[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I forgive them /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

File: They hurt me.png (262KB, 1239x815px) Image search: [Google]
They hurt me.png
262KB, 1239x815px
Feelings. buuut.... $9 per box.
>>
>>33496699
They cancelled my order, then pulled money out of my bank account AFTER cancelling it and still haven't refunded me.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/cci-blazer-brass-centerfire-9mm-luger-fmj-rn-115-grain-50-rounds?a=1594948

If you haven't shopped at Sportsmansguide before (or have someone whose card you can borrow to order and you can repay in cash) you can use code TAKEOFF20% to take 20% off your order with no minimum required.
>>
>>33496699
I've had nothing but good experiences with Midway. What's going on?
>>
>>33496699
Dude as much as it sucks i have yet to see a company stand buy orders when they fuck the pricing up.... Not a single one..
>>
File: 1489577494248.png (146KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
1489577494248.png
146KB, 223x223px
>>33496787
>Midway posts 5.56 for 167 dollars as the "for sale " price
>That price was supposed to be retail + a coupon code that took off 80 bucks
>it brought cans of 500 rounds of Federal 5.56 down to 100 bucks shipped
>people buy tens of thousands of rounds
>Midway says "lol no fuck you" and cancels all the orders
>I'm still waiting for my fucking refund and if it's not here by Monday I'm disputing the charge
>>
File: whoopsIburnedmycustomers.jpg (74KB, 562x500px) Image search: [Google]
whoopsIburnedmycustomers.jpg
74KB, 562x500px
>>33496699
good goy reap those carefully calculated "savings".
>>
>>33496778
>>33496699
spend the money on reloading equipment.

$125 is how much i spend on 1k 9mm rounds, and thats just because im lazy.
>>
>>33496699
You're retarded if you ever expected them to honor that obvious fuckup of a price on the .223. Their entire warehouse sold out in a few hours and now they're probably rushing to issue refunds.

I've seen it happen a few times and every time whiny cunts overrreact, stamp their feet, and scream how they'll never buy from that store again, only to do exactly what you're doing and break down the second something else they want goes on sale.

Just order it if you want it.
>>
>>33496815
>now they're probably rushing to issue refunds.
It's been almost a week and I'm still waiting for mine. And the money wasn't even pulled until after my order was already cancelled.
>>
>>33496823
You realize how many orders they got though, right? Plus, like probably everyone else I added one of those cheap hats to my order to lower the shipping cost, so they also have to cancel all those orders out of the system as well.

I also have a charge still on my card, but I'll give them a little more time before I start complaining.

The company I actually am mad it is Keepshooting, their website was slow due to some flash sale on ar mags a month or so ago and as I clicked order the page timed out, but I got a confirmation email AND talked to a CS rep and they all said it went through so I forgot about it. Well now that was weeks ago and I still don't have my mags and I still have a charge on my card. I contacted them, heard back once then never again. THAT pissed me off way more than this.
>>
>>33496778
Oooh, I didnt know about them. Bookmarked.

>>33496815
It was purchased in self defense!

>>33496790
>>33496823
Got my refund. Still closed the page. I was tempted. The wound is still too fresh.
>>
>>33496809
I think Midway not honoring an obvious mistake that people were attempting to take advantage of is totally fine

Getting a genuine good deal is a great thing and benefits everyone. On the other hand, feeling like it's your right to fuck over a company because you want to hoard ammo or expect something for nothing isn't ok.
>>
>>33496815
Depending on your state's laws, you might be able to force Midway to honor the original price, especially if they've already taken your money. Check your local AG's office.
>>
>>33496891
I'm not that autistic though. It was obviously a mistake and I never expected them to honor it.
>>
>>33496843
>The company I actually am mad it is Keepshooting, their website was slow due to some flash sale on ar mags a month or so ago and as I clicked order the page timed out, but I got a confirmation email AND talked to a CS rep and they all said it went through so I forgot about it. Well now that was weeks ago and I still don't have my mags and I still have a charge on my card. I contacted them, heard back once then never again. THAT pissed me off way more than this.

Yeah I mean, as soon as I get refunded I'll get over it. I guess I'm kind of used to this sort of thing when it comes to computer parts anyway. Remember when CTD cancelled a bunch of orders on 30rd mags during the Sandy Hook thing and told customers to buy them at the new price? kek
>>
>>33496891
They obviously refunded him if he ordered to begin with, hes being an austic crybaby on here because nothing else gives him joy
>>
>>33496814

how long does it take to reload a thousand rounds?
>>
>>33496937
Long enough that if it's costing him $125/thousand, he's better off from a purely financial perspective to just buy steelcase. If he enjoys it then that doesn't matter though.
>>
>>33496926
If you read the thread they did refund me for the correct amount. Just wasnt sure if I wanted to continue business with them. Muh free hat was lost man! I had dreams about that hat!
>>
File: dffd.jpg (16KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dffd.jpg
16KB, 640x640px
>>33496815
What really pissed me off wasn't the pricing mistake, charging customers, or taking forever to issue (sometimes incorrect) refunds.

