[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finnish M39 Rifle - SAKO Manufacture, Mosin Nagant Action, Model

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: angled_m39_2_cc.png (149KB, 579x296px) Image search: [Google]
angled_m39_2_cc.png
149KB, 579x296px
Should I purchase? It's 315.00 dollars, I really like the look and I'd like to be able to own a fine historical military piece.
>>
Here's the store page: https://www.classicfirearms.com/finnish-m39-mosin-nagant-rifle-762x54r-sako-mfg
>>
>>33481661
If it looks like that? Yes.
>>
>>33481679
I'm buying a slightly higher priced version at the assurance of higher quality.
>>
>>33481661

Only if you are a dedicated collector of milsurp, honestly. Obviously you'll get the typical "theres better rifles out there" or "get muh mauser instead" replies, but if its what you want, you like history, want to drop 315 on a range toy, go for it. It's your damn money.
>>
>>33481707
Could you recommend any better rifles? I'm looking for a decent WW2 era weapon that has that type of classic wood furniture.
>>
File: IMG_20170310_123014.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170310_123014.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>33481731
It really depends on how much you want to spend. You got all the different flavors of mosin nagant, gewehr 98, karabiner 98, schmidt-rubin k31 or k11, garands, m1 carbines, enfields.

Personally my favorite to shoot is my german K98 but unless you get a yugo or something it'll be expensive.

I'd recommend trying to shoot them first or doing some more in depth research on any rifle I listed above.
>>
>>33481731
Better is entirely subjective in this instance. Almost all milsurp performs the same, so it comes down to minute details and personal preference. So keeping that in mind, you have some options.

The Mas 36. In my opinion it's the best bolt action infantry rifle ever made. They're lighter, shorter, have better sights, are simpler to clean and maintain, than the M39. Ammo is mostly a reloaders proposition though.

The 1903a3. Also lighter, shorter, and with better sights than the M39. Ammo is widely available in whatever flavor you like. Also, it's American so you can enjoy that, and get a much better selling price if you ever have to.

The 98k Mauser. Lighter and shorter (noticing a trend?) But the sights are worse. 8mm Mauser is pretty easy to find and you might like the Mauser more than the Mosin. Or you might not. I certainly don't.

Those are some, but not nearly all, other options to consider.
>>
>>33481661
>>33481731
Do you plan on shooting this rifle a lot?

Do you handload?

If you answer "Yes" and "No" respectively, then get the Finnish Mosin.

Do not get a Mauser (or a K31) unless you handload.
>>
>>33481782
>>33481877
>>33481888
Thanks boys, that's enough for me to go on. I appriciate.
>>
File: IMG_20170310_123028.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170310_123028.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>33481782
>>33481877
>>33481888
>>33481731

Totally forgot about the ammo part. OP if you plan on this rifle being a shooter you should be prepared to drop some serious shekels or learn to reload.

Also forgot about the Mas 36, beautiful rifle, would love to get one sometime.

I reload 8mm as well as 7.62x54R
>>
>>33481661

If you're going to drop $300 on a rifle that has a future as a wall hanger, just buy a Russian nugget for about $100 less at Southern Ohio Guns-- you'll even get an oiler and cleaning kit.
http://www.southernohiogun.com/longguns/surplus-longguns/russian-mn91-30-762x54.html
Nuggets are shit, they were shit when they were made, and they're even worse shit in the 21st century.
>>
>>33481670
dear god you post that like it's unheard of ... total new fag

no don't buy cracked stock
>>
I got a vg. Not home atm so no pics. Its blueing was heavely worn on edges but almost perrfect on other places. Stock is beat up but its coloring is dark and it is origonal war stock which is what i wanted. Crack is on the uper left of the pistol grip. It seems neglegable thin enough that i couldnt het glue in there if i wanted to. I would say go for it. Knowing my results i would be hesitant to get anything less than very good. Personaly mine was about the worst i would take. Cant beat that price though.
>>
>>33482628
Is it a good range toy? I get to take mine home in a week and I'm not sure what >>33482007 meant as a wall hanger.
>>
>>33482628
also, I bought the vg as well.
>>
>>33482680
Haven't got to shoot it yet. Hopefully its a good shooter. None of my guns are meant to be wall hangers. I would like to use it to hunt.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.