[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: vegetable oil.jpg (12KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
vegetable oil.jpg
12KB, 184x274px
So when I was 13 my dad told me that vegetable oil is a good substitute for any oil. Car oil, oil for your door hinges, he even oiled my daisy model 25 with it and it worked.
about a year ago, my Lee Enfield wasn't working very well, it was hard to bolt and my buddy told me I should oil it. I bathed the whole thing in vegetable oil for a few minutes, and then wiped it off and wrapped it in news papers. I put it in my attic and somehow forgot about it for a whole fucking year. I think it's because the next day I got a Smith and Wesson m1911 and had lots of fun with it for at least a month,
Anyway I just remembered my Enfields existence yesterday, and dug it out of my attic.
It was totally fucked. The wood was spongey all over the gun, and when I tried to bolt it, it would barely move and there was a thick dark yellow crust all over the parts.
Is it fucked? What do I do?
pic related, it's the oil I used.
>>
File: Enfield Scoped.jpg (61KB, 698x298px) Image search: [Google]
Enfield Scoped.jpg
61KB, 698x298px
>>33514653
F
>>
You and your idiot dad both need to be put in ovens
>>
Jesus Christ, I hate this fucking website.
>>
>>33514653
Peel off the wood, buy a new stock, and put it on. Congrats on the short term memory loss.
>>
you're late, April first was yesterday
>>
File: 2257_original.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2257_original.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>33514653
i know this is a troll thread, but fuck it ill bite.

get an oil displacent like alcohol or non-acetone nail polish remover, or maybe even use WD40 and scrub that shit out of the gun.

vegtable oil is biodegradable you fuckin mook, you basically covered the gun in decaying oil.

your dad should never touch anything metalic ever again.
>>
>>33514653
I hope to god this is fake,

scrub the thing down with gun scrubber. Let's hope the stock isn't completely fucked (wrap it in plastic bags and put it in a hot car like you're trying to get cosmoline out)

Once you're done with that sell it, and to a good owner. Milsurps like that deserve better than you anon.
>>
>>33514653
but did it rust?
>>
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>33514653
Vegetable oil may be good enough for a lot of things, but it isn't optimized. It'll let your rifle function fine when its fresh. Use something else for longer-term storage. Coconut oil seems like a decent choice if you're averse to cosmoline, Ballistol, or some other synthetic.
>>
>>33514653
Milsurps should be regulated so idiots don't get them.
>>
>>33514727
>It'll let your rifle function fine when its fresh.

Have you ever seen burned vegetable oil in the bottom of a frying pan? The chamber of a rifle will burn veggie oil just like that when you shoot.
>>
>>33515383
I hate to say it, but I'm happy they're not cheap anymore so they don't end up in the hands of idiots and bubbas.
>>
>>33515510
>But anon, muh bullets smell like french fries!
>>
File: map.png (1MB, 3411x2612px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
1MB, 3411x2612px
>>33514653
when you test it to make sure it still functions put the muzzle in your mouth and suck to get all of the grease out of the barrel. Make sure there is a round in the chamber to insure suction
>>
>>33514668
What type of oil should you cook them with
>>
>>33514653
If you're going to use food oil you need to get something with a higher smoke point.

Canola/Peanut/Coconut

And yeah, generally don't leave things packed in cheap oil for a year unattended in a humid attic.
>>
File: 1485461123544.jpg (75KB, 790x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485461123544.jpg
75KB, 790x768px
You tried to make a thread on /o/ where you claimed to have put vegetable oil in the engine's crack case.

You even used the same picture.
>>
File: 1366097487080.png (650KB, 587x600px) Image search: [Google]
1366097487080.png
650KB, 587x600px
>>33515510

>he doesn't like French fried bullets
>>
>>33514723
>Pics or it didn't happen
This. Though I'm p sure OP is just a colossal fucking lying faggot
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.