[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend Cool Rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: ptr91fr (9 of 16).jpg (143KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
ptr91fr (9 of 16).jpg
143KB, 1000x540px
Alright /k/ recommend me a cool gun to buy. I've just sold a particularly awful firearm for more than it was worth, and I've got a budget of $1000 to $1300ish.

Was gonna buy one of those PTR-91s with the bull barrels because the HK action is sexy as fuck.

That's probably what I'll get, but I want some other recommendations for fun rifles to get. No AR's or AK's, I'm looking for more unusual stuff like HK91 clones, FAL clones, etc. I prefer full power cartridges, but it doesn't matter that much

tl;dr recommend cool guns. was looking at AES-10B's (maybe), PTR-91's, and FAL clones. Help me spend my money /k/
>>
ptr 91s are p. cool
>>
FAL voyager is definitely what I'd get. If you can pony up for it, the para's may tickle your pickle.

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO DO 2 CAPTCHAS EVERY MOTHER FUCKING TIME YOU PIECE OF SHIT BOARD
>>
>>33512595
>FAL voyager
I heard those were trash, but I can't remember why. Anyone know?
>>
File: IMG_20170324_102139.jpg (222KB, 476x1239px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_102139.jpg
222KB, 476x1239px
>>33512288
I like mine.
>>
>>33512626
Cast receiver if I recall.
>>
>>33512682
Yeah I just got rid of a shitty gun with a bunch of cast parts, I love FAL pattern rifles but maybe not a voyager
>>
>>33512288
I own one, good rifle. I bought a ton of ammo I can't shoot at my range, so it kind of collects dust.

No issues outside of shitty mexican ammo I bought at the range.
In all honesty though I contemplate selling it, but thats just because all my local ranges are indoors.
>>
Thinking of an SVT40 or some sort of semi auto WW2 rifle too
>>
If you want a precision .308 military-pattern, get a PTR. The rest of them have inherent accuracy issues and a PTR is cheap anyway. And this is from a guy who just bought a Polytech M14, but that's just because I love M14s so much.
>>
Not OP, but I figure this is a good place to ask. Do any of you guys own a Century C308? What are your thoughts? They're incredibly cheap for a battle rifle. Are they half decent?
>>
>>33512966
No they're fucking awful. They're made out of pot metal that literally separates from the receiver from firing, cracks, shitty spot welds. They fucking slam fire too.
>>
>>33513040
Which parts are pot metal? I thought they were made from Spanish parts kits and new PTR parts.
>>
>>33512288

I suggest something that has accessories and cheap mags.
>>
File: 3Slj9cO.jpg (64KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
3Slj9cO.jpg
64KB, 750x600px
>>33512966
>century arms reminder
>>
>>33512626
>>33512682

Cast receiver is why people dislike the Voyager. I've had mine for years now and haven't had an issue. And to be honest, if you shoot enough .308 to where a properly cast receiver fails, you could have easily been able to afford a forged receiver.
>>
>>33513271
He man, if you have a thousand monkeys working on a thousand work stations, soon they'll build the greatest battle rifle ever made!
>>
File: IMG-984549512.jpg (204KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-984549512.jpg
204KB, 960x540px
>>33512288
I'm a taller guy (6'3'') and I LOVE my ptr, but i really dislike shouldering it to use the iron sights. Buy a cheek riser and prism scope.
>>
>>33513297
That's a shame. I just sold a C39V1 for $800 and I'm avoiding cast shit like the plague, it haunted me from that gun.
>>
>>33512966
>average of 5 MOA
>>
>>33516784
Would a PTR do better?
>>
>>33516799
A lot.
The build quality will just be way better in general.

Rule of thumb with Century is that anything they themselves have built from the ground up, you should probably avoid, like their RAS47 or C308.

What they can do is swap parts on imported WASRs and Zastavas for 922r compliance as well as mill out the gimped magwell so it takes normal mags, they've learned how to do this without fucking it up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.