[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug out stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: 14911881953581875864483.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
14911881953581875864483.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
Post bug out bags and assorted neat bug out gear.

Pic related, 24 hour kit.
9" by 8" waterproof case Contains:
50 feet parachord
Tarp
2400 calorie mayday bar
Flashlight
Firestarting kit
Insect repellent
Commando-wire saw
Leatherman multi-tool
Water filter straw.
>>
Your tarp is too small replace it with one from Home Depot at your earliest opportunity.

Make sure to grab one with eyelets
>>
>>33514541
I should explain a bit better, this is going to be cached along the route to my bugout location and is meant to resupply or supplement a full bug-out bag that I already have. I'll post pics in a sec.
>>
>>33514512
whats the big orange x thing for?
>>
>>33514512
Also, if you live in a bad mosquito area invest in mosquito netting. It's marginal weight and collapses to a very small size.
>>
>>33514560
Looks like a package stabilizer.

The box is light weight plastic and the orange think bolsters the strength of the sides.

Could also be used as a signaling device
>>
>>33514615
This, its just an elastic bit that keeps the loose shit from rattling around.
>>
>>33514656
Oh fair enough.

Seriously tho a 5 by 7 tarp is too small for comfy shelter user. It's worth upgrading.
>>
File: 14911889865431405157513.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
14911889865431405157513.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
Bug out bag contents:
1 set USMC forest green marpat
1 wool sweatshirt
2 2400 calorie mayday bars
3 two serving mountainhouse meals
Assorted MRE condiments packs and utensils
Assorted MRE drink mix pouches
3 1 liter water bladders
1 k-bar
1 hatchet
1 smaller knife
1 pocket-chainsaw
1 plash palatka russian canvas tarp/poncho (soon to be duck wax-sealed)
60 round 7.62×39
24 .45 ACP
USMC issue poncho liner (woobie)
1 fleece sleeping bag
1 collapsible mess kit.

Medical trauma kit includes:
2 SOF-T tourniquets
3 chest wound seals
4 H-bandages
3 rolls gauze
Disinfectant
5 packs quick-clot gauze
1 tension pnuemo-thorax needle decompressor
Assorted small stuff like bandaids

1 interceptor ballistic vest.
>>
>>33514678
See
>>33514747

I got a good heavy duty tarp.

Thats just a back-up tarp thats gonna be cached at the halfway point of my bug out route.
>>
>>33514747
Not seeing a replacement shelter here
>>
>>33514830
The replacement shelter is the 5×7 one in the 24 hour box im gonna cache.
>>
>>33514656
i see, i figured it was used for something
>>
>>33514763
Disregard.

You could always use the 5x7 as a front cover for your other tarp. A small area to set up a stool or stump to sit on

Good kit overall.

I do recommend a few rolls of toilet paper. You'll thank me later
>>
>>33514854
Theres actually some stuff I forgot to mention like that.

I got a water filter, purification tabs, and toilet paper in the trauma kit.

I got several trihexamine tablets, a few lighters, and a ferro-rod for fire starting inside the messkit.

Theres 50 feet of parachord and a flask of jim beam devils cut in there as well.

All told it weighs 55 pounds.

I weigh 185 and am fairly fit. I was a US marine grunt, got 2 combat pumps under my belt so I know very well from personal expierience that optimum weight for max load withput sacrificing mobility is 1/3rd bodyweight, -10% off that if you are going to be fighting.

I need to get a few mag pouches for the vest, my carry pieces will be an AK-47 and a springfield 1911.

(Inb4 muh mag cap) I suck with a pistol anyways, its more for using on myself after downing the flask of whiskey if shit gets really really bad.

Ideally my "exit strategy" would be a grenade in a pouch on my chest with the pin acessible like I had in afghan but I dont think Im gonna be able to get a hold of a frag any time soon.
>>
File: GHB.png (85KB, 384x528px) Image search: [Google]
GHB.png
85KB, 384x528px
Pic related, listed content of my Get Home Bag.

Somethings I might still add:
>trihex tablets, maybe an Esbit stove
>Ferro-rod, some tinder
>Compass and larger area maps
>Small bladed flathead screwdrivers for breaking bike locks
>Leatherman multitool

I opted against carrying food since I live in a small country in Western Europe. Unless you have to go to the other side of the county, most can be done by bike in a day around here. I do have food in my BOB however. There is no wilderness that you need to survive in since it's highly urbanized around here.

I'm not bothered to try and set up a damp, uncomfortable shelter for a night in a forest without at least a tarp, so if I needed shelter for the night on my way home, I'm planning on B&E'ing an office building or other low-interest, supplies-lacking buildings.

Rate/hate pls
>>
File: IMG_20170403_102957_526.jpg (175KB, 720x990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170403_102957_526.jpg
175KB, 720x990px
Seeing as we are doing one I might as well post mine.

