[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good deal on metal ammo containers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1490912360458.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1490912360458.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Is this a good deal on metal ammo containers?
>>
I got that in the mail today too.
>>
>>33482967
Not bad. I get the one at costco with the .30 cal can inside of it for $18
>>
>>33482967
Yeah, sure. Assuming that there is an O-ring that'll last long enough. And that it is strong enough to not break or some shit when full of ammo.
>>
>>33482967
Military 'style' means it's flimsy shit made in China. So no. Get milsurp. Accept no substitutes.
>>
>>33483006
This, I have flicked one of these at a Harbor Freight and the metal itself sounded hollow.
Two bucks more you can get milisurp.
>>
>>33483006
Whats more important is that the seal is still good, most people atent going to be throwing these atound like grunts woth an attitude so the gauge of steel is irrelevent.
>>
>>33482967
I'd be worried it's just some cheap aesthetic knock off and won't be as durable or rugged as the real Mccoy. Authentic US Milsurp isn't that much more.
>>
>>33483023
>Two bucks more you can get milisurp.
Can the milsurp seal be replaced? How much?
>>
Costco occasionally gets in pallets of Chinese-made ammo cans. You get a .30 and a .50 for $20, new.
>>
>>33483006
The Chinese ones Costco sell are identical to my American surplus, only cheaper, and new.
>>
>>33483044
My Costco doesn't carry stuff like that. What section is it in?
>>
>>33483074
>My Costco doesn't carry stuff like that. What section is it in?
In with the tools and garage shelving.
>>
>>33483006
>buy milsurp .50cal cans from The Sportsman's Guide
>listed as "Grade A, appear unissued"
>what I get are rustbuckets with no gaskets that've been repainted so many times they're a half-inch thicker than they should be, hinge pins bent to fuck, reek of CS gas bad enough my eyes watered, and one had a mummified rat inside
>take photos, email CS
>"no refunds, item as described, they look serviceable"
Whoever the CS rep is at TSG must be a Marine supply NCO.
>>
>>33483167
This is why I buy Chinese.
>>
>>33482967
Go to a gun show find the dude selling tons of them offer to buy like 3 or 4 for a deal.
>>
>>33483284
But I need 100.
>>
>>33483353
If you need that many, you should be able to get a pretty good deal. Might even be worthwhile to go to a surplus auction yourself, and bid.
>>
>>33483458
This. If you're not joking and really want to buy in bulk, you can buy it directly from government auctions. They usually sell ammo cans in lots of 100+. You could probably get them for $2 each or so.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>33483006
Not true. The $12 can at Walmart is better than any surplus can.
>>
It crossed my mind awhile back looking at one of these that CDNN is the Harbor Freight of the gun world
>>
>>33483234
only difference between the USGI and Chinese, is that the Chinese eat the rat before they ship it over.
Also, it'll give you lead poisoning.
>>
>>33483100
>>33483074
Actually depends on the store. Some will put it was storage, some will put it near the office supplies near the gun safe if they have it. Some times they just have it in the middle of the store.

The cans come and go. Last time my local one carried them was probably 4 months ago. Price also depends on the location. Cheapest I've seen around here was 15 after instant rebate.
>>
I just buy the 4.99 plastic ones
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>33482967
>>33482984
Oh hey, I have that catalog sitting right next to me too.

>>33483074
Neither does mine. The Costcos near me have all really cut back on their tool/garage sections, it used to be almost two whole aisles and now it's only one side of one aisle.
>>
>>33486064
I'd get these but I don't think they have O-rings. Walmart has $5 plastic cans with O-rings. Recently scored a nice metal can from Tractor Supply for like 8 bucks on sale
>>
File: ridgid.jpg (40KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
ridgid.jpg
40KB, 800x451px
Those look like Chinese copies. Often they come with a .30 cal inside as a set.

They are well made, high quality.

The catch is that the Chinese .50 cal cans are slightly off spec in the hinge area making them just a tad bit longer than a USA made milspec. This creates a problem when trying to fit them into an orange Ridgid tool box.

The Blackhawk cans are brand new milspec, not milsurp, made by the same contractor that makes them for the military and are on sale several times a year from various online retailers.
>>
I love Costco. I wish they sold guns.
>>
File: i have a mighty need.gif (520KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
i have a mighty need.gif
520KB, 500x330px
>>33488104
I wish they sold bulk ammo, battlepacks and the like. Duuuude, Kirkland Brand 5.56 on strippers clips!
>>
>harbor freight

Fuckouttahere
>>
>harborfreight ammo cans
hm. i can buy one or two cans and get a free flashlight or screwdriver set... but then I'd have to go to HF.

Legitimately tough decision.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.