[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly did Colt's snakeguns get so expensive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

How exactly did Colt's snakeguns get so expensive?
>>
Scarcity and quality of product. Take an econ class famalam.
>>
>>33476466
They're still more valuable than low-batch target shooting pistols, though, that's what I don't understand. And from what I've read, they're not much more desirable than a high quality S&W.
>>
People treat Pythons like they're Greek Fire("We don't know how to make them anymore!").
I admit it's a quality gun but so many people have made it into an icon(Darn Walking Dead didn't help.)that prices rose to meet the demand. Anacondas also. I've seen them go for stupid money.
>>
>>33476585
Ever since The Walking Dead, the normie liberals in my classes all talk about how much they want one of these wheel guns. Fuck them.
>>
>>33476443
Strangely, there are still affordable where I live (europe). I bought mine for under 900, that´s pretty much half the cost of a new Smith here. Dan Wesson stuff is even cheaper, but pretty rare. I remember a .357 with 3 different barrels being 400 or something. A lot of burgers are buying stuff in europe now and import it,
>>
>>33476486
That's because they have a higher draw than low-batch target pistols to the average shooter.
>>
>>33476697
Where are you?
>>
>>33476443call of duty and why colt is not making these anymore show the company is high
>>
>>33476838
Caliphate of germanistan.
Check www.vdb-waffen.de or egun
>>
>>33476443
Famous and collectible.

Also they were kind of expensive to start out with.
>>
>>33476585
It's not so much perhaps "we don't know how to make them" (though supposedly a lot of passed down knowledge is missing), its more that you can make an exclusive and flashy revolver with modern technology that's not as brittle and testy with it's lockwork.

If you put your mind to it, I bet you could make a revolver with an unbelievably smooth and crisp trigger using ball bearings in the right places, while still maintaining durability and strength.
>>
>>33476443
They're pretty damn aesthetic to, don't leave that out
>>
>>33476848
>why colt is not making these anymore
1) Colt has demonstrated VERY poor business sense in past decades, they almost went bankrupt AGAIN pretty recently.

2) It wasn't profitable for them.

3) They wouldn't really be the same.

4) The best you could hope for is a Not As Nice special edition (like maybe a few hundred) that will go for crazy prices and snapped up for collectors who will never shoot them like with the 1903 Pocket and M16A1 repros.
>>
>>33476443
Memes and the fact that they're not being made anymore. Manurhins blow them out of the water but Rick Grimes doesn't use a Manurhin.
>>
>>33476628
so be happy they want to get into guns and hope they can see them as something other than the Babykiller-2000?
>>
>>33476443

>very well made
>discontinued
>the walking dead
>>
>>33476443
millenials who played too many videogames and still live at home instead of working to pay off their student loans
>>
>>33477545
>Manurhins blow them out of the water

Says a person who has most likely shot neither
>>
>>33479329
I've shot both, Coltcuck.

The Python was my uncle's, the Manurhin was just something someone had at the range. From the condition it was probably one of those police trade-ins that you can find on Armslist occasionally.
>>
>>33476486
Ask absolutely anyone if they want a S&W 27 or a Colt Python.
That's why Pythons are worth way more.
>>
File: snek 2.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
snek 2.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>33476857
Hey, mein neger!
Same here. Got mine for ~590€.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.