[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-Defense Non-Lethal Tool?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 22875_xl.jpg (150KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
22875_xl.jpg
150KB, 1000x1000px
Hi /k/
What's the best Non-Lethal self-defence TOOL?
>Pepper Spray, Tazer, Batons and so on

Gun or even a knife would not be an option, because (((the law))) in my country.
>>
>>33498384
I'm a nofunz lurker but I would assume pepper spray. Don't be autistic and get bear spray either. Pepperspray is meant to incapacitate an individual whereas bear spray is meant to force a bear to retreat; it it much less potent than pepperspray.
>>
>>33498384
>self-defence

How much are we talking about?

Drunken people who try to fight or armed robbers?
>>
>>33498384
A gun loaded with only 9mm
>>
>>33498384
Which country? You may be able to carry tools (screwdriver or boxcutter, etc) and claim it was the only thing you had on you when you were attacked.

Also seconding that bear spray is less potent than police grade pepper spray (wildlife has lobbyists, rapists do not). Check the scoville rating to know the "hotness". Also check whether it is a stream/foam/gel/spray to make sure you don't mace yourself when deploying it.
>>
>>33498384
>Pepper Spray, Tazer, Batons

Tazers are useless.

Pepper spray can be pretty effective.

Expanible batons break easily.
>>
A Taser is probably the best.

However I am guessing that is out of your budget, so pepper spray is the next best option. However don't rely on one non-lethal measure, if you can carry around something like a small fixed blade knife too. Knives are useful for a lot of daily situations, and it doubles as a decent self defense tool if it becomes necessary.

I suggest a Mora knife, they're cheap but reliable little knives that actually come with little holsters.
>>
OP here

I just don't want the stupid situation where someone attacks me with anything and when I do a self-defence it backfires in court and I'm the one who is the bad guy lol.

I was just thinking about having something small always with me.

>>33498439
Thanks, I look into that!
>>
Look up your local laws regarding what you can carry or not, but also your self defense laws.

It will come down to a balance between what you are allowed to carry, what you are comfortable with, what you can actually use without getting into too much trouble and what you can afford.

If you tell us where you live some anons might be able to help you with the actual laws.
>>
stick a fuse in a tube and call it a pipe bomb, if they arrest you say you're muslim
>>
Heavy padlock tied to a bandana. Padlock in your pocket, bandana hanging out grab and go. Or a big ass 3D cell maglite....
>>
File: 20170330_122659.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_122659.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33498384
A rape whistle conveniently fastened to your book bag :)
>>
>>33498403

>Don't be autistic and get bear spray either. Pepperspray is meant to incapacitate an individual whereas bear spray is meant to force a bear to retreat; it it much less potent than pepperspray.

lol wut?

Bear spray is no less potent than human pepper spray, bears are just way more impervious to shit like that and react differently than a person would.

The difference is bear spray usually comes in a large canister and is more pressurized so it can spray a lot further, but don't kid yourself if you sprayed someone full out in the face with Counter Assault (or any of the other main stream bear sprays) they are going to be fucked up and could very well have trouble/stop breathing. That's the reason it says not for use on humans.

and tazers don't work for shit, especially if the attacker is fat and/or is wearing a heavy parka or jacket.
>>
File: Plain Round 20g-1.jpg (56KB, 690x680px) Image search: [Google]
Plain Round 20g-1.jpg
56KB, 690x680px
>>33498384
In addition to the weapons themselves, a small flashlight with a strobe feature. This is good at night, as you can disorient an attacker with it. If you get one of the tougher ones, you can strike with it.
>>33498528

Another thing is a steel bracelet, like the Sikhs carry. Normally it's just jewelry, but you can punch with it like brass knuckles- plausible deniability right there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_(Sikhism)

>>33498949
>Heavy padlock tied to a bandana
A lot of nogunz countries' police look out for this and/or have made it explicitly illegal, which is the downside.
>>
>>33498384
pepper spray is the best, what fucked up country outlaws pepper spray?
>>
File: 1389690808873.jpg (46KB, 604x323px) Image search: [Google]
1389690808873.jpg
46KB, 604x323px
>>33498973
was gonna say, just get a rape whistle.
>>
>>33498997
Kiwiland for sure.
>>
>>33498471
countries that are so cucked they dont allow non lethal self defense tools, are not going to allow you to fight back in self defense. they will penalize you for injuring the attacker . better to just get raped and beat and avoid the cycle of violence, in their eyes
>>
>>33498997
the uk??

plus if you attack some one who attacked you you can end up in jail
>>
>>33498994
Sihks are great. The five pillars are about always being prepared to defend themselves and present themselves well. Also, they hate Muslim and have been fighting them for ages.
>>
>>33498997
Canada does, unless you carry it in case of bears or dogs. OTOH, there's no blade length restrictions for knives in Canada- just make sure you are carrying it as a tool, not as a weapon.
>>
>>33498985
>and tazers don't work for shit, especially if the attacker is fat and/or is wearing a heavy parka or jacket.
Fat conducts electricity and the prongs can go through two inches of leather.
You're thinking of a "stun gun" which is not a Taser. Tasers work by overloading the CNS. Stun guns are just pain compliance which is shit. There are multitudes more instances of Tasers killing people than people resisting Tasers.
>>
>>33498484
>non lethal
>KNIFE
>>
>>33499235
>guy tries to rape your boipuccu
>cut his dick off and run away
Non-lethal solution.
>>
>>33499087
>can go through 2 inches of leather
>cannot go all the way through a quarter inch of live skin
Yeah nah
>>
>>33499087

Not that guy but in the US those terms are used interchangeably even if it's incorrect
>>
>>33498997
>live in the US
>state has constitutional permitless carry
>pepper spray illegal, tazers illegal, any "less lethal" device that isn't strictly melee illegal
My state really really wants only 1 person to walk away from confrontations
>>
Also be sure to practice your situational awareness if you don't already do.

Even if you were allowed to carry and use a machine gun with a 100 rounds belt for self defense, it would do you little good if you aren't watching your back and looking around for potential threats. Then you can react accordingly to avoid trouble. Carrying anything for defense shouldn't be a reason to go around looking for rouble, it should motivate you do do your darnest to not have to use it.
>>
File: turkey_vs_russia.jpg (136KB, 660x810px) Image search: [Google]
turkey_vs_russia.jpg
136KB, 660x810px
>>33498472
>Tazers are useless.
>Pepper spray can be pretty effective.

Is this bait
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.