[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns you wanted to love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: dayum shame.jpg (51KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
dayum shame.jpg
51KB, 1200x846px
Anybody owned a gun that you needed to have, but the more you got to know it, the less you liked it? It's like scoring the hot chick, but then finding out she says "Warshington" and chews with her mouth open.

I had pic related and it was easily the most ergonomic pistol I've ever held. It was more accurate than my other striker-fired pistols if I really concentrated, and I think it looks better than most.

BUT.

>the beavertail rubs a hole in my hand after ~150 rds
>high-ish bore axis made follow-up shots slow and inaccurate compared to Glock
>full-size gun, only 15 rounds
>super high beavertail relief, but the trigger guard mag release means no undercut, and as such, awkward hand tilt in relation to trigger travel
>gun has a butthole
>slide action sounds like an old screendoor
>charging handles weren't an improvement over normal slide serrations, and just made the gun look pigfat from behind
>>
>>33478539
I gave the CZ75 a shot but I don't like it. The slide and frame felt like teeth grinding together, the rubber grip was cheap, and the red dot for the safety fell the fuck off. Just felt cheap all around.
>>
My glock. Bought a Glock 34 after fucking around with my friends and never grew to like it. It never fit in my hands comfortably and I would always be off my aim point to the left by an inch or two. Liked the cheap accessories and the aftermarket, but I shoot my other pistols way better.
>>
Sig P226.

Way more muzzle flip than a heavy full size 9mm should ever have. Muh bore axis.

It's very accurate and fun to shoot otherwise so I'll hang on to it.
>>
File: ruger-american.jpg (197KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
ruger-american.jpg
197KB, 1500x844px
I got mine last January, and loved it... for a little while.

I put it down and kind of forgot about it until recently, when I tried to shoot it again. The interchangeable grips cut up my hand. That square ass hurts my knuckle. It's not comfortable to hold or use. It's a great gun, but they fucked up the ergonomics beyond belief.

Ruger American Pistol, I wanted to love you, but it was not meant to be.

I'm looking for a Glock to replace it.
>>
>>33478830
The left shooting is purportedly caused by the Hex rifling; may be bullshit, but it's commonly spewed enough that there's a point of contention against the gun.
>>
>>33479179
If this is true, then it makes a bit of sense. I shoot qualifiers from different agencies for fun and practice and average at least 75% on them with my P-09. It baffled me to no end that I couldn't replicate that with a pistol with a longer barrel and sight radius.
>>
File: IMG_0035.jpg (571KB, 1348x1008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0035.jpg
571KB, 1348x1008px
I tried to love it, I really did, but the P2000 just feels so much more right in the hand with the smallest back strap and the reduced textured grip.
>>
Browning Hi-power in 40

Before you guys flip out, this was back in the 90's, and 9mm was considered ineffective and weak, and 40 was the wonder bullet to end all bullet debates. Just how it was.

Anyone, I finally found one after years of searching, and still have it, but all the issues

>hammer bite out the ass
>heaviest slide spring of any gun I owned
>awkward safety
>magazines had a spring assist, which is pretty cool, but makes them expensive and hard to find
>Browning's Epoxy coating is literally slippery
>just not as nice as a 9mm hi-power to shoot.

That heavy ass spring does make recoil non-existant, but racking the slide with the hammer down is insanely hard, and your hands are likely to slip before full compression.
>>
>>33479521
>>heaviest slide spring of any gun I owned
It's not the "slide spring". The recoil spring is only 16lbf. Not that light, but not that heavy. The real problem is the fucking retarded 32lbf mainspring. I never was unable to do it, but I know there are a lot of weaker people who would have trouble and there's no good reason for the mainspring to be 32lbf.
>>
>>33479549

Thanks for the correction. I knew slide spring was wrong, but I could not remember the right word.

So disappointing. The combination of 40 (which was the uberbullet at the time, in a classic and badass package. The 10 round capacity was also fine, as that's what all guns were restricted too.
>>
File: sp101.jpg (865KB, 1545x1031px) Image search: [Google]
sp101.jpg
865KB, 1545x1031px
>>33479672
It's not that I didn't like it, just not enough. I bought it with the intentions of changing it to my EDC. I just couldn't get to liking it enough to replace what I was (and still am) carrying.
>>
>>33479672
I wasn't correcting you on your use of slide spring, I was correcting you on which of the springs was the problem. I think they have a 26lb mainspring available which is still heavy, but not as bad. Unfortunately there is no solution to the shit safety on the MkIII. I haven't ever experienced hammer bite from them, though.
>>
>>33479179
>The left shooting is purportedly caused by the Hex rifling; may be bullshit

pure bullshit, it's cause my shooters anticipating the recoil and pulling the gun down and left.

Unless you get a lemon - guns leave the factory with dead on windage.
>>
Remington 870.

Everyone has one and swears by them, so I bought in.

>cheaply made
>clackity
>ergos are meh
>two years after purchase the wood forend cracked and broke off while shooting
>>
File: 1472672786192.jpg (86KB, 650x699px) Image search: [Google]
1472672786192.jpg
86KB, 650x699px
the remington r51. It looked so good on paper and I was willing to give Remington the benefit of the doubt. What they gave out wasnt just bad, it was fucking insulting they let them out of the factory like that
never again
>>
>>33478539
A few of my carry guns fall into this:

Sig 239

>shot amazing with the SRT trigger, but it's still a big, heavy, single stack 9 that I would have to keep on checking for rust spots on because I live in FL

SW M&P 45c

>great sized gun, never cared for the trigger, even after the Apex upgrade. Slide to frame fit was so garbage that I could lose sight picture by adjusting my support hand.

Sig P320c

> After the initial hype I just started to like it less and less. It didn't really do anything wrong other than rust a bit on the recoil spring but again, sigs and Florida

Right now I cc and hk45ct or a g19 and while I love them both, the HK is only handgun I've had that I've continuously loved over the years.
>>
>hating "Warshington"
Please kill you're self
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.