[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst possible gun colour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 680b3fcdad882762f1aa8c3d1f6f38cd.jpg (398KB, 2048x1120px) Image search: [Google]
680b3fcdad882762f1aa8c3d1f6f38cd.jpg
398KB, 2048x1120px
Hey /k/ I'd like to know your thoughts on DISCREET gun colours. I need a gun for hiking and I don't want to scare other hikers who don't use guns, I need the gun to be a colour that
A. Makes the gun look like a toy/not-gun (ie Dazzle) or
B. Make the gun not easily noticeable (ie Camo)

Take the gun below. To me it looks like a toy or air soft.
I've noticed that tan colour guns to my eye seem to blend with hiking surroundings and hiking clothing.
Back is obviously a no, too scary.
Wood+metal most people find not scary, but its the most classic cartoon identifiable "Gun" even more recognizable than black firearms.
>>
Black*
>>
>>33478089
Fuck you.

Sincerely, Nerf General on /toy
>>
File: nah.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nah.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>33478089
Nah
>>
>>33478089
Paint the tip orange
>>
>>33478089
I don't think I follow. You want a gun that is so colorful it looks like a toy or one so drab it blends with your clothes? How about you just do like the rest of us and practice CONCEALED carry. Then none of that matters...
>>
I don't get it guys?
What are you talking about?

I'm thinking of getting a shotgun, something compact. Or if not a shotgun, then a Kel-tec Sub2000.

I want to carry it with me for hiking for bears (forget the ammo story vs bear) I need a good colour to make it not obvious to liberals who hike buy.
>>
>>33478089
Take a camo pattern that uses variations of yellow and pink and tape a massive dildo to your head. People will notice the dildo before the gun and therefore not be scared by it. I guarantee it will work.
>>
>>33478235
I'm in Canada. I can't conceal. I can't walk with a handgun.

I can however walk with a rifle / long gun.
Because it's crown land or "Im transporting it"

Now, without getting into laws, or teaching me Canadian firearm issues. Can we please get back to topic.

Open carry long gun, good colour to hide the gun, OR make the gun look like a toy to untrained eyes.
>>
BDU Woodland looks very "Playing army" "its my friends cap gun"

Also stuff like this looks very "Fake"
http://www.specwar.info/maskovani/MYS/bomba.jpg

Other ideas?
>>
>>33478089
Painting a firearm to look like a toy is illegal in multiple states
>>
>>33478271
Again, I don't get the problem I'm causing.

Did people here mistakenly believe I was talking about airsoft and not firearms?

Or did people think I was in US and I should just carry it or conceal it because I have the right?

Canada here, real guns
>>
>>33478089
Please do not make your rifle look like a toy, this has terrible consequences in store for you if a child unfamiliar with firearms gets hold of it (for whatever reason) and mistakes it for a toy.

How you carry is the most effective way to communicate your demenor. Carry it sling arms (over the shoulder, barrel up, one hand retaining the sling and weapon).

Mossy oak break up over the entire rifle says 'im non threatening, only outdoorsy' to me but that might just be a thing in the US.
>>
>>33478301
Canada.

You can paint it anything. The orange tip though probably not.

It just has to look like a toy to Canadians.
Or camo-ed
>>
>>33478302
Because you are so fucking stupid -
you feel the need to ask this question
nobody can be bothered to give you the correct answer
That's why.
>>
>>33478314
Guns in Canada have to be locked, or bolt removed. And separate from and locked ammo. And that's only for hunting rifles. Forget the rules for an AR.

Don't worry about accidents. No kids in my house also Im 23
>>
File: 2322976900089413999vgeall_fs.jpg (200KB, 979x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2322976900089413999vgeall_fs.jpg
200KB, 979x1600px
I think a wooden stock or anything that just looks natural is the safest bet if you dont want people to think about the gun. Carrying the weapon like on this picture would help you aswell
>>
>>33478338
Why is it stupid.

It's a real question. Please, I am not trying to insult you or cause problems with you. I just wanted to chat about the topic. If you really think thats it's that bad getting a gun in tan camo

https://thingd-media-ec4.thefancy.com/default/158447906318190948_da2e5a9ca6a5.jpg

so that it looks less scary and hides easy on clothing is that bad, state them and lets talk
>>
>>33478276
No. Just carry it around. Nobody gives a fuck, if they do, tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>33478365
Thank you for the reply. Yeah I've noticed that too.

When I show my friends here in Canada guns, black ones are scary but wood to them isnt a problem and seems "hunter" even if it's the same gun.
>>
You could try not being a faggot and just carry a side arm and not give a shit what those hippy liberal faggots think.

Just a thought.
>>
>>33478374
Also a good option I guess, if just passing through the area and they're not so butt hurt to call the RCMP and get you a disturbing the peace ticket (what happens when people open cary guns here close to liberals)
>>
>>33478388
Again, Canada.

Big big rules when it comes to handguns.
Authorization to transport, can't leave your state, must be driving to a gun club you are a member of. Has to be locked in a physical box, or locked bag.
>>
>>33478276
You can, you're just too much of a puss to do so. Look at CTG, Moleman, or open your eyes and look for the one of many people you likely encounter daily that illegally CC's. Or are you going to compromise your own safety because DA GUBMINT SAYS I CAAAANT?
>>
>>33478314
I've thought more about those tips, the style of carrying you make a very good point.
>>
>>33478089
Matte safety orange on the top of the gun
black stripe in line with barrel and black barrel (because sight post acquisition/contrast is important)
Safety orange on the underside with photoreflective grey stripes.

Just because a cougar disarms you doesn't mean you should accept your death, an easily identifiable firearm is best when fighting nature.
>>
>>33478428
I've really thought about that a lot. Just take my handgun, put it in pants, and go hiking. It's just we have so few freedoms here, and the risks are so much more here.
Any rifle you can get in trouble, and have it thrown out in courts later, but handguns can't even be shot outdoors in Canada.

I guess in the end though you are right. No matter how strong the laws and how much tracking goes into handguns. Its your life on the line.
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 1024x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 1024x573px
>>33478381
Just carry the most fuddy gun you can, and dress like this to complete the look, no camouflage or tacticool shit, it will scare normies.
>>
>>33478302
people are wondering why you wouldn't just conceal it.
also,
>implying dazzle camo = toy
that shit was glorious man, don't bring it down
>>
>>33478234
The best camo
>>
File: OrientationConfusedShip.jpg (84KB, 624x418px) Image search: [Google]
OrientationConfusedShip.jpg
84KB, 624x418px
Get an AR with wood furniture. Looks like pure sex, which is illegal in the state of California but you ought to be alright.

If you're dead set on your "dazzle" idea, then go all the way and paint it like actual dazzle camouflage, WW1 style. Pic related.
>>
>>33478089
Do you somehow think that a grown man walking around in the woods by himself carrying what appears to be a toy gun is in any way less suspicious than a typical hiker with a rifle?

>What have you got there?
>Oh, I just bring toys with me into the wilderness, in case I need to befriend any small children.
>>
>>33478249
ive thought of doing that for the lulz, spraying an orange flash on the ends of my rifles and taking them to the range.
>>
>>33481268
Fucking committing a federal crime for lulz, /k/ a magical place.
>>
>>33478399
source faglord
>>
>>33478234
if you end up using the gun and the case goes to court, depending on the state when the prosecution finds out the tip was painted orange you will get fucked
>>
>>33481329
>state
read the thread, you tiddlywink. he's a leaf.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.