Rate, hate, masturbate.
>>
File: IMG_20170403_103016_848.jpg (127KB, 720x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170403_103016_848.jpg
127KB, 720x754px
>>33518804
As I have said before I'll provide background.

This kit is a two person kit (wife and I).

It is designed as a kit that will allow me to bug out before circling back and returning and retaking my home, my intention is to bug in.
>>
I have no pics but my bug out bag consists of spare clothes depending on the season, a sharp knife, a box of 300 22lr, some random mre's, and a gallon of freshwater. This is only for a week GTFO and go type shit.
>>
File: IMG_20170403_103033_524.jpg (149KB, 720x784px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170403_103033_524.jpg
149KB, 720x784px
>>33518823
Of course that was my PCLE, this is my PCE kit list.
>>
>>33514854
>I do recommend a few rolls of toilet paper. You'll thank me later

I'd personally recommend baby wipes over TP. as long as you don't open them and they stay in a cool place, they'll stay moist for years and are a much better option as far as sanitation goes when you may not be able to thoroughly wash for days or weeks at a time. Having a clean ass is important.
>>
>>33518868
And even when they do dry out you can still wipe with them.
>>
>>33514512
Where would be a good place to start for making something like this? A "bug out bag" of sorts I'm only lukewarm on, but something like in the OP for a truck bag would be something I could try my hand at.

paracord
a tarp large enough to cover the bed
something to hold the center of the tarp up (could double as something else)
a space blanket
a couple day bars
water tablets
first aid
a bulk ammo box and box of defense ammo for my carry piece
a couple forms of fire starters

I don't have a TON of real estate in my truck as I work out of it and it's only an access cab, but something about the size of the OP would work pretty well.
>>
>>33514747
You should get a nasopharyngeal airway for the trauma kit. Are you trained to use the decompression needle? Those can fuck someone up if they hit the heart.
>>
>>33520442
You could always sleep I'm the cab.
>>
>>33520789
Im trained to use them, and more than that (tracheotomy, and crikeotomy, blood volumizers, ketamine/morphine administration, blood transfusion etc etc)

I got to go to live tissue TCCC certification so I got pretty pretty good at tactical casualty care (may have also "trained" on the odd wounded haji here and there) and got stuff for performing such acts at my bug out location (minus the narcotics of course).

I got a few NPAs laying around, thanks for catching that for me, i'll throw one in ny pack.
>>
>>33521022
While it would be physically possible, depending on the outside temp, the bed would be much more comfortable. I'm 6'2" and trying to sleep in a car seat is a nightmare.
>>
>>33520442
SOS or mayday bars cost like $4 to $8 a piece, you can stack up a few days worth of food that never goes bad for next to nothin.

But thats a pretty bland bare-bones diet, mountain house isnt terribly expensive either. They dont weigh nothin and are pretty tasty. I reccomend tossing atleast a couple in there too so you dont gotta spend 3 or 4 days eating bland dry SOS rations.

Also just a tip for first aid (speaking from combat patrol expierience and having treated real gunshot/shrapnel/blast damage casualties)

A few bandaids and small gauze pads are all fine and well but your average first aid kit isnt really capable of treating anything you couldnt just shrug off anyways.

I reccomend getting a few heavy duty H-bandages, quick-clot combat gauze, some chest seals, and a couple tourniquets too.

If all it needs is a bandaid you can ignore it, but if its REALLY bleeding or crippling your average first aid kit isnt gonna do shit.
>>
>>33514747
What is the cat used for?
Where is the food for the cat?
>>
>>33517458
Seems good, I'd probably take some high calorie snack bar just in case though.
>>
File: 20170402_214205.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170402_214205.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
>>33521131
You mean my chinese field ration?

If shit hits the fan and I gotta bail shes on her own.
>>
>>33520789
See I've thought about this, and while yes sometimes having high level equipment is useful I will note to people on this website, if you are having to perform a cric or a decompression needle it's likely that you are working within the Golden hour and therefore they are pretty fucked up.

While yes they are useful tools, unless you can get that patient to advanced medical care very quickly you are effectively just wasting your equipment on someone that's likely still going to die.
>>
File: waits.jpg (668KB, 1600x1083px) Image search: [Google]
waits.jpg
668KB, 1600x1083px
>>33521128
That's certainly a good point. I was using "first aid" as an umbrella term, but really didn't know what else I should be including.

What are some safe water storage options for a car? I don't need bpa or some shit leaking into my water. I want something I can put in the truck and look at it a couple times a year to see if anything has expired, not cycle out my water every couple weeks for safety. I wouldn't be against getting some hard sided case and filling it with a bladder, but would that be worth it? I live in SE MO so it gets hot in the summer.
>>
>>33521254
Agreed, I threw in an decompression needle just cuz it doesnt weigh nothin and im trained to use (and have used) them.

Actually, a lot of wounds requiring chest decompression are pretty survivable.

