[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about finally doing it...a glock.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: CZ.jpg (80KB, 619x432px) Image search: [Google]
CZ.jpg
80KB, 619x432px
26/43/19?

I already have enough full sizes. I currently conceal a .357 and .380 so I think it would be nice to have a 9mm CC just for ammo commonality.
>>
>>33510645
26 is my favorite of those 3
>>
>>33510645
HK P30SK. No reason to go Glock except for after market. I say this as a guy who owns both the HK and 2 Glocks.
>>
>>33510804
26 is great. But it's clearly just for concealment, given it's size. The only way it's superior to the 43 is capacity - which isn't a negligible thing.

The 43 is perfect for concealment as long as you think you only need 6-7 rounds.

The 19 is a good range gun, decent for concealment in certain clothing, and is the superior survival/camping/fun gun.

I have a 19, and I think I'm getting the 43 next because I can carry it during summer without worrying too much about comfort/printing. If your sole purpose is CC, skip the 19 and you'll have to decide whether the thicker 26 or the thinner 43 is better for carry. Bearing in mind that the 26 holds 3-4 more rounds, and can accept extended magazines - effectively making it a smaller glock 17 or 19.

I've decided that magazine capacity is less relevant to me than concealability.
>>
19 is completely skippable if you already own other guns. its the best gun if you only have one gun but if you have multiple guns its a average thing that excels at nothing.
>>
>>33510996
taran tactical tho
http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/glock-43-completed-magazine/
>>
>>33510996
43 isn't a pocket gun, its a belt gun.
I recently got one, and it does nothing for me over my 26.
The 26 handles and shoots as well (if not better bc I shoot it more) as my 19 and 17.

Also magpul has the pmag 12 gl9 out now.
12rd mag for the 26 and it adds hardly any to height and gives a place for your 4th finger

The 26 is my favorite pistol to shoot.
I carry it year around. It's perfectly comfortable in a hybrid iwb holster.
>>
>>33510645
Yeah, anon, if you own any full-size or compact pistols that you already like, don't even worry about the 19... I have one and it's great as my universal handgun, and it will accompany me on all camping/cabin/hiking trips. But it's role could be filled by any of those pistols in OP's pic, especially if I wasn't going to use it for CC.

>>33511048
Now I'm considering the 43 even more. :-\

>>33511082
Good to know. I know a buddy with a 26 and he swears by it. He thinks it's just that good. I'm putting lots of emphasis on concealment though, since my work is gun-free (I'd get fired), but I walk through the ghetto to catch the train... Plus the train itself can be a nasty place. I have to carry, but I want the smallest 9mm I can get. I've also been considering the sig-p398 so I don't print and get fired on my way in/out of the office.

How do you feel about the difference between the 26 and 43 when it comes to that? Is the thickness not really a significant factor in your mind?
>>
>>33511141
huge deal IMO.
I had a G27 at one point in time and I stopped carrying it. It honestly depends on if you are a bigger guy or not DESU - I am quite thin and that's why thickness is big imo
>>
>>33511141
>How do you feel about the difference between the 26 and 43 when it comes to that? Is the thickness not really a significant factor in your mind?
what you need to understand is people are fucking idiots who give zero fucks about you. they will dismiss the bulge in your pants as a phone. the few that are on top of their game and will notice will notice a gun regardless of that minimal difference in thickness cause they know what to look for. the main difference of thickness is how comfortable it is for you and capacity.
>>
>>33511141
If deep concealment is paramount then don't get a 43 or a 26, get a pocket gun.

I guess one could probably pocket carry a 43, but you'd need big pockets and it would feel a bit heavy id say. And printing would be a concern depending on what pocket holster.

What about the lcp? That's the gun I carry when wearing basketball shorts and such or when dressed up.
>>
>>33511155
Yeah, I'm relatively thin, and I dress in 'fashionably' fitted clothing. During winter, that's fine because of longer/larger outer wear. But when it gets warm out, well, I'm gonna want something truly concealable in shorts/tshirt.

>>33511233
Yeah, I've been seriously considering a .380 as well. It's a bit of a compromise because I already have so much 9mm, and it's often poked fun of for being a relatively weak cartridge... But nobody likes getting shot, and unless I'm in a straight-up gunfight, it ought to be more than enough to incapacitate/kill. I worry about muggings, and particularly thugs coming up and demanding my bag/wallet/phone and who may be armed themselves. I know you don't draw on someone who's already got the drop on you, but I'd still like to be able to meet force with equal force if it came down to it. Same goes with a knife/blade of any sort.

Damn, there are just so many factors I have been considering. I already have 2000 rounds of 9mm stocked up. I just really want to get a deep conceal gun that eats that ammo.
>>
>>33511367
I also do the same, and I can say that the 43 will probably be your game. You still need a belt, so it might be wise to get a 43 AND an LCP. I personally have a 22 magnum derringer that I carry for pocket stuff because the 43 is still p big.
>>
>>33512293
Hah, I like your style. When in doubt, just get both. Honestly, I hadn't even considered that, but it may very well be the correct answer.
>>
>>33512376
honestly it works so often for gun stuff it's a valid strategy. if they have two clearly defined niches (pocket carry, iwb) and you could see yourself using both... get both.
>>
OP here, how does an M&P9C stack up against a 26? the only thing I personally like is the manual safety on some models. I wouldnt use the 43 for pocket carry anyway I would use a kydex IWB because I wouldn't feel comfortable carry one in the chamber that way. also I'm a welfare queen so I can take advantage of the blue label discount.
>>
Glock 20 is best glock
>>
glock 30

fat little fucker with 10+1 .45acp, actually doesn't have as much muzzle flip as you'd think.
>>
>>33510645
I kind of don't want to push another thread off just for this question, so I'll ask here. Been thinking of getting a new handgun to replace my SP2022 and pair with my AR. Been thinking about a Glock 17 or 19. Which one would be better to go with?

Thinking for camping, hiking, rifle/handgun classes. I've shot a 19, and it seemed just a LITTLE small for me, but it did shoot pretty smooth and shooting was comfortable. I imagine the 17 would be slightly better, but then also bigger. Thoughts?
>>
>>33512482

I have the 9C, it shoots well but it's the size of the 19 but with less ammo on board.

If you want something the size of the 19, get the 19 or something else that holds 15+ shots. If you want something smaller than a 19, get the 26. If it needs to be smaller than THAT, i'd recommend the glock 42 over the 43.
>>
>>33514404
if you think the 19 is a little small, get a 17. it's just a little bit bigger. also CC wasn't really in your repertoire so
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.