[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WASR VS M70

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 21z9s52sp1my.jpg (573KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
21z9s52sp1my.jpg
573KB, 2448x2448px
I've been looking at getting my first AK with a $700-800 budget and so far my research has told me that I should either go with a WASR-10 or a Zastava M70. Any owners of either (or both) rifles here to give any input or advice?

I know that the M70 has a non-chrome lined barrel and milled receiver which makes it potentially more accurate but heavier, whereas the WASR is lighter and easier to clean with a stamped receiver and CLB. Also I've heard that because of the receiver on the M70, it's harder to find aftermarket parts and accessories. Is there anything else I should know or look out for?

This is for the purpose of CQB to mid range run-and-gun as well as a SHTF rifle.
>>
>>33500645

>M70 has a milled receiver

No it doesn't. It has a thicker receiver and a bulged front trunnion.
>>
If I was choosing between the two id go with the wasr, but at your price range id save a bit more and get one of the new arsenals for about $900 shipped and delivered. Theres really no reason to get that close in price and get something less solid unless you just want a wasr or m70.
>>
>>33500645
Go with the NPAP / M70, it will out-last the wasr (if taken care of at least minimally) and looks better (imo). But in terms of accessories yes it is a tad bit harder to find them but not hard at all.

(But make sure it's a gen 2 NPAP and not a gen 1, you can tell by the buttplate- if it's a rubber one it's a gen 1, if it's a grey-ish metal one, its a gen 2)
>>
File: bhiVtAS.jpg (121KB, 610x492px) Image search: [Google]
bhiVtAS.jpg
121KB, 610x492px
>>33500743
but thats wrong
>>
WASR for that busted ass east bloc Slav-war A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>33500671
There are 2 M70's that Zastava exports
The NPAP which OP is probably talking about because I haven't seen an OPAP in stores in a while. It has a standard AKM receiver, 1mm thick I think.
The OPAP has a bulged front trunnion & RPK style receiver, 1.5mm thick.
>>
>>33500743
I thought gen 1's had railed dust covers and that's how you told the difference. I have an OPAP I bought NIB in 2015 and it has a rubber buttpad but a regular dust cover
>>
If you're going to get anything Century, make sure EVERYTHING works and the sights are lined up correctly. I bought a WASR-10 with front sights that were canted slightly to the right. Otherwise, the gun ran fine. Also make sure you have a rifle with a stamped on serial number on it and not one that looks like it had it Dremeled on. Those are older models that are absolute garbage.
>>
File: AKMS Modernized.jpg (500KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
AKMS Modernized.jpg
500KB, 1632x918px
>>33500645
The Zastava will be overall much nicer made, but keep in mind it's not compatible with regular AKM furniture, if that's something you want to change on it, it will require specific Zastava compatible furniture (but it does exist, pic related).
>>
>>33500645
NPAPs have way better finish and the foregrip is a little longer, which is better if you have long arms

WASRs can be modded much easier

It really just depends on what you wanna do with the rifle. Performance wise they're pretty much the same.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.