[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do /k/commandos watch Walking Dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 20170402_191244.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170402_191244.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
If any kommandos watch Walking Dead how do you stand it?

>everyone chickenwings the fuck out of their rifle
>Carl shoots an FAL like it's a .22
>suppose to be post apocalypse but monumental amounts of ammo
>every AK/AR is full auto

did they research anything when it comes to weapons? I mean okay I guess people aren't going to be trained in this timeline with weapons handling but come on it's pretty fucking bad, they're whipping around ARs like their papermache

>story
Is the obvious answer but is the story even that good? I only watched the first season, zombies were only so exciting for so long now i dunno the fuck they do
>>
Most of the up close shots had shittly made fakes two.
>>
File: 20170402_193050.jpg (2MB, 2990x2002px) Image search: [Google]
20170402_193050.jpg
2MB, 2990x2002px
>>33514121
Pic fixed

But really tho, does anyone here really keep up with that show

Just casually catching tonight's episode
>>
>>33514232
Yea exactly, it doesn't piss me off but holy shit you'd think a show that uses guns so heavily would research note about this
>>
they Handel their weapons how I'd expect an untrained civilian would handel a firearm. If the show had them tactically tacticalling the undead, I'd find it less believable.
>>
>>33514958
Yea I bring that up but what about everything bring automatic, or the abundance of ammo, or how easily they throw them around

Just nit picky shit but man, just takes away from those scenes
>>
what was Daryl shooting with the triangular barrel shroud?
>>
>>33516288
No idea but he was running threw ammo like toiletpaper
>>
>>33514121
The last straw for me was an episode where they showed their emergency cache of firearms to be a laundry hamper stored outside, uncovered in a swamp.
>>
In b4 pic of governor looking through sight with blind eye, and holding torch with trigger finger
>>
>>33514121
I stopped at season 4 I believe.
Couldn't stand the stupidity anymore
>>
>>33514121
Everyone said "you should watch the Walking Dead, you'd totally love it."

I gave it a chance. Not impressed.
"No really..."
I gave it another chance. Just not feeling it.
"It gets better."
I gave it one more chance. It does not get better. I don't understand the rapt devotion people have to this stupid show. It is like trash TV but takes itself too seriously to be enjoyable on that level.

Show should be called "People Stand Around, Whine A Lot, Make Downright Awful Decisions, And Sometimes Zombies Show Up. Sometimes."

Harder to fit that name in a 20-second TV spot, though.
>>
>>33514121
The gun play is terrible, but that's standard for tv and movies. Its the dumb as fuck characters that made me give up.

Every episode and arc is an Idiot Plot. Hell, they saw Lennie James' obviously effective traps and countermeasures, they saw Woodbury's lures, and a dozen other things and they adopted none of them. Hell they don't even clear their fences of the growing number of zombies until they break in and kill people. When they've shown they can effortlessly and safely kill them from inside the fence. Fucking morons.

And that's not to get started on the manufactured interpersonal drama that literally kills people every few episodes because they're too dumb to keep others informed.
>>
There's worse than the weapon stuff. Note how everybody's still driving around in cars. How? Gasoline will turn into a nasty unusable sludge after maybe a year or so. Even if it didn't, how are they getting it out of the big underground tanks that sit under gas stations without using electricity? How are they getting the pumps to let them pump it without power? Why are the roads not unusable from lack of maintenance, including stuff like branch removal?

Instead of driving around, why don't they fight their way to the seashore, get in a fucking boat, and go somewhere with cold winters? I don't care what kind of weird brain disease the walkers have, when it's 20 below, they're going to freeze hard as a rock. A nice New Hampshire or Vermont winter should do the trick.

Anyhow, I stopped watching because after a while, the nihilism just got tedious.
>>
>>33516914
>Hell they don't even clear their fences of the growing number of zombies until they break in and kill people.
How long did they live in the prison without doing a sweep of it and finding out that a building had been compromised in a way that could let walkers in? Weeks? Months?
>>
>>33516422
>>33516492
>>33516817
>>33516888
>>33516914
>>33516944
>>33516953

Op here

Good, fucking good, so the consensus is /k/ doesn't watch the walking dead for the retardation with gun play, plot, and a number of other things, definitely overrated show, I think it's finally dying tho, there's a number of normies who won't let it die tho, same people who still have

>much zombie response team

Stickers on their car or something, glad it's the consensus
>>
>>33516888
This.

