[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you see weapons as tools, or an extension of yourself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Joji vs Flint.webm (3MB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
Joji vs Flint.webm
3MB, 750x420px
Do you see weapons as tools, or an extension of yourself?
>>
Yes.
>>
Weapons are a means to an end.
That end being violence.
>>
>>33494047
Thus a tool. Let me elaborate on what I meant

>The gun is connected to the soul; evil soul, evil gun
vs
>This is the thing I pick up and use to shoot people or things
>>
>>33493988
I've got an unjustifiable sense of animism when it comes to weapons. I can't help but feel that the amount of care and trust a person puts into a weapon can cause it to develop the barest facsimile of a soul. A gun that's been around for a while, stuck with a single owner or his family might gain a bit more from each cleaning, each loving caress on the buttstock, each time a person puts their faith in that weapon, it grows a little bit more spark. Whereas some ghetto blaster hi-point that's been used and tossed eleven times has no soul to it at all.

Ships and planes though? The amount of care and believe and faith that goes into them? Some of those have some real fire to them. I visited Vietnam once with my dad, going back across some old battlefields. We visited one of the government museums, filled with bullshit propaganda mostly, but interesting nonetheless. The part that stuck with me, though was a Sandy Skyraider they'd captured at some point. I still don't get why it struck me, but I honestly felt something from that plane. Sadness, embarrassment, a sense of resentment. It's like she wanted to dare those bragging commie fucks to put her back into the air, see how smug they were about her capture when she had fire under her wings.

I'd never believed that kind of thing before, and I still have no justification for why I do. But after that I promised myself I wouldn't abandon a weapon to a useless death if I could help it. I just feel like they deserve to be used, kept and loved for the protection and joy they bring us.

Fuck typing that out makes me feel like a faggot.
>>
File: IMG_1137 copy.jpg (957KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1137 copy.jpg
957KB, 1600x1200px
>>33493988
As extensions of my tool.
>>
>>33494280
Don't worry, anon, I like it.
>>
>>33493988
I see weapons similar to how some people see a very special piece of clothing or jewelry. I also see them as usable works of art
>>
File: soul edge.jpg (20KB, 500x169px) Image search: [Google]
soul edge.jpg
20KB, 500x169px
>>33493988
it would have to be very well balanced
>>33494076
>evil soul, evil gun
I have felt that
but only when I handled an ak
the moment I lifted it up something about it just fits
it was all too easy
>>
>>33493988
I see myself as an extension of my penis.
>>
>>33493988
That was an incredibly shitty fight scene, why would you even post that?
>>
>>33493988
My hands are tools.
They're also an extension of myself.

Guns are tools.
They're also an extension of myself.

Simply put, I view them as both (though more one way or the other depending on the gun)
>>
>>33493988
>Do you see weapons as tools, or an extension of yourself?

They have their own personalities.
>>
>>33494418
Because samurai vs. pirate has some novelty to it and I didn't have a better image.
>>
>>33494280
Very well said.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.