[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USSR Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

Need help with planning a story. What I need to know is what the weaponry of the Red Army would look like if the USSR won the cold war. Basically this is what I have planned:
The part of the story that we are concerned with is set in an alternate history 2007, where the USSR has effectively won the cold war. It looks very much like the world of Hotline Miami, with America effectively being turned into the USSR's bitch. The country is a shell of it's former self with a very limited military budget. 'Nam-era (or what would have been 'Nam-era in our time-line) M-16s and M1911A1s are still in use by the military. And the entire country is all sorts of fucked up, with in-fighting between fascists and communists all around. Meanwhile the USSR is doing great, expanding it's influence deep into Western Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South-east Asia, Canada, and Latin America and it also has direct control over Afghanistan, China, Vietnam, Yugoslavia, Eastern Europe, both Koreas, Japan, Guam, Hawaii, and some parts of Alaska.
What I need to know is everything I can about the Red Army's small arms, fighting vehicles, and how they interacted with different parts of their sphere of influence in terms of military operation during the later stages of the cold war and how these things would have developed as the USSR grew stronger. I know that the USSR was working on all sorts of crazy stuff before 1991; silent assault rifles, silent pistols, silent revolvers, underwater assault rifles, and all sorts of stuff. I know that Putin's government has started getting the ball rolling again with things like modernizing the AK platform and the SU-35s, but I want to know what would have happened if the Rooskies had the funds and desire to crank it up to eleven. Thanks.
>>
File: BarryCyborg.png (546KB, 834x779px) Image search: [Google]
BarryCyborg.png
546KB, 834x779px
>>33509663

>if the Rooskies had the funds and desire to crank it up to eleven

It would look something like this.
>>
>>33509663
I imagine it would just be direct upgrades of preexisting equipment, as that is what blatantly fits the Russian military ideology, but with elements from other nations for improvement on it. Taking what works from an AR platform or a G3/FAL mixed in with what makes the AK so damn good. This would probably end up as a sealed rifle with low tolerances kind of like a RK-95 or Galil with a dust cover and a rail system. Pistols would probably go the way of the Cz-75 and it's variants. Tanks would probably look like the tanks that Russia has today, as they take from design aspects from other country's tanks already. Same with aircraft. Rocket launchers would be an amalgamation of the later RPG designs, I think it would be coolest if it was a collapsing design with a targeting system.

They would keep the quality of mass production with all of this. The Russians have always believed the quality of quantity.
>>
>>33509663
smedley butler succeeds
george s patron goes rouge and invades Berlin
operation unthinkable kicks off
there are too many things that did not happen part of why alt history is a waste of time
>>
File: HarryTurtledovepissed.jpg (30KB, 185x281px) Image search: [Google]
HarryTurtledovepissed.jpg
30KB, 185x281px
>>33509804
>>
>>33509663
If America was com-block, like with Poland or Czechslovakia we'd likely have the Galil.
>>
>>33509663
>Balalaika starter pack
I like you, OP.
>>
>>33509663
>that pic
Fryface pls go and stay go.
>>
It would look exactly the same as what they have now, maybe a bit more tacti-cool but I doubt it given the USSR mentality of shitting out as many guns in as hard a fashion as possible.
>>
>>33512135
cyкa
>>
>>33509663
Just crank the current Russia up to 11 and that's about it.
>>
>>33513374
Those ashtons are WAY to big comapred to what she smokes. Maybe a petite corona.
>>
File: onlycommies.jpg (68KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
onlycommies.jpg
68KB, 500x491px
>>
>>33509687
VOUZ E MOI! BIONIC BARRY!
>>
File: uerw4t.jpg (241KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
uerw4t.jpg
241KB, 1400x1000px
>>
>>33514179
needs lucky strikes and a fake gold chain
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.