[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me not to buy a kel tec sub 2000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: wm_8112525.jpg (68KB, 1180x885px) Image search: [Google]
wm_8112525.jpg
68KB, 1180x885px
Convince me not to buy a kel tec sub 2000
>>
>>33504444
Don't buy it
>>
File: 1342133865595.png (837KB, 699x741px) Image search: [Google]
1342133865595.png
837KB, 699x741px
>>33504444
It's either that or a High Point Carbine on the pricing options available.
>>
File: image.png (536KB, 626x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
536KB, 626x461px
>>33504444
Checked
>>
File: awoo checked.jpg (143KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
awoo checked.jpg
143KB, 800x800px
>>33504444
There's no 10mm version so it's pretty much exclusively for niggers, rodents, and paper, rather than larger targets.
>>
Nope, you go right ahead OP
if you want to waste, er, spend your money on that, you go do that
>>
>>33504444
if it's chambered in 9mm fucking do it.
if you reload, do it no matter what.

literally bought one 4 hours ago.
>>
>>33504444
I have one in .40cal Glock magazine. It's fun for about 15 minutes. I have only had mine at the range once and haven't shot it in a couple of years.

Probably gonna sell it.
>>
Jap rifle divided in half during ww2 so old outdated concept don't buy the rifle
>>
>>33504791
I want one too. I'm thinking about making it my wife's bugout gun, since we have 9mms for our sidearms. Something about the ability to fold it up really gets my gears turning.

>>33504810
But then I worry about it being just a novelty that I'll never really use... and the way it folds becomes immediately obsolete when you add optics... Fug, I still want one though.
>>
>>33504839
I bought the quad rail (never installed) and had planned on getting one of those side flipping sight mounts things and put a mount on that way, but there is also a company that makes a handguard that rotates.

Anyway, I like the folding aspect, I mean it's the perfect tucked away little carbine type rifle. But I tend to shoot high power more often.

Shit I have three Ruger 10/22 modded out and haven't shot them in almost 5 fucking years. I had decided to go retro on one and put a Ruger deluxe stock back on and bought the stock & barrel bedding tools to work the stock for a bull barrel. The shit has been sitting for years.

Only recently I have decide it's time to unload some of this stuff. that hasn't seen the light of day in years.
>>
>>33504904
>quad rail
these things look ugly as shit to me, and you end up paying a few hundred after buying the base and rails.

myself (i'm >>33504791; i'll probably just drill holes for cheap rails in the side of the handguard to add a light or laser)
>>
>>33504444
It's your money senpai, do as you please desu.
>>
I just want a good 9mm carbine is it any good?
>>
I don;'t need a pistol caliber rifle. Even a 9mm sbr.

It lack at concealment, and lack at fire power.
>>
>>33504991
if you can find one; they're not super common at reasonable prices.

it's simple, it's light, it takes glock mags (or beretta mags depending on the version) and it folds, making cleaning super fucking easy. Red Lion makes a rail kit for all your tacticool shit. The front handguard is literally a piece of plastic over the barrel held together with screws so it's easy to replace.
>>
but if you got some money laying around, just buy it.
>>
It's rated for 6000 rounds lifetime. Not the barrel, the entire rifle. This is straight from Keltec.

So it will start to degrade the second you fire the first shot.
>>
>>33504839
>folds becomes immediately obsolete when you add optics
RED LION PRESICION
>>
>>33505038
source?
>>
>>33505024
What's a good price the a .40SW with Glock mags? This would be the earlier iteration and not the one in the pic posted by OP. I have the quad rail as well but not installed. I paid like $100 bucks for that and would probably include it.

Would just like an idea for when I sell mine. I have about 5 Glock 10 rounds mags, some new in wrapper. Also a couple preban 15 rounders, even one of those snazzy orange Glock mags.
>>
>>33505038
You think someone who would buy this thing would actually put ~6000 rounds through it?
>>
>>33505062
if i saw that iteration with the rail at $500 i would bite immediately despite the caliber; you could maybe get away with more.

i'm kind of flexible on gun pricing though because i figure i can sell it for a little less and consider the difference as my "rental fee"
>>
>>33504444
Whatever you do, don't pay more than $500 out the door, and even that's fucking high. Shop locally, call around, and worst case, watch Gunbroker for a while. You should $400-450 for brand new, latest model. They're not as rare as they used to be.
>>
>>33504476
yo a 10mm version would actuall be cool as fuck desu
>>
>>33505085
Actually I would be OK with that. The rifle, the quad rail and a couple 10 round mags. Thanks for the info.

The rest of the mags of course I would sell separately. The Orange Glock mag is worth at least 75 bucks alone last time I saw one for sale.

BTW, what's wrong with .40? I had plenty of chances to pick up a 9mm cal but opted for bigger heavier round. Will say one thing, the balance on the rifle shooting one handed is extremely well, even in .40S&W
>>
>>33505073
Going through ~6000 rounds on a pistol caliber carbine is nothing!

When some of my city buddies come up we easily put a couple thousand rounds through the AKs. Shit, I have (4) 75round drums and (12) 30 round mags loaded right now. They each stop off at Walmart or gun dealers to pick up more and reload so each shmuck can go.

If I brought the Sub2000 they would go ape shit.
>>
>>33505162
>what's wrong with .40?
nothing really, just factory ammo costs a lot more than 9mm
>>
I was thinking of this or saving more money for a beretta cx4 storm
>>
>>33505364
>beretta cx4 storm
a better unit, overall. if you want to spend the extra cash is up to you
>>
>>33504444
Wait for RDB-S.
>>
File: glock ccu.png (76KB, 700x250px) Image search: [Google]
glock ccu.png
76KB, 700x250px
>>33504444
You want a Mech Tech CCU instead.
>>
>>33505038
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Subject to the terms, conditions and limitations outlined below, Kel-Tec CNC Industries,
Inc. guarantees your SUB-2000™ against defects in materials and workmanship for the
lifetime of the original consumer purchaser.
>>
>>33505038
All Kel-Tec firearms are rated for AT LEAST 6000 rounds. It's simply a liability benchmark. It's not going to KB or deconstruct in your hands on round 6001.
>>
i have 2 gen 1 sub2000s. a 9mm and .40. both are glock mag compatible. they are fun to shoot. They are get home funs in my eyes. small enough to to be in the way of hide in a pack but gives you more energy or range then a pistol but is a very common calibre.

look at what it will cost to shoot. 9mm is around .15, 224 or 7.62 is still around .20.
>>
>>33506989
yeah give the kingston polygamists more money.
>>
>>33505073
6000 of 9mm doesn't sound that unreasonable. A 1000 round case of tula steel is like $150 shipped on sale, like $170 for brass on sale.

That's only $900-$1050 in ammo, seems pretty quick for a gun to shit out.
>>
>>33505038
What about the hp 995?
>>
Just something humorous from the dealer wholesale pricing thread yesterday.

>Gen 1 sub 2k is $295
>pretty much all the dealer wholesale prices were more than prices would be if you bought them online yourself
>tfw we could have $300 sub 2000's if keltec stopped being retarded and make like 2500 a year, and if fags would stop buying them all at $500 plus
>>
>>33509538
>>tfw we could have $300 sub 2000's if keltec stopped being retarded and make like 2500 a year, and if fags would stop buying them all at $500 plus

Spoken like someone who doesn't understand business, especially manufacturing business.

There are many reasons why companies have production "runs" or "quotes." Nitwit.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.