I'm salty about how long the fake deal stayed up! They didn't take it down after like 18 FUCKING HOURS. At one point, it showed as OOS and I thought it was over, and then it went BACK IN STOCK. FFS.

This is why everyone took the b8 so hard and thought it was real. We all thought midway was a big and competent to remove pricing mistakes relatively quickly. Based on my experiences here, I have come to the conclusion that their personnel are completely inept.

Tell me, why would I ever order from them again? As far as I'm concerned, they're now cheaper-than-dirt tier.
>>
>>33496926
Yes, but he wasn't the only person affected. I was more referring to people like this guy >>33496823 who still haven't gotten their refund.
>>
>>33497246
Was this sale not happening on a Sunday? It's entirely possible everything about it was automated and nobody was there, so nobody noticed until the next day.
>>
>>33497246
>they're now cheaper-than-dirt tier

That was out and out jewery, this was run of the mill incompetence.
>>
>>33497246

>reneging on a mistake coupon is the same as charging 130 dollars for GI mags during sandy hook
>>
>>33497258
there were definitely people there. The first few people to order this "deal" got theirs shipped out actually.

>>33497261
>>33497299
>people salty at capitalism
Look, CTD can charge whatever they want, it is their right to. It exposed them for the greedy fucks that they are.

Midway left it up for almost an entire day. I saw screenshots of people ordering 200 cases. Nobody stopped it or took it down, they just kept on charging credit cards and not shipping anything. And then they marked it back in stock while doing so.

All I'm saying is that incompetence at this level is roughly equivalent to jewery, at least in my book. At least the people ordering that overpriced shit received what they paid for.
>>
File: 1489372457098.jpg (123KB, 1307x554px) Image search: [Google]
1489372457098.jpg
123KB, 1307x554px
>>33497361
They got the "shipped" notification from the automated system that auto-prints shipping labels/tracking #s but I think their orders got recalled or never sent out. I know mine shows up as "Returned" on my user page.

Although there was at least one person who drove down there himself to pick it up and managed to get the deal.

>tfw I don't go to Mizzou anymore and couldn't just drive to their home building and pick it up.
>>
>>33497361
>Look, CTD can charge whatever they want, it is their right to.

It kind of goes into a gray area when they not only price gouged (which is fair, shitty but fair) but also recalled peoples orders and told them to buy it at the new price.
>>
>>33497246
it didn't help that their customer service was saying the deal was legit when people contacted them to ask if it was.
>>
>large online company has a glaringly obvious technical error
>hundreds of Dipshit hoarders try to exploit company by ordering tens of thousands of rounds(so they can sell them during the next scare hehehe)
>Company is forced to choose between losing hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales from a computer error to appease hoarder shitfucks or be sane and cancel the orders along with giving refunds
>There a actually people so shitty they will openly complain about not being bankrupt a company(made up of mostly nice people) and price gouge gun enthusiasts during the next gun scare
>>
>>33497594
It would have been a decent middle ground if they had said they'll fulfill orders up to one or two cans because it was their mistake though.
>>
>>33497614

senpai the profit margins on ammunition has to be tiny, they are not going to lose thousands of dollars just to appease people who bought into something that was too good to be true
>>
>>33497614
>It would have been a decent middle ground if they had said they'll fulfill orders up to one or two cans because it was their mistake though.

No it would not be a nice middle ground you fucking spergtard. midway is right to cancel every fucking order they can and issue refunds.

>Somebody fucked up a page on our website
>hey a bunch of assfucking hoarders/scalpers are trying to assfuck us
>Ok let's give them all a few hundred dollars worth of goods for less than we paid to reward them for trying to fuck us

What fucking planet do you live on? I swear a good percentage of the firearms community seems to be so fucking retarded you all should be banned from owning guns.
>>
>>33496699
Let me remind you where you are
>never forgive
>never forget
>>
>>33497594
FUCKING. THIS.
>>
File: 1486871657162.png (415KB, 704x484px) Image search: [Google]
1486871657162.png
415KB, 704x484px
>>33497804
>hey a bunch of assfucking hoarders/scalpers are trying to assfuck us

>tfw personal financial situation shit the bed the past year and wanted a case of cheap ammo with which to plink and feel less depressed

Y-you too.

