[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm about to inherit pic related from my late WWII veteran

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: k-date-luger.jpg (48KB, 770x489px) Image search: [Google]
k-date-luger.jpg
48KB, 770x489px
So I'm about to inherit pic related from my late WWII veteran grandfather, he apparently found it on a dead German in the Bulge.

I have practically no experience with owning guns, and my time shooting has all been in the Boy Scouts (black powder rifles, .22 caliber rifles, shotguns, revolvers) so I'm pretty clueless.

What are some things I should know? How do I tell if it's safe to shoot, what kind of expert should I take it to? Will any 9x19 ammo work?

These are probably all some pretty stupid questions but I'm completely new to guns.
>>
Winchester 115 gr whitebox works fine with them. I'd recommend keeping it in a good condition and just store it in a safe as a collectible.
>>
>>33489767
Take it to a gunsmith for a check of safe operation. Learn how it works, how to strip and clean it.

Tidy her up, shoot if you want to, ensure that the gun is properly lubricated, protected and stored and don't you ever consider selling it.
>>
File: IMG_6419.png (3MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6419.png
3MB, 1536x2048px
Just don't do what this anon did to his grandfathers gun.
>>
>>33490459
what the fuck was he trying to do???
>>
>>33489875
I also would strongly recommend not to use the cheapest, steelcased ammo and especially not high pressure rounds, if you want that gun to last!
>>
File: IMG_6420.png (4MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6420.png
4MB, 1536x2048px
>>33490476
>>
>>33489767
if your going to shoot it use +p, the luger is designed to run hot otherwise get ready for jam city
>>
File: 453def8fcc.jpg (342KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
453def8fcc.jpg
342KB, 800x555px
>>33490476
This
>>
>>33490476

Well, on the bright side - that guy did not deserve to own anything nice.
>>
>>33490496
I now want to die.

Thank you
>>
File: IMG_6421.jpg (829KB, 1982x1460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6421.jpg
829KB, 1982x1460px
>>33490496
Here's the gun in the original state, before the fuckery happened. Apparently it's his dads gun and likely his grandfathers.
>>
>>33490978
I haven't been this mad in a while.
>>
>>33490978

that has to be boof fucking with us, right?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.