[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Do I Get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Hey K i'm about to get a large sum of money and I figure I'll use some of it to buy a gun that'd I want. I was thinking of an M107A1 or something because my uncle has a M82A3 but we rarely shoot it. I want something to shoot long range with for either precise shooting or fun. Do you guys have any suggestions? I feel like the M107's a bit over priced, but I may be retarded. I'll spend 10,000 max on the rifle.
>>
Decide if you actually want to get into long range shooting and if you've got the land & time to do so. You'll pretty much need to reload.

Get a 6.5CM and shoot it to see if you want to get into long range shooting. I'm not saying to avoid a fifty because "you have to work your way up to it" or some rite of passage shit, it's just not something you'll get good with. Get some decent optics (Vortex razor/PST's, Nightforce, Swarwovski, etc.). $10K isn't all that much for the long range game when you start talking about anything beyond the 338 Lapua, even including that sometimes.

Btw, semi-auto 50's are pretty poor on the accuracy department.
>>
>>33490876
Why get something that cost a ton to shoot. Get a reasonably priced gun, and get ammo.
>>
>>33490876
Also you can get a Swedish K for 12000.
>>
>>33490980
Alternatively, if you want to say 'fuck you' to me, you can get a DT HTI or a Sako TRG M10 and have a bad ass rifle.
>>
>>33490980
2nd'ing this. Making an accurate .50 either requires a nice bolt gun or some exotic setup that will easily exceed 10k in terms of cost. The barret rifles, while nice, were never super accurate weapons.
>>
Give Accuracy International a call.
>>
>>33491007
A Sako is cool.
Or a AI AWM or something.
Or an Intervention.
Or an SSG08.
>>
>>33491007
Not OP but I'm stashing my pennies for the HTI. I just find it to be a sexier rifle than the M95
>>
>>33490876
What about a PSG1?
>>
>>33490876
Consider getting a legal MG instead.
>>
>>33490876
SSG 2000/3000's are nice.
>>
>>33491049
I know it's know where near the same for accuracy but I have a PTR-91 built out like a PSG
>>
>>33490980
Barrett rifles aren't impressively precise because they aren't precision rifles.
>>
>>33491198
I know. It is still fairly impressive that they can be a 2-3MOA gun with the recoil/barrel system that they have.
>>
If your after fun, get a .50 and open a local IT recycling business, people will literally give you stuff to blow to pieces, should you have the land.
>>
>>33490876
Yes get it. Demolition ranch has a cideo comparing the .50cals has good info. The m107a1 is much more pleasant to shoot in my personal experience. Feels like a 308 vs m82 feels like a .50cal cannon.
>>
>>33490876
Better to get something practical. AR15 with under barrel M60
>>
A custom rifle in 6XC
>>
>>33491415
this
>>
>>33490876

I'd buy something used that's going to appreciate in value. A snowflake gun of some kind that you'll still enjoy shooting.

Or, put a down payment on an investment property. Set the mortgage payment low, then get a management company to fill it with renters. Then buy normal guns at greater frequency.
>>
>>33490876
I'd just buy a very decent long range rig, maybe a reloading setup and save the rest depending on how much it is if I were you m80
>>
107 is inaccurate af. Get a tac 50
Bolt action best action
>>
OP here what do you guys think of the MRAD inn .338 or 6.5?
>>
>>33492094
Personally I don't like bolt action rifles that look like semi-autos but performance seems breddy gud
>>
>>33490876
psg-1
>>
>>33492094
Would be an awesome setup. Throw a vortex razor gen 2 4.5-27 ebr2C on and you'd be golden.
>>
>>33490876

Be like me and buy a Dragunov.

Buy a Norinco Dragunov.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.