[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muh Home Defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: lil debbie 3.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lil debbie 3.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
Is this a meme? I feel like this doesn't happen much and you are much more likely to encounter trouble when out and about.

Also I feel you're more likely to be burglarized and have someone take your nightstand pistol and kill you with it when you get home from work than actually habing to use it. Not saying you don't need some sort of defensive gun in your home but a big knife or machete would work IMO, it also totally depends on where you live desu

>inb4 "lock ur guns up before you leave"
That takes a lot of time to do EVERY TIME you leave your house and come home

I'm a heavy sleeper so im probably fucked anyways, still armed to the teeth though.
>>
>>33516276
is that a man?
>>
>>33516294
I guess it can be a man if you really want it to.
>>
>>33516276
Hear that guys

guess we should disarm cops now too

and that we need to leave our doors open because hey what the heck

also fuck training or knowing what your doing, we shouldnt have cars either or extinguishers-- afterall well poke our eyes out

oh you live in a shit area? sorry i cant understand that people sometimes dont live in the sheltered exact circumstances as I do
>>
>>33516294
That is rapper Lil Debbie, as the file name states. The recession hit her hard so she went from selling snack cakes to selling her cake.
>>
File: lil debbie.jpg (573KB, 1130x1535px) Image search: [Google]
lil debbie.jpg
573KB, 1130x1535px
>>33516294
She's so hot dude, I get sad every day that I can't have sex with her (every day)
>>
>>33516307
I don't live in a shit area which is what i stated in the OP. I never said anything that your straw man is implying also imo you are more likely to have to use extinguishers than a firearm for home defense.

As I stated it depends where you live
>>
>>33516307

Geez, don't get so defensive.
>>
>>33516276
It's part of why I have dogs
They may not do everything but they'll slow someone down enough that I can grab my gun.
Alternatively they'll keep them back from getting to my gun.
>>
>>33516276
>Also I feel you're more likely to be burglarized and have someone take your nightstand pistol and kill you with it when you get home from work than actually habing to use it.
Feelings are not tools of cognition. Come back when you have data.
>>
I have two relatives that have shot dindus in self defense, it's not that uncommon.
>>
>>33516399
Uhh... I would have to disagree with that statement. Do your relatives live in the hood or something?
>>
>>33516413
I disagree with your disagreement. I bagged three nogs last season, would have been four if the warden didn't pull that whole "no live trapping" and "punji sticks made out of broken 40s aren't allowed" bullshit.

Do you not do your civic duty of culling the invasive pest species where you live?
>>
Home defense for me mostly means shooting bears, coons and trash pandas that are digging in my trash.
>>
>>33516276
>i feel like
>I feel
Arguing with facts is hard.
>>
>>33516448
What about the fact that it's a waste of time and money to put a gun in every room of your house on the 0.01% chance that someone invades your home while you're there and the fact that you're much more likely to be burglarized and have all your guns taken when you're not home?
>>
>>33516513
>the fact that it's a waste of time and money to put a gun in every room of your house
>the fact
Poor start out of the gate, whether or not it'd be a "waste" would be subjective to whomever is doing it
>0.01% chance that someone invades your home while you're there
Cite your source for that statistic. Your ass is not a valid source
>you're much more likely to be burglarized and have all your guns taken when you're not home
Again, cite your source supporting this claim. Your local ass office is closed, you will have to go elsewhere.

Not even the anon you responded to, but your argument isn't an argument. You just rephrased your muh feelings statement from earlier and threw in unsubstantiated stats to appear like you have facts to support your claim. You still don't.
>>
>>33516550
I'm not going to waste time looking for general knowledge statistics on the internet, if you've passed the 8th grade you should already know.

Feel free to try and prove me wrong though which i know you won't. Go to bed.
>>
>>33516294
Man (female).
>>
Anyhow, look - a gun is not a complete guarantee of doing well in a home defense situation, just like a seatbelt is not a complete guarantee of surviving a car crash or a smoke detector a complete guarantee of getting out of a house fire. Nothing in this world has a complete guarantee attached to it. It's all about what gives you the best chances. Having a seatbelt on gives you a better chance of surviving a car crash than not having one on does. Having a gun gives you a better chance in a home invasion then not having one does. You play the odds and hope for the best - it's all you can really do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sw9Fh6uk4Q
>>
>>33516564
>general knowledge statistics
>statistical chance of being robbed while home vs being burgled while away is general knowledge.
>Cannot cite a single source to substantiate claims yet wants counter citations to disprove unsubstantiated claims
>Immediately resorts to ad hominem
>Does not understand burden of proof
>Claims to have education higher than 8th grade

Gotta say, m8, I'm doubtful you have an argument. You can try muh feelings again though :^)
>>
>>33516318
>White woman that dresses like a negroid.
>White woman has tatoos.
If degeneracy is your thing, than sure, go for it.
>>
>>33516594
Seriously, it's like the guy has never even *heard* of Hitchens's Razor.
>>
File: 1299661258159.jpg (74KB, 413x600px) Image search: [Google]
1299661258159.jpg
74KB, 413x600px
>>33516607
lil debbie is a name brand! clearly no degeneracy
>>33516276
in the hood which i reside, i do imagine i'd hear a commotion before they got into effective range to kill me. and if I'm awake i can look at my neighbors live security cameras down the street and practically shoot them around corners.
>>
Think of it as car insurance. You're not likely to get in an accident if you're responsible, but you can't account for the surrounding elements, so you're better off having one in case it does happen, than not having one. Home defense, just like car insurance, is more likely to be used in some cities/areas than others, but it doesn't hurt to have it regardless of where you live/drive.

