[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You live in a downtown and there are shots fired across from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

You live in a downtown and there are shots fired across from you. Would you assist officers if you had a clear and open view /k/?
>>
self defense or the defense of others.
>>
As long as they knew I was on their side.
>>
>>33483606
Why would I?
>>
>>33483841
This, it would have to be to prevent said shooter from entering my room, or a single officer/person in trouble with a clear shot a la that motorist that shot a perp beating up an officer. If it's a standoff, leave that shit to the police.
>>
>>33483606
No
>>
There's not enough information for me to make a determination. Is it some sort of domestic dispute? I'd probably take a walk while the cops sort it out. Are there a couple terrorists gunning down people in the street? Time to lock and load.
>>
>>33483606
Never even think about doing this. Cops dont know whether you're helping or not, and they will definitely err on the side of caution and assume you are not.
>>
>>33483950
>he doesn't have gear that says POLICE on it
>>
Being a hero is for chumps. I'm taking myself and whoever I'm with and bailing.
>>
>>33483606
No. The police are happy to take our guns away in several states already. If they don't care about our freedom, why should we care about them?
>>
Ten years ago, yes. OFFICER DO YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE I AM ARMED.

Now? Fuck no. Unless it was a local shire-reeve's deputy.
>>
>>33484385
Pretty much this. Sheriff and his boys are pretty fuckin' alright around here, especially on account of it being California.

Cops around here are fucking pricks, and I don't know that I'd be as inclined to help them, but I also hope that I'm a decent enough person that I'd still be willing to render aid to somebody regardless of ideological differences.

If I believe that using force to defend somebody else is legally and morally justified, but I refuse to use it because of those differences, that means that I'm implying that somebody's life is not worth saving because of those differences, and that seems kinda dickish, too.
>>
>>33483606
>Would you assist officers if you had a clear and open view /k/?

No because it ain't me.
>>
Any pretext is good for me to kill a human being.
>>
>>33483606
Yes, because local cops do nothing but get rid of heroin dealers and help when you get your car stuck in the fucking snow.
>>
>>33483865
NY (thankfully not NYC) basically this but would have to go with hunting rifle/shotgun at the time so 12 gauge turkey load or 45-70.
>>
>>33483606
Nah, I got nothing against black people.

By which I mean, my involvement would depend on my being satisfied that assisting the police was a) not going to get me shot by them and b) they were actually in the right.

They've just done too much shit to be considered good actors by default. Treat them like human beings and judge them by individual circumstances.

>>33483929
>There's not enough information for me to make a determination. Is it some sort of domestic dispute? I'd probably take a walk while the cops sort it out. Are there a couple terrorists gunning down people in the street? Time to lock and load.
This is a reasonable response.
>>
>>33486039
That's an incredibly refreshing way to look at it, I wish more people thought like that
>>
>>33483606
>Assisting a cop
Nope.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.