[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How practical would this be /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ZHA3fM9.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
ZHA3fM9.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
My neighbor just had someone break into their house a few days ago so I'm looking into something to defend myself/my family with. I already have an ar-15 for coyote hunting but I'm really worried about overpenetration as my neighbors are so close. My thought was to get a 9mm handgun but I'm only 17 and I live in Illinois. If my brother got a foid card and bought a pistol, would it be legal for us to keep it on my nightstand and would I be in any legal trouble if I shot someone with it?
>>
Forgot, pic somewhat related, its my ar before I got an optic
>>
You're not going to over penetrate into another house with .223. Anyone who says otherwise should be taken as a cock polisher until they cite an instance of it happening.

AR will kill intruders dead (just ask Oklahoma /k/ommando who downed 3 nogs using only his carry handle just recently), just keep shooting until they stop moving.
>>
>>33516179
This. An ar will still go through whatever it hits, but a faster, lighter bullet tends to dump it's energy faster than a slower, heavier one. 9mm will probably penetrate more walls than .223.
>>
Huh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks guys
>>
Get an alarm system and some stronger window flyscreens. That will deter most people. A camera on your property helps too.
>>
>>33516179
>Oklahoma /k/ommamdo
Was he from here?
>>
>>33516332
Not that I know of, but anyone able to btfo every /arg/ gucci tripfag with a single match 3-0 K/D deserves the honorary title.
>>
File: varmint tip.jpg (100KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
varmint tip.jpg
100KB, 1155x1155px
is this shit the answer to AR over-penetration?
>>
>>33516211
>will probably
Just will
fbi proved that the lighter weight of 5.56 means after passing through a normal wall it has less energy and is less lethal than handgun rounds. Pistol caliber carbine fags btfo.
>>
>>33516150
>keymod
>crooked handguard

why would you even post this?
>>
>>33516273
http://how-i-did-it.org/drywall/results.html

Vmax is the least likely to hurt anyone behind a wall since it's already fragmented by then, and honestly it can blow pretty big holes in flesh. More than enough to stop anything but the most motivated of threats.
>>
>>33516374
Yes. See
>>33516466
>>
>>33516466
>>33516515
good, because it's what my "just in case" AR is always loaded with anyway
>>
>>33516150
Should work just fine.

I suggest a mock scenario where you have to protect your family and "clear" your house or attempt to identify your threat.

See if the rifle is too long to turn corners effectively. Do you overpenetrate with the rifle before you see what's around the corner?

I've been through my house hundreds or times with my shotgun, rifle and pistol looking for advantages. Seeing how the angles are and practicing turning corners. Each has it's pros and cons.

Just see if it's effective in your environment; know before hand if there are any glitches. You might find it to be a good idea to invest in a handgun. Small, compact, and easy to maneuver.

Mobility is survivability.
>>
>>33516150
underage
>>
>>33516387
Literally whats wrong with keymod
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.