[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

private gun sale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: gun in bathroom.jpg (308KB, 958x639px) Image search: [Google]
gun in bathroom.jpg
308KB, 958x639px
lets say your buying a gun in a private sale that is totally legal in my state to do. how do you know that the gun your bying isnt stolen an belongs to the seller. what happen or what do you do if the gun you bought turns out to be stolen or didnt belogn to the seller.
>>
>>33481132
>good faith
when you buy a gun and it turns up hot just say you bought it believing it was clean. The Law will leave you alone because you bought it in good faith.
>>
>>33481132
Wait a second, aren't you the guy who got his gun stolen while taking a shit?

>did the dindu who stole it murder someone and is trying to sell it back?
>>
>>33481418
They'll still take it and refuse to reimburse you and the kind of person selling stolen guns on Armslist won't have money for restitution.

Daily reminder to never talk to cops and never report a crime, you are ALWAYS better off leaving the scene and never saying a word to anyone.
>>
>>33481489
>hey'll still take it and refuse to reimburse you
well yeah, no shit anon. They have no reason to.
you buy a hot gun and its fucked from the start.
>>
>>33481489
Daily reminder that failure to report a crime is as bad or worse than perpetrating that crime yourself.
>>
File: gty-462417770.jpg (202KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
gty-462417770.jpg
202KB, 1000x600px
You know why I'm here.
>>
>>33482078
Daily reminder that unless they have concrete evidence that you either witnessed or were involved in the crime they cannot prove you were there.

Also
>talking to police without a lawyer present
>ISHYGDDT
>>
>>33481132
LOL only buy if the price is fair, meet in a public place, request a bill of sale prior to meeting up (if they are skeptical red flag), and if they are black (red flag)
>>
>>33481132
call the local station and request a list of reported stolen weapons? stating you don't want to accidentally buy a hot gun?
>>
>>33481132
Then likely the gun will be confiscated and you'll be out the money if it comes to light. No real charges on you, though.

Just tell the guy saying you have a general worry and you want to bring your cop buddy along to check it out. If the seller is legit, he won't have an issue and you can later say that he won't be coming along (he never existed).
If the seller isn't legit, he'll skip.
>>
>>33482517
Grow up.
>>
>>33482626
>feeling the need to insert yourself into situations
>Not going on with your day and minding your own business.

Who really needs to grow up?
>>
>>33482517
I'm not talking about legal culpability, but moral responsibility. I understand that ignorant, selfish leftists such as yourself have a hard time processing the concept of "community" beyond what your little red bible tells you, but try to understand that any civilization is only as safe as its individual members are prepared to make it. If you enjoy any of the benefits of an ordered society (utilities service, healthcare, education, the arts, basic human freedoms, etc.), then you have a civic duty to take an active role in their protection. Otherwise kindly unplug the CPU, turn off the lights, and leave whatever country or state you're leeching off of and go to any of the numerous areas of the world that fit your anarcho-communist sensibilities.
>>
>>33482738
Nigger detected. How's the welfare life treating you, Tyrone?
>>
I've never had any of the numbers on any gun I've ever owned ran. Even when pulled over by game wardens after some funky shit went down. If its a good deal buy it and use common sense when transporting it. Obviously the dumb nigger you're buying from found a way not to get caught with it
>>
>>33482586
>call the local station and request a list of reported stolen weapons?
There's no master list of stolen guns. If it was stolen the next town over, your local cops wouldn't have a clue.

The only real protection against buying a stolen gun is to only buy new guns. Beyond that, all you can to is not buy guns from people that seem like they would steal guns.
>>
>>33481132
1. Good Faith law, as already brought up
2. Why the everloving FUCK would the police ever find out your gun was stolen? What would you be doing that would end up with the police running the serial number on your gun?
>>
>>33482626
>>33482783
>>33482078
not him but where im from the police are always just looking for ways to hem you up in the law. ive had the displeasure of that happening to me when i was in all honesty doing something in 'good faith' for the community

>be in bar
>idiot with friends accosts me
>pay and leave bar
>they leave too
>no cameras
>get cornered
>get hit not once, not twice, but three times
>swing back and break his nose
>marks on me
>run back into bar to call 911
>idiot and his friends call 911 and ambulance
>tell cops i was attacked and hit in self defense
>bartender or other patrons didnt say anything
>idiot and friends sing different tune
>arrested

>stopped for speeding
>inform cop i have 5 inch knife in my pocket so no problems (clip visible)
>told to step out
>cop tries to yank it from pocket
>it's stuck
>get tackled (hands were on my head)
>end up getting my car searched + ticket once backup arrived
>didnt even consent

>eating Canes chicken in car at 1am
>in canes parking lot but a little ways away
>cop drives by and looks at me, drives off
>three minutes later surrounded by cops
>guns drawn
>ask what im doing there
>eating chicken wtf
>by yourself in a parking lot?
>yes (was a little drunk but not too bad to drive or anything)
>after more questioning get let go
>told to eat my chicken at home next time
>fuck you it'll be cold by then

>in park with other people my age (18 at the time)
>some weirdo from my school has a knife (not our friend) and threatens little kids or some shit
>cops come out
>refuses to let me or my friends go if i dont get searched

such is life in north texas suburb
>>
>>33483072
Did you try explaining to the cops that you were white? That usually works.
>>
>>33483072
You sound like a mildly retarded cracker or a normally abled nigger.
>>
>>33482759
>leftist such as yourself
I'm a right leaning libertarian. I keep my interaction with the state to a bare minimum. The state (read: police that do anything but stop violent criminals) can get fucked
>>
>>33481132
Jesus Christ. Since you seem to lack any shred of common sense, I'll help you.

Take the gun to the police station. Tell them you bought it in a private sell, but you now have suspicions that it could be stolen. Have them run the SN. If it isn't stolen, you're free and clear. If it is, tell them who you bought it from. It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>33483310
Nice try, comrade. Let me ask you, when you make a decent shitpost for the state, does Papa Putin give you preferential rations? Or are you just so glad not to have to think for yourself that you don't even care?
>>
>>33483464
>Literally walking into a police station with a stolen gun
>"I had suspicions it was stolen officer"

Yes, surely they will believe you and not just send your ass to the DA for an easy conviction and a favor to their department down the line.
>>
>>33483072
>hurr durrr anon why don't you like the police
This is exactly why I don't like the police.
>>
>>33483517
Yes, they will you fucking idiot. Real life isn't like Law and Order.
>>
>>33482991
>Why the everloving FUCK would the police ever find out your gun was stolen?

Buy a gun, get an itch for a new gun some time later, sell gun to pawn shop. Boom, serial matches stolen gun.
>>
>>33481132
>how do you know that the gun your buying isn't stolen an belongs to the seller.
You don't.

>what happen or what do you do if the gun you bought turns out to be stolen or didn't belong to the seller.
You remove the serial number and/or reserialize and claim the guy who sold it to you did it.
You don't do anything because niggers. (I'm implying that 'people' will falsely report a gun to be stolen to get the money from the sale and their gun)
>>
>>33483072

>such is life in north texas suburb

Which burb? Because I'm calling major bullshit on your claims. Either you were in nigger town or you dress like a hood rat.

I've done all sorts of shit in NHR and never had issues with cops. Shit one time my brother and I were hanging out behind a closed down Win Dixie drinking and smoking cigars (I was 21 and he was 22 and we still lived with good old mom but she hated smoking).

A cop came around the corner on us and saw our beers and didn't give two shits that we were drinking in public. He just told us not to drink to much and get home soon as it was already past midnight.
>>
>>33484015
plano/richardson
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.