[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revolver for Wyoming wilderness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (22KB, 475x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 475x218px
So I recently got hired as a Biology intern in Wyoming bear country and I'm gonna be working in the heart of the Shoshone for the Summer. I'm thinking I'm gonna get a big bore revolver because there's no fucking way I'm trusting my glock 23 to stop a rampaging Grizzly or cougar. Any suggestions as to what would be a good selection. I'm thinking about a ruger Bisley Blackhawk 44 special but I'm open to other opinions.
>>
>>33503148
>cougar

You will more than likely never see one. They will see you, but you not them

As for a revolver, get a Super Redhawk in 44 mag and load it with buffalo bore.
>>
>>33503148
.45-70 govt
>>
What's wrong with that 10 mm glock?
>>
>>33503291
OP just wants a revolver so he can pretend to be a cowboy.

I'd prefer 10mm myself
>>
File: image.jpg (645KB, 1687x1241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
645KB, 1687x1241px
>>
>>33503148
If I was worried about grizzlies I'd be carrying a large caliber like 454. or even 500.
>>
>>33503148

The .454 Casull is the only handgun round that'll stop a motivated Griz.

I'd carry a 12 gauge loaded with slugs; yeah it's a lot of weight, but if you need it, it'll be worth it.
>>
>>33503318
>I wanna be a cowboy
>And you can be muh cowgirl
>>
>>33503148
A/K/ here. I carry a 5" Redhawk with buffalo bore.

It's heavy, but fuck bears.

500 S&W, 460 S&W, 454 Casull, 44 magnum, 41 magnum are all popular in wheel guns here.

50 AE (yeah, people lug these around) and 10mm are popular in auto loaders, with most folks switching out 10mm Glock barrels so they can shoot buffalo bore hard cast lead loads.
>>
Some people use really fucking hot 45 long colt for bears right?
>>
>>33503855
I don't understand why anyone would trust their life to something like that when a larger caliber is that much more reliable. I'm not even sure that a 45 would consistently penetrate a grizzly's skull.
>>
>>33503855
The 45 LC can be loaded to 44 magnum levels in strong revolvers. Buffalo bore makes factory ammo along these lines as well. It's worth noting that firing them out of a suitable (Ruger) single action with the factory grips is very unpleasant. Aftermarket grips are ugly, but help a lot.
>>
>>33503895
https://youtu.be/2-v-6MAfrx8
Found a vid, fucker went all over
>>
Who the hell wants to remember to thumb a hammer on a long colt during an encounter with a grizzly bear? Once again 10 millimeter Glock
>>
>>33503980
That's a black bear though. Grizzlies are to black bears what Bull Mastiffs are to Labradors.
>>
>>33504079
This and we don't know what type of ammo he was using.
>>
>>33503516
>into the sunset we will ride
>>
Egghead types get wierd about using guns for grizz defense. The ex was a biologist who worked in Idaho bear country for a season and it seemed like they all only carried spray. Something about 'muh feelings' and 'muh poor animals'. Something to be mindful about, libtard coworkers.
>>
>>33503291
It's fuck ugly and it's a GLOCK brand Glock.
>>
This might not be the best place to ask, but in the absence of a revolver general here goes. Where the hell can I find a Rossi R98106 Model 98 Plinker or equivalent. I just want a cheap as balls double action 22 revolver with a swing out cylinder.
>>
>>33503166

I'm a city fag and I've come across three every single vacation I've taken.
>>
>Wyoming

Freedom Arms is the only correct answer. Used Ruger if you're a poorfag, Glock if you're poorer than that, and don't consider anything below hot .357/10mm.
>>
>>33503148
Get a mossberg 500 and load it with either slugs or buck and ball or get a Marlin or Henry chambered in 45-70. Do not just carry a pistol. A pistol is your secondary firearm. A pistol is used to fight to a rifle. If you can only carry a pistol, carry a Glock 20 with Lehigh Defense Xtreme Penetrators. If not, get a shotgun or rifle.
>>
>>33503148
glock 20, noob. and don't run 40 short and weak tier 10mm through it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.