[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snape Capes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 1200px-Snap_caps.jpg (62KB, 1200x704px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Snap_caps.jpg
62KB, 1200x704px
For what purpose?
>>
>>33504308
I use 12ga caps to practice loading shotguns faster in my basement
>>
>>33504308

I usually have my range buddy load one in the mag, wont tell me if he loaded it as the 1st, 4th, 8th etc. It will act as a malfunction for you, you now got to fix the issue.
>>
safely func check after disassembly or modification.
>>
>>33504336
>shoot range buddy
>retrieve round
>>
I stagger them in my magazines to practice dealing with my twitch. Same with an empty case in my revolver.

Also, prevents damage from dry firing.

I got one of those laser snaps that I use for my Ruger P89 to practice my double action pull. They're generally useful.
>>
>>33504329
This or for C&Cers to practice drawing and engaging.

Also malfunction clearing drills.
>>
>>33504308
Practice flinch control. Throw some in a mag next time you are shooting and watch how bad you flinch when you hit one. Nothing kills a range boner faster imo. Also good for practicing trigger pull at home without risk of breaking your firing pin, but that's not likely to happen anyways.
>>
>>33504308
To kill Dumbledore.
>>
My O/U automatically cocks when I close the breach. Snap caps let me disengage without dry firing, which soothes my tism.
>>
File: cowboysnavicon.png (92KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cowboysnavicon.png
92KB, 1200x1200px
>>33504355
What does "Cowboy Action" on the package mean?
>>
>>33504347

I shoot on private land. I just rake up all the spent brass and pick it out later when I'm sitting it out for reloads

I'm sorry if you got no buddies to go shooting with.
>>
>>33504308
>Practice loading
>Reduced stress of dry firing (yes, even on 'dryfire safe' guns)
>Practice clearing malfunctions
>Flinch drills
>>
>>33504355
>Also, prevents damage from dry firing.
so they do nothing
>>
>>33504398
Read the thread, autist.
>>
File: 1490757057007.jpg (45KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490757057007.jpg
45KB, 500x400px
>>33504393
>range
>"buddies"
>>
>>33504393
>tfw no buddies to go shooting with
Will you be my buddy?
>>
>>33504398
>He doesn't own any hammer mounted pin revolvers

Just kind of sad, really.
>>
>>33504405

Only if you live in WA.
>>
>>33504415
What makes you think I want to have you as my buddy, friend?
>>
>>33504424

What makes you think I want you as my friend, pal?
>>
>>33504308
Soon will be the only ammunition legal for sale in California.
>>
I bought some snap caps when I got my first gun. I'd load them up, pull the trigger, cycle it, and then reload them. I have no idea why I was using them, and now they just sit in a drawer.

I thought they made dry firing safer for the gun, or something like that. I don't know what purpose they serve aside from simulating a dud.
>>
>>33504308
Paralyzes the target no matter where it hits.
>>
>>33504308
To make everyone think he was a villain.
>>
>>33504469
>I thought they made dry firing safer for the gun, or something like that

They do, in theory. Just how much so? Nobody really knows, and it depends a *lot* on the gun

For example, a colt single action army should never be fired without a snap cap. Hammer mounted pin revolvers in general should not be dry fired without a snap cap, though supposedly model 10's and such are perfectly fine to do it with.

It all depends on the design of the gun, and what stops the firing pin and/or hammer if it doesn't encounter a primer. In most modern guns, it's designed so that it doesn't hit anything fragile and is just as fine as hitting a primer. In older guns however it can end up slamming some relatively fragile components together.
>>
>>33504415
ayyy wa fag. where you at senpai?
>>
File: IMG_0765.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0765.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
I use snap caps for flinch drills.
I don't get real snap caps. They're reloads with no powder and hot glue in the primer cavity. Snap caps are actually kinda pricy, these are essentially free.
I put a dark patina on half the case so they're obviously different and i can't mistake snaps for real rounds.
>>
>>33504308
For practicing Russian Roulette at parties.
>>
>>33504385
NO IDEA WHAT YOURE REFERRING TO, but cowboy action is a kind of shooting competition that is western themed and in which you are only allowed to use period weapons, ie single action revolvers, ejector-less double-barrels, not sure about leverguns though.
>>
>>33506025
That's some pretty nasty corrosion.
How did you do it? Masking tape on the base and dipping in a salt bath?
>>
>>33506313
Ammonia bath, the fumes put the patina on the brass, but the portion immersed in the ammonia isn't affected.
Wash extensively, apply a little lubricating oil to them, wipe them down. Done.
Easy to ID, and permanent.
>>
>>33506313
a felt pen
>>
>>33506362
Nice thanks.
>>
>>33506363
Sure, you can color them, paint them, whatever. but that's going to rub off over time. This is a pretty deep patina.
>>33506372
a little salt in the ammonia speeds it up. Wet the rounds completely, then sit them butt down in the liquid with a lid over the top so the fumes can work. Takes less than an hour to get some good color, can leave in as long as you want.
>>
Go ahead and practice with live ammunition. Nothing unsafe about that at all.

Also, be sure to not wear earpro indoors or outdoors, they're jew tricks for your hard earned cash.

And dont worry about cleaning the cosmoline off that sks, especially the meme about going into the bolt/firing channel, its a waste of time, created by faggots.
>>
>>33504308
>purpose?
There is a myth that if you pull the trigger on an unloaded firearm engaging the firing pin to hit "nothing" it will create a rift in the universal planes to the point were black hole cracks appear shattering delineate realms converging realities and obliterating worlds. Also your mother will get Cancer and die.
>>
>>33504308
I'm a retail wage slave at a gun store and the only way to properly demonstrate how a gun works is snap caps. Talking about how the hi-point or Taurus they want to buy simply isn't enough you have to show it to them. And I'd rather use snap caps than wait for a parking lot ND.
>>
File: 1488531637776.jpg (69KB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
1488531637776.jpg
69KB, 500x676px
>>33504308
so my gun doesn't break from dryfiring
>>
They have many uses and you should have a fuckton of them in your gun toolbox (seperate from real ammo that is)

-dry firing rimfire weapons
-function checking a pistol after cleaning (for me this involves racking the slide like i'm in a Hood Life video)
-reloading drills
-FTF drills (especially useful for ARs)
-Flinch drills at the range
-Draw from holster drills. I keep a fully loaded mag but a dummy round in the pipe for drawing from holster drills, so I have the actual weight of the gun but a dummy round in the chamber in case of ND

Basically anything you are doing with a gun that doesn't involve shooting it at a range or defending yourself in real life, use dummy cartridges, and owning a gun is about more than just practicing at a range and leaving it in a drawer afterwards, it's about knowing how it functions and learning what to do if it doesn't.
>>
>>33506177
The leverguns have to be pistol-caliber
ie. .45 Colt, .357 Mag, 45/70
>>
>>33504385
You know, like Brokeback Mountain.
>>
>>33504378
thank you.
>>
Snake oil for those absolute retards who think dey firing hurts firearms.

And that rare person who wants to mix them into mags to train in malfunction clearing.
>>
>>33504415
Also WAfag here but I have crippling anxiety and don't like meeting strangers from the internet.

Good luck to all anons in their quest for range buddies.
>>
File: IMG_20170402_193405.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170402_193405.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>>33504308
For the test of function feeding and ejection
Also, for better feel while dry-firing
>>
>>33508101
>45-70
>pistol caliber
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.