[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Age of Swarm Warfare general thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: intel-drones-1600-ed.jpg (85KB, 1600x827px) Image search: [Google]
intel-drones-1600-ed.jpg
85KB, 1600x827px
Discuss the new era of warfare. Swarm Warfare involves massive scale deployments of drones. This can be done in air, sea, land, and space.

The goal of such drones involve all goals including surveillance, destruction, and even interdicting enemy ICBM's in space by collision.
>>
>>33513135

Expect them to have tactical nukes. Any serious war in this will be completely bananas.
>>
infantry, tanks, and many other weapons are obsolete, including carriers.

It's all about massive scale deployments of drones and their counters. Precision bombing, guidance, etc is now pointless.
>>
>>33513164
Imagine it like an extreme area of effect weapon. A deployment vehicle of any kind launches a swarm towards the area they wish to deny. Large scale numbers of drones pour out and completely control the area. Killing any human, hitting any soft target, attaching themselves to any hard target. Your tank will be covered in 4-5 explosive drones waiting to kill any nearby soft target.

In addition logistics will be dropping batteries in the area. For instance autonomously created logistical energy depots will be established as the swarm moves deeper. To recharge any energy of near depletion drones and allowing them to continue.

It's massive scale swarm warfare and it completely obsoletes whatever came before. A traditional army is just dead bodies.
>>
space drones, nothing new, but massive numbers of small kinetic objects with simple guidance. They interdict any enemy launches into space and destroy all space assets.
>>
>>33513135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp7mM2TP_1A
>>
>>33513957
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9xqdoDc3oI
>>
>>33513971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJY0LgWjv7Y

We're screwed, lads.
>>
>>33513971

BMP only able to pull one of these.

What the fuck is wrong with the BMP if it can't fucking tow three or four of those?

>>33513984

At apeture we shoot the entire bullet, giving you 70% more bullet!
>>
Anybody remember that thread a while back where we fantasized about spider like mine drones? Wish I still had those screenshots.
>>
>his fighter only has one seat to control drones with
>>
>>33514409
The ones that played mariachi music to terrify sandniggers?
>>
File: a_3_238.jpg (117KB, 1000x787px) Image search: [Google]
a_3_238.jpg
117KB, 1000x787px
>ha! My drones are invincible!
>BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!
>>
Drones are belong to China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFIDBMaw3Bc
>>
>>33517124
>>33517124
Better video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zarZ0fDelg
>>
File: US Navy show of force WWII.jpg (1MB, 2777x2243px) Image search: [Google]
US Navy show of force WWII.jpg
1MB, 2777x2243px
>Swarming drones
>Not swarming the real thing
Plebs
>>
>>33513206
have fun holding ground with your drones lol

>b-but infantry obsolete tho!!!!
>>
Can drones even get up that high to interdict an ICBM? maybe they can interdict at the launching and landing stages but that is a short time frame
>>
>>33517192
>ground drones
>swarms of small aerial drones with light weaponry
>recharge and rearm with the help of induction, and specialized rearmament drones at uncentralized points
>>
>>33517251
yeah no
>>
How effective would small swarm drones be against laser armed vehicles of the future?

Being cheap and small almost probably means fragile and easily destroyed. Numbers, small size and speed doesn't mean anything when the weapon moves at the speed of light.
>>
>>33513206
>>33513249
Think how you would most efficiently defeat an enemy drone. Actually, we don't need to, because we're already defeating missiles with various kinds of active protection systems. These are only possible (or efficient at least) when mounted on a large system because of various scaling effects. It's also likely that some sort of armor will remain in use, which also scales in efficiency. So, fighting vehicles are here to stay.

>>33517192
>>33517251
Observe the battlefield with sensory drones. Kill infantry with nigh-instant precision artillery and various drones. Kill vehicles with the same things or remote launched AT missiles when they're armored.
There's nothing a human can do that a drone can't do better.

>>33517209
That's what we call an anti-ballistic missile.
>>
>>33517299
just jam drone frequency and they become useless

>There's nothing a human can do that a drone can't do better.

this a joke right
>>
>>33513206

>Infantry is obsolete, supertanks will just obliterate everything.
>Infantry is obsolete, planes will bomb anything back to the stone age.
>Infantry is obsolete, nations will just nuke each other.
>Infantry is obsolete, artillery is too precise and deadly to deploy men.
>Infantry is obsolete, war will be done with armed UAVs.