Not mad at midway though, business is business.
>>
File: 1490376967496.jpg (3MB, 2413x2616px) Image search: [Google]
1490376967496.jpg
3MB, 2413x2616px
>>33497879
If you want cheap plinking ammo just buy steel. The sale price of that can was pretty much the current going rate for Tula or Wolf.

If you aren't going to reload, and your gun can run steel, just go with steel.
>>
still haven't received my money back from Midway either. i'm considering giving customer support an earful on monday morning.
>>
>>33497982
>yelling at some schmuck on the phone for something that isn't really their fault

Just put in a dispute with your bank, show them the email that your order was cancelled and let the bank deal with corporate for you.
>>
>>33497982
I'm in the same boat. I'm sending them an email right now.

"It has been a full business week since you backed out on my order, canceling it on me. I have been watching my credit card and I have not yet been refunded after YOUR error. The total amount is $127.00, return number 33xxxxxx original order number 33xxxxxx. I want my money back in a timely manner or the products I paid for. If you are incapable or refuse to refund my money by March 5th, I will be disputing the charge and reporting you to any and all applicable sources."

Also, check out their better business bureau rating. 68% negative reviews. Pretty fun.
>>
>>33496814
and how much is your time worth? i guess if you are unemployed and have no other way of income sure. but most of us can just buy 1k of 9mm for $169 shipped, without spending an entire day or more making it
>>
>>33497822
Let me remind you
>Larry did nothing wrong
>>
>>33498041
that was nice of you to give them almost an entire year to refund your money
>>
>>33498041
ITT: Autists angry that Midway wouldn't take huge losses on an error that led to half price on an extremely low margin product do their very best to hurt a reputable pillar of the gun community anyway.

It's like a swarm of autistic locusts.
>>
>>33497614
> nice middle ground
Business isn't about nice, it's about staying in business. Obviously they felt they couldn't afford the hit and knew the intentions of the people who were buying as a whole weren't exactly above board, i.e. everyone knew this was a mistake and wanted to take advantage of it, and made a decision based on the two. So yes it would have been nice, and as a business owner I may have thought about it but with a slump going and the already thin profit margins on ammo I can see how this decision was made. I won't hold this against them as long as it doesn't become a pattern.
>>
>>33498061
If you have a progressive or even turret press it takes all of two hours at most.
>>
>>33498020
This. The guy who answers the phone didn't make the mistake and probably isn't in a position to fix it. They're there to help the customers they can, not get sperged on for things that are out of their control. They get shit on enough by fudds who need someone to get their frustrations on enough they don't need to be sperged on too.
>>
>>33498041
Of course they have a 68% negative rating with the BBB, no one goes to the BBB unless they're complaining, idiot.
>>
>>33498081
Wew, that would have been fun. Glad I didn't send that in yet
>>
>>33497879
>my finances are fucked
>let me go fuck Midway's because ???
>>
>>33498137
i guess if you dont care about safety, but realistically if you are smart you are going to be double checking your cartridge lengths at the end and measuring everything before putting it in your "shooitng" pile to make sure there are no fuckups

dont get me wrong, reloading is great. but for just blasting 9mm at the range, its not worth my time. maybe its worth yours, just think about it

$165 shipped to your door

http://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-or-wpa/1000-rounds-9mm-luger-115-grain-fmj-steel-case-wolf-wpa-polyformance-or-military
>>
>>33498178
>im literally retarded
Do all you guns have chamber flags with ammo in another safe?
>>
>>33498162
>writes a strongly worded letter
>saves draft, doesnt send it
>comes to shitpost on k showing the strongly worded letter you "sent" company

kek i probably would have done the same thing
>>
>>33496699
plus shipping
>>
>>33498178
http://www.markvii-loading.com/Mark-7-650-PRO-Autodrive_p_39.html
>>
>>33498020
who said i was going to yell? i'm going to very strongly advise them to return my money or ship my product, otherwise I will report them to my credit card company for fraud.
>>
>>33498189
>I'm sending them an email right now
>sending
>implying in process
>>
>>33498199
>>33498216

Why the fuck do you think they're not already in the process of doing just that? Do you think if you call up and cry to them on the phone like a faggot they'll move you up in the line of people they're refunding or something?

If you can't afford to go a few days without access to whatever amount of money you spent on this ammo, you shouldn't have ordered that much in the first place.

I'm so fucking glad my job doesn't involve customer service, because I'd get fired for screaming at retards like you after about an hour.
>>
>>33498176
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>33498238
Thanks. Because you obviously knew you were fucking them by ordering at that price.
>>
>>33498256
>Implying that was me here >>33497879
>>
>>33498270
Well shit. Guess I have to kill myself now.
>>
>>33498216
>i'm considering giving customer support an earful

That usually implies you're doing autistic screeching about how you've been wronged and will never shop there again.
>>
>>33498233
Refunds take a couple days max. Not only are they holding my money interest-free, it is against the policy of most credit card companies to bill the card before you ship.
>>
>>33496699
I've got a 350rnd pack sitting next to me, the ammo works.
>>
>>33498315

Normal refunds, when there aren't hundred or thousands of them, almost all with extra things like hats thrown in that complicate the process, might get done in a couple of days.

