[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think about this rare french beauty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1.jpg (583KB, 1012x411px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
583KB, 1012x411px
What does /k/ think about this rare french beauty?
>>
>>33494474
An ugly as fuck no-name pinfire revolver?
Shit.

Buy some ammo somewhere and try it out.
>>
File: 2.jpg (629KB, 1024x497px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
629KB, 1024x497px
>>33494474
Don't be trolly now, it's an old charming piece of history
>>
>>33494474
Makes you wonder who dropped it and ran away from a fight.
>>
Steampunk-ariffic!
>>
The grip doesn't look utterly awful.
>>
File: 3.jpg (410KB, 986x363px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
410KB, 986x363px
>>33495151
The grip is surprisingly ergonomic actually
>>
File: Gass70n.jpg (8KB, 600x317px) Image search: [Google]
Gass70n.jpg
8KB, 600x317px
>>33494474
That looks like someone threw a Gasser M1870 revolver in the oven and forgot to take it out
>>
>>33495413
LoL anon cmon have nothing to do with Gasser it is Lefaucheaux
>>
File: 4.jpg (848KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
848KB, 1024x640px
More photos for more details
>>
>>33495572
>it is Lefaucheaux

The 1854 Lefaucheaux does not have a ring trigger
>>
>>33496299
Any distinguishable markings?

Look on the left/right front of the frame
Top, cylinder etc
>>
>>33494474
>What does /k/ think about this rare french beauty?

This is an extremely rare and interesting gun.

What makes you think it is French?
>>
It's crazy how little metal there is on the cylinders of some pinfire revolvers.
>>
>>33496723
>It's crazy how little metal there is on the cylinders of some pinfire revolvers.

sign it is an early one.

I can't find anything like it. The pipe cylinders an ring trigger with the log barrel.

My gut tells me this is worth money
>>
>>33496758
yeah ok anon but it's a pinfire revolver, literally every gunsmith made these in the 1860s and just because it has 'unique' features that some nameless gunsmith thought were cool, doesn't mean it's worth more than like $150
>>
Saw a bunch of really weird shit like that at the gunshow today. Bunch of old guns I couldn't even identify. Some of the cool stuff included

>star mega star $500
>Vz52
> $40000 in Pythons in one case
>Gnatsi marked Mauser Hsc
>USP with tritium and light LEM not marked as such thus $475
>bunch of AMTs. Automat II, hardballer, backups
>Astra A-80
>Colt Troopers out the Ass
> $2200 Mk23
>Tons of awesome Mildura
>AES10B, Israeli FAL + Sported FALS
>huge HK sale
>.444 Marlin handi-rifle
>tons of cowboy guns
>only 1 taser and maybe 2 tables with ARS

Pretty good turnout this weekend honestly. I was supposed to have $1200 to blow time my roommate fucked me over
>>
>>33499265
my condolences, anything in particular you were eyeing up?
>>
>>33494474
It is interesting. Where did you get it?
>>
>>33494474
nice Pinfire OP
>>
>>33494474
>Oh dang we forgot the trigger gaurd
>I know, how about putting it directly on the trigger?
>Why hasn't any though of this before!
>Via la France!
>>
>>33499292
Few things I definitely would have walked out with, besides that Mega Star for lulz.

Dan Wesson 15 that had to be an 8" barrel or so + shoulder holster that was a little rough but was under $600

Two tone USP40C and a 9 tactical.
Pretty nice P99c and a 92F police
Beretta 84f to replace my BDA
Few nice M1 Carbines, an RDB, speed and security six. Pretty decent looking SVT40.

My real weakness are the old mistreated guns that are cheap and in need of a good home because I love to tinker. Found an old rust covered, pitted 16g break action, an I've Johnson 32 missing the grips, a few odd .22s and other worn IJs, a SW 6906 parts gun. Oh and a Luger with acrylic grips
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.