[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inexpensive but not cheap red dot sights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: bushnell_trs25_main.jpg (218KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
bushnell_trs25_main.jpg
218KB, 1500x1125px
I want to put a red dot sight on my 10/22 but don't want to spend 500$ on an Aimpoint. Are Bushnell's or Primary Arms any good? Any others? Water proof to some degree and fog proof are what I need because of where I live.
>>
I've heard holosun is good.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/FieldSport-Micro-Sight-Precision-Green/dp/B00Y3SZEJC

I put this guy on my AR and it works bretty gud
>>
File: DSC02708 - Copy.png (4MB, 2100x1181px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02708 - Copy.png
4MB, 2100x1181px
I'm happy with my Lucid HD7. Not super expensive, and it's clear and accurate.

Battery life is like 50,000 hours, and it's easy to swap out. The auto brightness doesn't work great if the target is better lit than your shooting area. The manual brightness only has like 4 settings, so it can either be too dim, or so bright that it's blurry.

Other than that, it fills its role nicely.
>>
>>33515772
Can confirm. I have that exact one and it's as good as some $100+ red dots.
>>
>>33515706
Holosun, I've had one sitting on my semi-auto shotgun, it's still alive, and zero is holding with slugs.

That's impressive, because that shotgun has killed a couple cheap optic and it even made a small scope slip in the mount, even if it was secured with 12 screws with loctite torqued to spec. Either way it just seems to be rough on shit but the Holosun and the mount that came with it are fine.
>>
Full stop, PA Advanced Micro.

It's the absolute lowest you can go for a red dot that will not shit the bed or lose zero if you look at it wrong.
>>
>>33515706
The Bushnell TRS-25 is a very decent red dot for the money. I have one on my Benelli shotgun and it holds zero fine.
>>
>>33515706
Holosun is your best bet.
>>
TRS-25 is ok. It's not as bright as I'd like so I returned the one I got and probably pick up a Vortex Sparc II.
>>
File: 51jV9NLL8qL._SX355_.jpg (9KB, 355x237px) Image search: [Google]
51jV9NLL8qL._SX355_.jpg
9KB, 355x237px
Im thinking about getting the Monstrom S330P 3x Prisim scope. on paper it does everything i want, and for the price its hard to go wrong. any /k/nuts here have experience with it?

Ive seen a couple decent reveiws on it but not much.

link for reference: https://www.amazon.com/Monstrum-Tactical-S330P-Ultra-Compact-Prism/dp/B01C9KYUC2
>>
File: 02B.jpg (92KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
02B.jpg
92KB, 1000x667px
>>33515706
Only choice. Bdc for a red dot, and 50,000 life. Turns on with motion.
>>
I love my Bushnell TRS25, i heard they were better when they first came out. Mine is one of the later "shittier" version that has the upper left somewhat obscured. But it has never been a problem because i keep the red dot in the middles so it's a non issue for me. I got it for like $60 off jet.com and got a $8 UTG riser off ebay. It holds zero and i have been using it for years.
>>
I picked up a Sightmark Wolverine CSR not too long ago and finally got to use it at the range today. I'm very happy with it.
>>
>>33516586
Monstrum is rebranded chinkshit not even the good kind of chink shit.fo more research and find something better.
>>
>>33516586
I know a guy that has one on his AR. I can't stand it. Get the 1-6 or 1-4 power scopes they offer, or get a comparable Nikon or Vortex in teh same general pricerange.
>>
>>33516907
>nikon or vortex
>in the same price range

pick one...

im not trying to pay half the value of my rifle for a 15oz peice of plastic/metal and glass
anything $75- $120 seems reasonable givin marketing, production and distro costs. but $300+ just to get the most basic model... nty
>>
>>33517035
It's like you don't even do any shopping around. Vortex gen 2 red dots are 180-200 and you can find sales that take off like 10% at various stores all the time (like at brownells or midway). Last gen one can even be found for 100ish occasionally.

Or hell, find someone with 3point5 access and suck their cock so they'll use their discount for you, since everything vortex is 60% off there.

Or in vortex case, just buy used one if you can find one cheap. It's no question transfer able life warranty anyway.

If you want cheap and new, then just get the fucking trs-25 that is known to be good instead of some random chinkshit.
>>
File: 35227.jpg (213KB, 729x601px) Image search: [Google]
35227.jpg
213KB, 729x601px
>>33515706
I've got a Bushnell TRS-25 on my 300 BLK AR. It's okay. The dot is an oblong smear, but it's held zero for over a year of bimonthly range trips.

Upgrading is on my list, but I keep spending the gunfunds on slav surplus.
>>
>>33517035
>im not trying to pay half the value of my rifle for a 15oz peice of plastic/metal and glass
You're an idiot. That glass determines the accuracy and reliability of your rifle.
That being said, I too value frugality.
Holosun, vortex and primary arms all use the same Chinese manufacturer, but if you go cheaper than these, you will be sorry. At least with vortex the fit and finish is nice, and they have a no questions asked replacement warranty. Holosun is the same quality at a lower price point.
I know Aimpoint and trijicon are expensive, but at least spend $150 on a red dot, or you will regret it.
>>
File: IMG_1242.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1242.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Go with the PA micro dot...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.