If you're really this upset about this, when everyone but you saw it coming from a mile away, just call your credit card company and have them cancel the payment.

I don't see how you can get through life if you're chimping out over something like this. How much did you order?
>>
>>33498338
>almost all with extra things like hats thrown in

they canceled all the orders outright. the extra stuff has no bearing on the rapidity of the refund
>>
>>33498338
>being a corporate apologist

If I had Midway's money for a week, you can bet they would be charging me interest.
>>
I refuse to order from midway about 95% of the time. They just happen to sell left-handed stuff cheaper than anyone else so when I need something specific I go there.
>>
>>33498338
>Amazon can somehow refund me and thousands of customers within 2 days every day
>Midway can't refund a few hundred people within a week
>>
>>33497982
>>33498041
>Idiots that don't understand how debit cards work

MIDWAY IS NOT "HOLDING YOUR MONEY" YOU FUCKING DIPSHITS, WHEN YOU MAKE AN ELECTRONIC TRANSACTION YOUR MONEY DOESNT IMMEDIATELY GO TO THE PERSON YOU PAID. WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT YOUR BANK WILL AUTOMATICALLY HOLD A SUM OF MONEY EQUAL TO THE COST OF YOUR TRANSACTION AND THE COMPANY HAS A SET PERIOD OF TIME TO FINALIZE THE TRANSACTION WITH YOUR BANK AND THE MONEY YOUR BANK HELD IS ELECTRONICALLY DEPOSITED IN THE SELLERS FUCKING ACCOUNT WHEN THE SELLERS ACCOUNTING DEPT PAYS OUT ITS OPEN ORDERS. MIDWAY IS NOT "GIVING REFUNDS" ALL THEY ARE DOING IS NOT FINALIZING THE TRANSACTION THROUGH YOUR BANK AND YOUR BANK WILL AUTOMATICALLY RELEASE THE FUNDS THEY WERE HOLDING BACK INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.

MANY BANKS WOULDN'T GIVE YOU A "REFUND" ANY FASTER IF MIDWAY CONTACTED THEM ABOUT THE CANCELED ORDER, FUNDS ARE AUTOMATICALLY HELD FOR A SET PERIOD OF TIME, A STANDARD HOLD TIME IS 1 TO 3 WEEKS.

Grown men that don't even grasp the basics of their own money, fuck.
>>
>>33498436
My bank clearly denotes "Pending" and "Completed" transactions. My transaction went from Pending to Completed after Midway already cancelled my order and I do not have any pending transactions showing that money coming back to me.
>>
File: colonel_klink.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
colonel_klink.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>33498436
>"Idiots that don't understand how debit cards work"
>talks about how credit cards work
>>
>>33498430
got my money refunded in 3 days
>>
>>33498455
>I'm a fucking manchild and mommy keeps the govt debit card my autism bucks go on

How many rounds did you order?
>>
>>33498178
Not everyone wants to use bottom of the barrel ammo. Its fairly easy to load match grade ammo for almost steel case prices. You get more than your moneys worth by reloading if youre a precision or high volume shooter, even with extremely common and cheap calibers like 9mm, .223, and .308
>>
>>33498650
>Its fairly easy to load match grade ammo for almost steel case prices.
this is a load of bullshit. whenever people claim this it turns out they bought thousands of primers decades ago for 1 cent each and have a massive stockpile of powder from the same time. then they cast all their bullets with lead they got for free from a tire shop. the guy trying to get started now buying individual components at current market prices comes nowhere close to almost steel cased prices.
>>
>tfw you retards actually thought you'd get away with it
Now you're getting mad that you couldn't rip them off, you deserve to jump through hoops to get your money back.
>>
>>33498730
I am a guy who just recently started reloading and you absolutely can load damn good ammo for prices between steel case and the cheapest brass case. Even cheaper if you cast your own bullets.
>>
>>33498730
First it was time, then safety, now price. Time is bullshit, it doesn't take very long to do 500-1000 rds with a decent setup, safety wise with even a modicum of common sense it's easier to make your small batch as safe if not safer than a factor that manufactures .5 to 1 million rounds a day. Price deserves it's own sentence, the reloader can RELOAD his previous loads even 2 or 3 times how that for value proposition after the initial load you can subtract the cost of the brass and average it out. 3k reloaded home loads vs 3k bought steel, no fucking contest.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.