/or dos and donts of changing the upper on this fucker

Im obviously not much of a gun person, but i still love to shoot when i can, which is usually when a client needs me to destroy a hard drive in a computer.

pic related is the AR in question.
>>
>>33516389
That's an A2 you fucking idiot

sell it to someone who will appreciate it and buy a DPMS Sport you ungrateful mall ninja
>>
>>33516462
/Thread
>>
>>33516462
meant to type a2 you nigger

i dont have assloads of sheks to spend, pls gib help anon
>>
>>33516477
If you want to change that rifle in literally any way short of putting a Cobray 37mm launcher and heat shield on it, you deserve death and no help. Try reddit.
>>
>>33516486
Dude it's not a sks, it's not a mosin it's not rare milsurp. It's a fucking AR. It's fucking legos, uppers are meant to be swapped out.

P.S neck yourself sperg lord
>>
>>33516803
>mosin
>rare
Now you're trolling.
>>
File: springfield-armory-saint-5.jpg (21KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
springfield-armory-saint-5.jpg
21KB, 661x496px
>>33516389
Honestly, if you're gonna throw a short upper on it, you'd probably want it fitted for a collapsible carbine stock, which is a little bit more involved than just taking the fixed stock off. You're basically looking to do more work on a 20" rifle with a fixed stock than what I think you're really willing to do.

My advice to you is to just sell that old Colt Sporter (you could probably make like $1000 at the least, probably more), to someone who'll really appreciate an old A2 rifle like that, and then buy yourself a real nice brand new AR15 that has the features you want out of the box, I suggest the Springfield Saint (pic related), it's at around $800 or so and quite nice, it's set up and ready for the features you're looking for.
>>
>>33516841
And your still retarded
>>
>>33516894
>your
The ironing.
>>
>>33516462
>being this much of a fucking sperg
He can always change the fucking furniture back you mongoloid luddite.
>>
>>33516389
short barrels are over-rated, more performance w/ the same ammo with the longer barrel.
>>
>>33516389
All the autists in this thread aside, for the price of new furniture and a new upper you're getting dangerously close to the prices of a new rifle.

Either sell the rifle (don't fucking do this) or fork out the shekels for a new gun.
>>
>>33516389
sell it and buy what you actually want.
don't ruin a nice A2
>>
File: Colt M16A2.jpg (76KB, 900x236px) Image search: [Google]
Colt M16A2.jpg
76KB, 900x236px
>>33517006
I don't really see why he couldn't sell the rifle, he wants an AR that's not what this one is, and it's actually pretty valuable so he can sell it and buy the kind of rifle he actually wants.

Someone who pays the money that an old HBar Match goes for is without question going to be someone who appreciates it for what it is. He'll either leave it as it is, or do the minor changes to make it fully A2 style, either which I think both of us will agree with.
>>
>>33516486
this
>>
>>33516486
This.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.