And now.

>Infantry is obsolete, swarms of drones will just obliterate anything that comes by.
>>
We freaking better start making von numan probes soon. The fermi paradox really pisses me off and I want humans to send self replicating probes out to other stars before The Great Filter wipes us out.
>>
>>33517317
I worry about what's going to happen when humanity finally makes something that can respond to and solve problems faster than it can. Because that's the day we all die.
>>
>>33517317
>what is ai
Also, optical communication (laser links) cannot be jammed.
>>33517337
It will happen eventually anon.
>>
File: 1477909020654.jpg (26KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1477909020654.jpg
26KB, 128x128px
Now is the time of gundams.
Mark my works /k/.
>>
>>33517359
>It will happen eventually anon.

What will happen is that nations will equip their infantrymen with anti drone swarm systems, much like ATGMs or manpads or add support systems like counterbattery sensors that will push again the "infantry is dead" meme.
>>
File: 83763[1].jpg (63KB, 291x475px) Image search: [Google]
83763[1].jpg
63KB, 291x475px
>>33517380
Gundams are giant piloted mechs that walk. We are heading in the direction of unmanned, flying, AI controlled drone swarms.
>>
>>33513206
infantry will NEVER be obsolete. whether it be humans or futuristic robots
>>
>>33517439
>unmanned, flying, AI controlled drone swarms
Sounds like something we already deal with on a regular basis. I think we are well acquainted with the solution.
>>
>>33517337
And the sad part is that infantry are given the smallest portion of the budget and yet have consistently shed the most blood in all the recent wars after these "game ending" technologies were invented.
>>
>>33517399
All of these things are easy to mount on a vehicle.
>>33517499
Or a walking drone. If you'll call that infantry, sure. (I'd still be cautious about the "never" part...)
>>
>>33517380
Gundams are only used in-universe because of the minovsky particle physics which does not exist irl
>>
>>33517548
Vehicules that can be easily detected.

It would be like saying that all TOWs would be mounted on vehicules and no one would ever think about giving ATGMs to people on foot because reasons.
>>
>>33517504
You can bet that the drones won't be close for a flamethrower, we are perfectly talking around 50-100 meters in heigh(by trigonometry it will also mean that you will always be aiming at something beyond 100 meters) and if they move they would be pretty hard to hit.
>>
>>33517642
I just looked that up. Sounds like this minovsky particle business is just a complicated way of saying they use 100% efficient nuclear fusion reactors
>>
>>33518023

Seems like something you can use to power a landkreuzer p2000, with radar, CIWS and fuckhuge cannons everywhere.

Because even kraut space magic is better than mechs.
>>
This is why we need another large scale war

Nothing speeds up military tech like a war everyone needs to win. People also care about safety and long drawn out testing. I've always been in favor of throwing out the drawing board in favor of learning out in the field.
>>
>>33518072
Not going to happen, its just going to be proxy wars from here on out.
>>
>>33518139

>Implying Britain will not invade Spain because the spics got uppity about Gibraltar
>Implying the South China sea is going to remain under pseudo chinese control forever
>Implying Ukraine will never be a country again
>Implying Iran will not start taking vengeance over Irak with his new Russian toys and tactics.
>Implying Israel is going to keep eating shit from everyone in the middle east.
>IMBLIYING.
>>
>>33518072
I really don't think another big war would be a good thing. I think we dodged a bullet by getting world wars out of our system before nukes were invented.
>>
>>33516792
Yeah, exactly that.
>>
>>33518266
>out of our system

What makes you think that is true? From the way the world is being shaped as we speak it looks like we are only getting closer. Nukes may be a bad thing but now robotics will allow us to enter many territories fast without any casualties. We'll see a revamped blitzkrieg in no time.

And I never said war was a good thing. It is the worst part of humanity. That doesn't mean that I wasn't right in saying wars speed up technology.
>>
>>33518266

Why are nukes so bad?

One nuke here and there doesn't hurt anybody... as much as holding yourself back for decades while the ones who never used nukes in a war fall into shit and the one who used two nukes in a war perpetuates itself in power and thrives.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.