[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are over under shotguns the tell tale sign of a Fudd?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (93KB, 1037x778px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 1037x778px
Are over under shotguns the tell tale sign of a Fudd?
>>
>>33494324
Nigger do you even trap shoot?
>>
No, it's the tell tale sign of a fowler.
>>
>>33494324
no, it's the tell-tale sign of an absolute sick cunt
>>
>>33494324
>>33494365
>>33494371
OP, there's your two answers. Now neck yourself.
>>
File: W4057a__25051.jpg (33KB, 1020x299px) Image search: [Google]
W4057a__25051.jpg
33KB, 1020x299px
Winchester 101 is one of the most beautiful, functional shotguns I've ever fired.
>>
For any kind of fowl hunting aside from water fowl over-unders are the best. Same for trap/skeet.
>>
>>33494430
the old 101's are good. the new ones are fucking ugly and clunky.
>>
>>33494324
It's the telltale sign of someone who shoots clays.
>>
>>33494324

these have put food on the table of many
>>
>>33494324
What is the benefit of over under vs double barreled?
>>
>>33494482
Both barrels on the same sight plane.
>>
>>33494324
>tell tale sign of a trap shooter
>tell tale sign of an upland game hunter
>tell tale sign of someone who enjoys aesthetic
>>
File: 0331171810.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0331171810.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
got to work on this beauty today.
>>
>>33494482
Over/Under guns tend to be more heavily built and solid. They are made mostly to shoot clay and they are built to put a LOT of rounds though in a day. All that weight makes the recoil sweet and mellow out of them, but it makes them a bitch to carry around all day if you are in the woods or wetlands hunting.

I prefer a side by side, but a huge part of that is asthetics.
>>
>>33494501
is the bottom barrel angled or offset? otherwise i dont see how thats possible, it will always shoot lower than the top barrel.

a SxS will always shoot a bit to the left or right, it is just preference it seems. im sure some people have an easier time holding right or left than over a target they cant see anymore because its obstructed by the barrel
>>
>>33494463
This one was made in 1966, IIRC.
>>
>>33494555
no that is a brand new gun. it's a Beretta 690 Sporting Black edition.
>>
>>33494430
My dad just gave his away to his friend. I never got to shoot it.
>>
>>33494324
Is not liking over under shotguns the tell tale sign of a faggot?
>>
>>33494550
SxS shotguns are usually set up so the shot intersects at around 40 feet.
>>
>>33494596
is that how overunders are set up too? i dont own either so dont know anything about them
>>
>>33494672
Nah. O/U shotguns are usually both set on the same sight plain and let the shooter compensate for the up and down. It's really not a big deal. However, on S/S shotguns it's tricky because your left barrel shoots far right and vice versa if you're reaching out.
>>
>>33494365
>Nigger do you even trap shoot?
I've shot in a trap a few times.
>>
>>33495097
Was his boipussi cute?
>>
>>33494546

Sorry, no. Although it might depend on where you live. Here in Europe the o/u is the default bird hunting weapon, as well as the default skeet shooter. We have the pump type as well but they never caught on in the same way. Older hunters might have a s/s but hunting is everyman's hobby, not a snobbish elite. England might be the exception.
>>
More like the telltale sign of shit-taste, poverty, and lack of skill.
>>
>>33496420
>never caught on
Pumps and even semi-autos have been around for a lot longer than O/Us.
>>
Why does it seem like theres no o/u with a double trigger? Is there an advantage to a single trigger that i dont see?
>>
>>33496450
There's this wonderful thing called a single selective trigger. You can switch which barrel you want to fire first, which negates the need for double triggers.
>>
>>33496464
I guess it makes sense for sport shooting where you know he order of the birds. I dont think o/u are that popukar fr hunting these days so i suppose a dluble trigger doesnt offer to many advantages for the market.
>>
>>33494324
>Fowling
>Skeet

Fuck off autist.
>>
>>33496449

Yes. Even so they were rarely encountered in my country even before o/u became the norm.
>>
>>33496450

My Baikal o/u has two triggers.
>>
>>33496493
That's not what the selective trigger is for...
It's so you can select which barrel to shoot first, because they are young to have different chokes in them, modifying the pattern. Generally people will want to shoot bottom barrel first but if you need to use your top barrel's choke you just flip the switch
>>
>>33494324
My O/U is my favorite gun and I'm far from being a fudd, so fuck you.
>>
>>33496450

Common on older ones.
Mine is from the 30-40s and has double triggers.
>>
>>33496441
>More like the telltale sign of shit-taste, poverty, and lack of skill.
explain pls
>>
>>33496441
>poverty
The absolute cheapest O/U you can get is like twice the price of a SKS.
>>
>>33497000

On the other hand, if you can hit a grouse midflight with an SKS you have my deepest respect.
>>
>>33497273
Comparing the price of an O/U to the one of a pump action shotgun would've been a better way to put it.
>>
sign of a clay killer, Beretta 687 EELL reporting in.
>>
A better question is, other than poverty, why would anyone should a sxs?
>>
>>33496441
But OU and SxS shotguns are expensive guns
>>
does anyone know of some decent not custom o/u combo guns? I've only been able to find savage, baikal, and a discontinued CZ brno
I'm looking specifically for a 12ga/,223 that can take a 22wmr insert
>>
>>33499670
I was originally looking for a 12ga smoothbore over 20ga rifled, but I think that falls into the custom order only category
>>
>>33499670

German hunters used to have a thing for combos and triple barrels. So there were some good German brands. But what with stricter European gun laws and so so I guess the market folded. Still, you may look into Suhl. Or Blaser.
>>
>>33499897
thanks man, that just opened a bunch of doors I was looking for
>>
>>33499670
valmet, Like a Remington/Krieghof model 32 but sold in lots of O/U combinations. usually sell for reasonable prices
>>
>>33499983

Can confirm that. Valmets are good quality, and compared with Baikals they are lighter and a bit more compact. Decent finish; simple just like the Baikal but you can see the quality difference when you hold them. And I like my Baikal.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.