If an airway is blocked bad enough to need a crike or trake in a bug out situation theyre done for, but I got a neighbor near my bug out location who is a retired trauma surgeon so my prepper stash has a 60 pound duffel bag full of higher end trauma treatment tools.

For example, george orwell was shot through the throat in the spanish war just prior to WW2 and didnt recieve really any treatment aside from a guaze bandage (and some idiot peasant trying to force feed him rancid stew). 5 weeks later he managed to shoot his way out of barcelona when the stalinists decided to purge his unit and ended up evading thier patrols and secret police escaping to france with his wife, all with a gaping through-and through just behind the carteroid and jugular and just in front of his spinal column.

He went on to become one of the greatest authors of the century.

People can survive some fucked up shit, read into orwells "Homage to catalonia" if you want a pretty neat political commentary and a pretty harrowing real life bug out scenario.

Plus lots of obscure guns, and tales of spanish idiocy in issuing and using them.
>>
File: Collasible Water Jug Homepage.jpg (13KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
Collasible Water Jug Homepage.jpg
13KB, 204x247px
>>33521272
I wouldnt keep it in the truck, water doesnt store well practically over long term. I would just have a collapsible water jug like pic related that you can fill quickly from available sources, and a few canteens to fill from it after purification or filtering.

I would reccomend a good filter too, they arent expensive anymore and actually got good quality.

Something like a life staw could do ya. Some like mine can be directly attached to spouts or bottles as well as just used like a straw.
>>
>>33521170
Just make sure you let her out of the house if you can if something ever does happen.
>>
>>33521366
Yeah I mean in that case or a bug in situation where you have the capability to treat serious trauma a DN is useful. But if someone is going to some remote bug out location with no means of serious treatment they may be better trying to make the person as comfortable as possible or ending it sooner.
>>
>>33514512
ditch parachord. get yourself 150ft+ tarrd bank line for the same space. wire saws are absolute shit bro what are you doing? everything else is good enough
>>
>>33521473
Obviously. Shes a maine coon, which means
1: full grown shell be about 3 times the size of a normal cat
2: maine coons are really close to being wild animals. Theyre excellent hunters.

They also love swimming and fishing and can be taught to play fetch (mine fetches like a dog)

For size reference shes only 3 months old and shes as big as most cats get. Shes gonna probably weigh in around 30-40 pounds full grown. Shes got a better chance than most on her own.

>>33521488
Agreed. But its better to be equipped and have small success probability than it is to be unequipped and garuntee a 100% rate of failure.

I got the training, expierience, and gear, so I might as well have it available.
>>
>>33521565
Naw, people just use wire saws wrong.

If you use em in a garrote style motion they break quick, if you use a green branch to improvise a bow-saw they do pretty well.

Besides, the wire saw is in my supplementary cache as back-up, I got a pretty good pocket-chainsaw that works really well as my primary as well as a good hatchet.

I live in Montana, I test and experiment with this stuff every weekend innawoods.
>>
>>33521409
Sawyer Mini > LifeStraw
>>
>>33522403
Katadyn > Sawyer
>>
>>33522708
Industrial scale reverse osmosis filtration > Katadyn
>>
>>33522854
Well you'll you got me there.
>>
>>33521592
>main coon
best /k/at
>>
File: Esbit gonna burn.jpg (44KB, 578x417px) Image search: [Google]
Esbit gonna burn.jpg
44KB, 578x417px
Gotta cook with something in a pinch.
>>
>>33522708
I disagree. The ability to use a Sawyer as an inline or gravity filter shits all over the slightly better build quality of a Katadyn.

Pump filters are garbage, full stop.
>>
>>33524835
I don't like trihexamine stoves. If you aren't careful you can give yourself formaldehyde poisoning. Plus since I got a wife and kid I'm always paranoid that my kid will find the tablets and think they are candy and poison himself.

kids are a terrifying mixture of clever and retarded that can somehow get into a locked closet, but still stupid enough to pick up a random object they find inside and try to eat it.

kAt my dad's house the little fuck somehow picked a locked closet, found my dad's super size can of UDAP bear spray, managed to figure out the child safe mechanism on it, and touched if off in the living room putting everyone present on the floor for an hour.
>>
>>33525273
I dont have any spawns so not worried. In my bugout trunk pack I have cookware with 1 of them and some extra packets. Because I live in the north I have to worry about water source being snow. processing cold snow or even water will be horrible in a survival situations, need a way to cook it up. A silly little life straw wont cut it there(I have 1 as well).
>>
>>33525381
I see, makes sense. kids ruin everything by the way. I used to be able to buy a new rifle every 6 months despite making 1/3rd what I am now.

Now I make 3 times as much as I did before I had the kids and I never have any fuckin money. I haven't bought a new rifle in 4 years, I just keep feeding this fuckin parasite and watch my hot wife become not hot anymore.

Dont have kids.
>>
>>33525889
You should foster, keep them long enough to indoctrinate them into your child army, send them off to whoever and then light the beacons when the time comes. Voila, your own child army.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.