[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reloading General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Do any of you anneal? Thinking of building an annealer to keep my brass nice for longer. I'm not making wildcats but may convert 5.55 to memeout in the future.

>pic related is wet tumbled range brass.
>>
>>33491285
If you are just making 300 meme and 5.56 I wouldn't bother, since brass is effectively free for those rounds. If you shoot something where you have to buy your brass, it is worth it.
>>
>>33491285
Just get a resistor and some wires and run an electrical current through them on a non-flammable surface.
>>
>tfw your tuffnut dust gets everywhere again
>>
>>33491387
Tuff nut is a scam. Don't buy that shit.
>>
>>33491480
Won't ever do so again, only did because the elder fudd in our club told me so.
>tumble brass
>lube cases
>cases are now covered in a sticky red slush, certain to color anyhting you touch
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33491502
That red shit is rust. Jeweler's rouge, which is powdered rust.

Get a HF rock tumbler. The shit is amazing.
Decap
Wet tumble
Dry
Lube 200 cases in 10 seconds with home brew Dillon case lube
Size/trim/swage/whatever you do for prep
Finish tumble in dry media with cap full of car wax to polish and remove case lube.
You will have the nicest brass ever. The pin tumbling cleans primer pockets and flash holes really well.
>>
What's the threshold for reloading .300 Win Mag to be cost effective?
I don't shoot it a whole lot so I was wondering.
>>
I've got a salt pot setup at school; going to use it at 500C for 6-8 seconds to dip the necks in I think. Got 6.5CM, 338LM, and 458Lott to do so it'll be worth it.

I'd like to get a tumbler and some steel pins at some point. Wanna get dat shiny brass.
>>
Does anyone use an ultrasonic cleaner instead of a tumbler?
Better or worse?
What sort of medium do you use?
>>
>>33492520
I use both. I throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner which works great for getting crap/carbon off of the cases. Dry them in an old food dehydrator i got at a garage sale. The finish is gross though. After I do case prep, I tumble off all of the lube/chaff from case prep. Works for me. Jewelry cleaners are generally cheaper than "case cleaners" even though they're the same thing just because gun stuff is always more expensive. One thing that I would recommend is that whatever ultrasonic cleaner you buy, make sure it has a long enough timer. Mine only goes for 8 minutes at a time and its a pain to always have to walk out and start the cycle again.
>>
>>33491715
you shoot more for the same price.
High upfront cost with reloading but long run it saves money. 300 win mag is $23 a box of 20. reloading with reused brass will be about 50c per round roughly.
>>
>>33492520
I use both as well. I use the ultrasonic to clean off all the carbon and shit form the range, and then use a tumbler to clean off the sizing lube and polish the cases to a shine. Media for the tumbler is Zilla Desert Blend Lizard Litter with a little Nu Finish. I also make my own ultrasonic cleaning solution. 3 parts water, 1 part cleaning vinegar, a few drops of dish soap, and a pinch of salt. After cleaning, I then rinse the cases in a solution of water and little baking soda.

>>33492576
> even though they're the same thing
> this
The ultrasonic cleaner at Harbor Freight is the same as the Lyman ultrasonic cleaner.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.