First season was decent. Rest was shit, gave up watching the show halfway through the gay jail season
>>
>>33517126
I don't mind the Zombie Preparedness guys really.

I live in a storm prone area and anything that gets normies stocking food and water and not distracting the emergency response guys from those that actually need it is alright with me. Not all of them do anything useful obviously, but at least some do and thats a good thing.
>>
Never watched even one whole episode. I remember seeing a clip of some people popping headshots from the back of a bouncing and moving pickup truck. I swear i saw a clip with the sound of casings hitting the floor when a revolver was fired once. Other than that i've not watched any.
>>
File: 1290738604665.jpg (114KB, 959x596px) Image search: [Google]
1290738604665.jpg
114KB, 959x596px
>>33514121
lolno
zombie shows are exactly like hospital dramas. except the life and death scenarios are more interesting but completely unrealistic. Like hospital dramas, the drama in TWD is ass.
>>
>>33517179
Same, I've seen the first season but havnt really watched the rest consistently, mostly because it stopped being about survival and became about gun battles that were poorly put together

>>33517350
Fair enough, I meant more like the people who still think it's cool. Preppers are pretty cool, they can be a little socially out there but your right on when it comes to being ready for a disaster they're usually the ones who can hold their own in it and not put more stress on emergency services. I meant people who still think it's cool shit, like it was back 2007/08

>>33517732
That sounds about right, hearing shell casing hit the floor after shooting a revolver. Pretty sure I've seen that scene or something that sounds super familiar and just killed my motivation for watching the show at the time
>>33517789
Havnt seen hospital dramas but I can understand what your saying. Again it seems like people here don't unironically watch the walking dead, which makes sense to me considering how all these details get thrown out the window
>>
There is nothing wrong with chickenwinging a rifle and it is actually the superior shooting position provided you aren't wearing body armor.
>>
>>33514121
I quit watching season 4. The horrible incompetence shown by EVERY FUCKING SURVIVOR along with the weapon retardation was too much for me.

It had potential, but like everything hollywood touches it went to shit.

I mean for god's sake. A bunch of /k/ommandos with their 10/22's, Mosins, and SKS's would have done better.
>>
>>33518670
Is it actually tho
>>33518766
At least the combat scenes would be better forsure
>>
File: 1477346719882.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1477346719882.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>33514121
I keep up with it
Im still new to guns because I just now became old enough to legally acquire one, but I always thought they handled them well.
If not all characters, Rick when hes hold an AK always seems accurate, or at the least badass looking
>>
>>33518900
>bayonet charges versus zombie hordes
>slaviboos and wehraboos starting wars
>drunken firefights between /akg/ and /arg/ on the daily
>neverending STALKER jokes
I want it.
>>
The first season had an advisor who tried to unfuck their weapons
They got rid of him
>>
>>33514121
I watched season 1 and was hooked. The intro of season 2 inspired me to get a suppressor. Season 3 was wacky and by the time the governor showed up I was getting pissed and only kept up via coworker talk. After the tank BS I stopped caring.

Last I heard dave chappelle had knocked tyrone biggums head off with a bat because they killed off the last asian.
>>
>>33519519
I have one book with a Russian character that is vaguely similar to /k/'s Ivan and another book with lots of bayonet use against zombies, if that helps. Also there's a couple STALKER jokes in the book with the Ivan-like character. Just putting that out there if anyone is interested, but by now most /k/ommandos are probably all too familiar, and sick of, me shilling my books.

But to answer OP, yes, I watch Walking Dead, but never while sober. Not because I need to be drunk to watch it, but it's just one of those shows that I NEVER watch unless I've got some booze. It's just how I do, mane.
>>
>>33519484
I have a feeling the more about guns you fall the more things might bug you. Trust me I'm all for story I love a good story, thb not too sure if the show has a good story anymore but I think the okiedoke is outweighing the story now, and if you notice it it takes away from it bad, and makes it not worth watching at least that's what I think
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.