[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does the aurora exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: B-58-escape-capsule.jpg (1MB, 2048x1961px) Image search: [Google]
B-58-escape-capsule.jpg
1MB, 2048x1961px
does the aurora exist?
>>
>>33509096
B2 was created in 1980 on potao poputers.
30 years later here we are.
What do you think.
>>
>>33509096
Yes
>>
File: contrail_donut.jpg (11KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
contrail_donut.jpg
11KB, 800x600px
>>
>>33509096
yes.. i think the most interesting thing though is the brilliant pebbles program.. which was basically an anti missile system that stays in orbit

i think that they are responsible for a lot of the UFO sightings and especially the ones that seem to react to lasers.. i think ive seen these kind of ufos in washington state myself and they basically look like satellites that make right angles and such

there are a bunch of videos on youtube that look like what i saw but i cant find them right now
>>
>>33509096
Of course it does. You just have to be deep into the northern polar regions to see it
>>
>>33509096

God damn I want one of these as a chair in my living room.

> kids screaming
> wife screaming
> sit down, hit button
> *SHOOP*
> clamshell door closes
> wife bitches some more, hears a muffled "EJECT! EJECT! EJECT!" from inside the pod
> explosives blow a 6 foot hole in the roof and the rockets under the pod fling it 5,000 feet up and half a mile away
> pod splashes down in a lake, floats deploy
> after bobbing for a few seconds, I pull out my phone and go back to shooting about glocknades
>>
>>33510330

> shooting
> shitposting

Fucking spellcheck.
>>
>>33510330
kek
>>
>>33509096
Most likely not. That's not to say we don't have the technology for it - the HSCT program in the '90s was considering solutions using immediately available tech up to Mach 4 and up to Mach 10 with near-term developments.

The problem is that there really isn't a role for a supposed super-fast reconnaissance aircraft. Satellites do the job of strategic reconnaissance quite handily, although they have gaps in coverage (they can't cover an area continuously or provide coverage in as timely a manner as an aircraft). For real-time reconnaissance necessary for warfighting, currently available aircraft do the job perfectly fine for much cheaper than any supposed Aurora would.

The niche Aurora would fill would require there to be some strategically important target hidden well behind a sophisticated air defense network and mobile enough that the target's owners would be able to hide it from satellites as they pass over. As of right now, there really isn't anything that warrants that. Even then, it's not certain that anything, no matter how fast, would have good enough chances to evade interception that we'd feel comfortable using it over contested airspace.
>>
>>33510330
you forgot to mention the part where the leg folding mechanism isnt your size so your toes are chopped off.
>>
http://www.ejectionsite.com/eb58caps.htm
>>
File: B-2 carpetbomb.jpg (19KB, 340x471px) Image search: [Google]
B-2 carpetbomb.jpg
19KB, 340x471px
>>33509096
"Aurora" was the black-budget codename for the early B-2 program. The B-2 now exists.
So yes, in a manner of speaking, Aurora exists.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.