[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25th century /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

>ITT: We talk about 20th and 21st century weapons and armor the way people talk about 15th and 16th century weapons and armor.

21st century western armor was the most worthless shit ever. These big, clunky suits weighed as much as 100lbs, and were so unwieldy that soldiers needed assistants to get into them, and had to be lifted into their humvees with a crane.

Look at this historical depiction of typical 21st century armor. You can see just by looking at it how little mobility he has, and how slowly he has to walk to get anywhere in it. A soldier wearing this armor could never hope to outrun their lighter opponents, and would be helpless if they needed to retreat. The weight also meant that they were easily bogged down in mud, and were in constant danger of being baked alive in their suits if exposed to too much heat.

The helmet, while providing some protection from light weapons of the day, also completely removed their peripheral vision, allowing them to be easily flanked and blindsided by lighter, more agile opponents. If pushed onto their backs, 21st century soldiers would be completely helpless, as they could not stand themselves back up on their own and would end up rolling around on their backs like turtles.

The worst part is though that they weren't even that great of protection. Tanks of the day could easily blast through the armor, and there were small gaps at the shoulders and joints that could be shot through, resulting in horrific deaths for the men inside.

It's honestly baffling that these suits stayed in use so long when they were so clearly useless, but they do explain how the United States and other western powers lost so many of their important battles in the late 20th and early 21st century.
>>
>>33492892
>15th and 16th century weapons and armor.

you entire post is autism singularity, sad thing you actually put so much effort to post this
>>
>>33492892
>depicted in numerous interactive historical documentaries such as Call of Battle, Dutyfield, and Honor in Arms.
>>
File: 534252345.jpg (29KB, 308x460px) Image search: [Google]
534252345.jpg
29KB, 308x460px
>>33492892
>Tanks of the day could easily blast through the armor,
Tanks? AK762 could easily shot through these armors from 3000 yards. Of course such shoots required certain amount of skill (like soviet conscripts who were trained with arms everyday starting in schools). BTW desolation of USSR is a main reason why AK started for fall out of favor despite its huge range and power, as other countries could not afford such amount of training to use AK762 properly.
>>
>>33493088
>not realizing that's the joke, the same way people assume all medieval battles were nothing but guys in full plate armor
>>
>>33492892
Oh wow, this thread again.

OP why dont you just take a fucking history class in stead of sucking dicks for once in your life
>>
>>33493158
Of course not. Only warfighters could afford armor. This is who did the fighting. Other 90%, POGs they were called had no armor. They provided logistical support for warfighters.
>assistants to get into them, and had to be lifted into their humvees with a crane.
>>
File: c6b8d863f4911c5ba38f5cbc113a91bc.jpg (459KB, 1280x809px) Image search: [Google]
c6b8d863f4911c5ba38f5cbc113a91bc.jpg
459KB, 1280x809px
>>33492892
Nigga you fucking stupid, most body armor weighs from 20-50 lbs, especially of the late 20th, early 21st century.

This is so fucking stupid, it's just like, UH! I bet you think every soldier carried a M107 .50 cal into battle too. Just why. The common soldier weapon of assault rifles, LMGs, MMGs, and the occasional rocket launcher to counter armor. Maybe the occasional shotgun or handgun as a back up.

>most contemporary rounds can't penetrate armor

Fucking plebs. Wait till I tell all my buddies at the neo-Victorian nanonites club about this. They'll have a praise at the mythical beast that is kek.
>>
File: 2314234213.jpg (450KB, 1024x661px) Image search: [Google]
2314234213.jpg
450KB, 1024x661px
>>33493233
>cigarette
>>
>>33493202
>only warfighters could afford armor

Pffft, most that partook in these wars were paid by their governments. The POGs were back line supporters who rarely ever partook in the battle.

I bet you think that the mega-corporations sought for the war on terrorism too.

>all these plebs who think that capitalism and the who partook in it were all an organized group
>not a congealed mob
>>
>>33493300
Aye, not all of my youth years have left me. The crash wasn't fun. Funny how a book so ahead of it's time was so predicting. Well, most of it anyways, he's half black guy with a sword, I'm half white guy with a shotgun.

>inb4 lol racemixer
>still being worried about genome when we have GMH abilities
>>
>>33493359
Cigarettes can't be used in public spaces and according to Smith v. Maryland, 442 U.S. 735 all space within visual range of electronic devices is public space.
>>
>>33493513
I thought that was just DNR.
>>
>>33493874
Funny how things turned out, isn't? :^)
>>
File: EF9Ogs0.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
EF9Ogs0.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>33493960
What a bright future.
>>
File: surrendertank.jpg (206KB, 600x790px) Image search: [Google]
surrendertank.jpg
206KB, 600x790px
>>33492892

This is the best OP I've seen in years.
>>
>>33493233
Is that Norman Reedus?
>>
>>33492914
If you want serious talk, go to a serious forum. This place is a happy balance between jokes, shit posting, anger, and maybe one or two serious posts.
>>
>>33494096
Merci surrender tank! Honhonhonhonhonhon
>>
>>33492892
>inb4 other connected shit up the thread with hurr durr projectiles > auto-plasmas
It's like they don't grasp electric ammunition
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.