Also, I'm not sure how car insurances work in the states, but I assume they're not state mandatory for this annalogy.
>>
>>33516613
>Hitchens's Razor
...Is rubbish.

How tedious would life be if every claim, from the most reasonable to the most outlandish, was constantly followed up with a flurry of Russian roosters demanding 'proofs!'

Especially when the other person is not taking the conversation nearly as seriously, because not everything on 4chan should be seen as an intense intellectual debate, the likes of which will go down in various annals of his-, cis-, trans-, and herstory.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a nap scheduled.
>>
>>33516750
>How tedious would life be if every claim, from the most reasonable to the most outlandish, was constantly followed up with a flurry of Russian roosters demanding 'proofs!'
The path to determining truth is tedious and involves a lot of proof. Ever read a scholarly journal - in any field? They're dry and boring and tedious, and if they aren't, you should be very suspicious of them. Pop sci magazines are good for exciting the IFLS crowd, but doing real science is tedious and hard.
>>
>>33516775
>Ever read a scholarly journal
Holding 4chan to similar standards as one would be... inane.
>>
>>33516775
Either way you're a retard for thinking you're more likely to gun down a squad of home invaders than have your house burglarized and your guns stolen tho

>inb4 "muh proofs"

You already know that I am right
>>
>>33516607

That's a jew
>>
File: lil debbie 6.jpg (82KB, 980x649px) Image search: [Google]
lil debbie 6.jpg
82KB, 980x649px
>>33516804
She's Italian actually
>>
>>33516802
>Either way you're a retard for thinking you're more likely to gun down a squad of home invaders than have your house burglarized and your guns stolen tho
I always laugh at the people on this board - and there are a lot of them - who think that a home invasion would look like that scene from Patriot Games where a bunch of IRA operators with automatic weapons, body armor, and night vision goggles will be sweeping rooms in teams. Real home invasions are more likely to involve some 15 year old dindu with an IQ of 70 who, if he's armed at all, will have some shitty Lorcin or Jennings that he's never actually used. You won't exactly have to be secret agent Jack Ryan to deal with that problem.
>>
>>33516835

God damn, you are right. Could have fooled me.
>>
>>33516835
She's cute, but can she make chicken parm?
>>
>>33516429
Is it coon or trash panda with 4 legs
>>
>>33516276
Buy a gun safe for long term storage when on vacation, make sure said safe is bolted down and also covered with a sheet or something and if it's in view of a window close the shades when opening your gun safe.

Have your "ready" gun be in speed vault like safe mounted under a desk or on the side of your night stand/drawer and perhaps have a hidden long arm in one of those hide in plain sight wall safes that look like a painting/mirror or shelf.

Have an alarm system, have at least the outside perimeter of your house covered by camera surveillance, reinforce your doors with anti kick brackets and have individual locks for each door

Nothing can stop a burglar from clearing your house when you are away. All a human being can do is secure your stuff tight as possible so that it takes them more time and labor to rip out your safe or toss your stuff and hopefully it causes noise or dust to rouse suspicion.

Having trust worthy neighbors and having a neighborhood watch also helps. I live in an Asian community where all the whites took off and the blacks followed.

If you ain't got slanted eyes, you don't belong in my neighborhood and you will be noticed.
>>
File: 1490223141890.jpg (70KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
1490223141890.jpg
70KB, 492x388px
>>33516276
It's like a fire alarm. You're probably not gonna need it but it happens so it's best to be prepared for it. Same with savings and insurance.

>That takes a lot of time to do EVERY TIME you leave your house and come home

It takes me a less than a minute with key and code.

>I'm a heavy sleeper

Ditto, but I 'm paranoid as fuck so I rig the entire house with electronic alarms, improvised alarm (tip overstuff), and can tripwires.

Also keep at least two-four weapons by me (live in a cucked state so most of it are non-firearm weapons), as well as a homemade set of body armor (motorcycle gear, steel plates, and ceramic kitchen plates.)

Might get a Rottweiler or ACD. Not a pitbull, given how those things will snap on you if you're a shit owner (and to be frank I don't want to be that guy).
>>
File: t3_50tsr1.gif (351KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
t3_50tsr1.gif
351KB, 480x360px
>>33516318
yeah but her rapping is so terrible i dont even want to dignify it by calling it 'rap'
>>
>>33516276
It is largely a meme. Honestly I feel a mid/full size pistol is what you'll go for 90% of the time for maneuvering, recoil, and muzzle blast/flash.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.