[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big &/or Inventive weapons (mostly guns, set medievalfags)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 14

File: tmp_31112-rqPC2l631023592018.jpg (24KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31112-rqPC2l631023592018.jpg
24KB, 360x360px
All right mother fuckers, it is time again.

Now of course we should all avoid violent force if reasonably possible, but if the 1 ton meat monster decides it would rather eat and/or kill you rather than "commune"
what sort of defense you got?

I see alot of potential in 12, and larger, shotguns as not only does it provide massive physical potential in damage BUT also the shells could be custom loaded more easily than other typical rounds with payloads specifically hazardous to what you'll be fighting.

>what is your medicine for big, and maybe otherworldly, beasties that wanna foight?
>>
>>33475077
Also just throwing out tesla guns are reasonably possible.

Come on people, let's bust some ghosts!
>>
>>33475077
Also, if anyone has any first hand accounts of what did, AND DID NOT, work...

Post em.
>>
Only good gun is the gun you have with you,
Taurus Judge Public Defender Poly loaded with Hornady Critical Defense.
>>
>>33475102
That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>33475124
what a thoughtful and provoking response.
>>
Some kind of old school 4 bore rifle. Sure, they weigh 20 pounds and unpleasant as all hell to shoot but it'd sure fuck up anything that breathes.
>>
>>33475222
Could you kill a giant squid, if you had real need to, with one?

Let's forget about the surface weapon, water creature conundrum at the moment either. The squid is a good reference point without worrying about environmental interactions.
>>
>>33475222
So, essentially, what could kill a giant graboid?
>>
Borrow a 20mm autocannon from your local USAF base, get really fit, and hook it up to a hydraulic steadicam rig.
>>
>>33475077
Flamethrower or an M202 Flash.
>>
>>33475323
Not the dumbest idea ever.

>>33475331
Tesla gun would react be better than a flamer.
>>
File: extended bigfoot hunt.jpg (183KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
extended bigfoot hunt.jpg
183KB, 680x650px
>>33475077
12g with rocksalt and silvered pellet/slug loads. Should handle just about anything that goes bump in the night. Maybe a few wooden stake rounds to shove into a break action.
(salt for ghosts/spirits, stake shells for vampires, silver for everything else)

Paintball gun with automatic trigger and hopper. Paintballs loaded with holy water, anointed oils, garlic powder, silver nitrate, or any other component that could be viably delivered via paintball.
(vampires and the undead)

A regular old crossbow with silvered steel bolts and hard wood bolts.
(silver for most monsters, hard wood for vamps)

Riot tank with it's water reservoir fill with holy water.
(good for possessions, undead horde, or highschool satanist gatherings)

Silvered blades for edged weapons.
(you want to be a legit monster hunter right?)

Supersoakers filled with holy water.
(Fun in the sun)

Flamethrowers loaded with fuel anointed by a priest.
(Destroys the body and banishes the spirit to where it came from)

The good ol' silver bullet
(The good ol' silver bullet)
>>
>>33475077
The holy M2, as brought from heaven to earth by saint Browning.
>>
>>33475370
How do you know salt does anything to spirits? What is the basis in reality?

Where did you learn any of that actually?

I was thinking like giant crabs true "weak point" would be attacking the unique chemical biology as well as physical damage, as an example.

Where does this "spiritual" knowledge come from?
>>
>>33475097
There was an anon in one of these cryptid threads not too long ago that talked about shooting something that was eating sacks of rice bran on his property once. I forget the rifle caliber, but it caused the creature to produce a god awful howl and saunter off into the woods.

If I recall, he said strange stuff's been happening to his home since, like claw marks around the wood pillars on his porch.
>>
File: Paladin.png (891KB, 607x750px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin.png
891KB, 607x750px
>>33475406
>>How do you know salt does anything to spirits? What is the basis in reality?
There really is none, it's all metaphysical. Supposedly salt absorbs and dampens psychic energy. Salt is also 'pure' making it so 'impure' beings cannot cross it or touch it. Salt as well as chalk is usually used to create a barrier that a spirit cannot pass.

>>Where did you learn any of that actually?
The Bible, various folk tales, beastiaries, legends, and other sources like websites that compile these sorts of things.
I have a link to Highly Paranormal Janitor's dropbox. Has a lot of info in there. Dude used to be a prolific trip on /x/, seemed to always have an answer or link or lead for any question.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc3zrtxb4dshx3f/AABD7_CeSoNsoksBNZbbqZFHa?dl=0

>>Where does this "spiritual" knowledge come from?
Aside from what listed above, years of solitude, meditation, deep thought, and spiritual experiences. I've even been able to go into a Theta State a couple times, though I did nothing too interesting with it. But the experience itself was weirdly serene, almost heavenly. Not trying to sound mysterious or anything honest. I've just never been one for parties and going out. So instead I spend most of my time trying to "grow" spiritually and martially. Being a virgin also helps funnily enough. I was able to hold onto mine until I was 24. Now things seem quieter, almost muffled. Like my senses are dulled. I can still feel the 'pings' when something isn't right though. Again sorry if this seems needlessly mysterious, it's shit I don't fully understand either, but I'll be happy to elaborate more on anything you might want to know.
>>
RPO-M SHMEL.
>Thermobaric
>Said to have forward HEAT charge
>"Light"
Not really realistic, but would be really cool. Otherwise the GM-94 grenade launcher is OK.
>>
File: 1217.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1217.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>33475511
>>/x/
>>
File: 1467771169563.jpg (40KB, 823x549px) Image search: [Google]
1467771169563.jpg
40KB, 823x549px
>>33475665
>implying /k/ and /x/ don't overlap.
>>
Hey, I stuck it in /x/ and now she's getting an abortion I don't believe is morally ok. I wouldn't want to force someone to have a kid, but creating and killing life is wrong.

I honestly just feel bad for her, she doesn't have enough love in her and I just want to help.
>>
>>33475077
M2HB. When Ma Duece speaks, everyone, even cryptids, listens.
>>
Iron works well against spoops. Imagine the hole that bimetallic 54r, 7.62x51, or .30-06 would make in the Fae.

As always, when life gives you lemons, fix bayonets.
>>
File: BurtGummer.jpg (73KB, 591x401px) Image search: [Google]
BurtGummer.jpg
73KB, 591x401px
>>33475299
>>
Spiders this big and bigger. Roughly all known species and probably at least one that ain't.

How do you handle them with firearms most efficiently? Could traps, ala shit-we-thought-about-for-stupid-make-believe-zombies, work or at least help?

How do you trap the Trappist? Hunt the eight legged Hunter?
>>
File: tmp_32268-148845288549015656877.jpg (23KB, 480x511px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32268-148845288549015656877.jpg
23KB, 480x511px
Like what if, hear me out, like all the elephants and whales and gorillas and bears all animals all became able to coordinate as well as us Humans.
>with one goal

>wipe out all Humans
>>
>>33475511
>>33475370

I appreciate the input. I just wish you had at least some proof of a first hand account.

We should be able to find these things if there is truth to that menagerie of spook spikers. Y'know what I'm saying? You should be able to like, easily enough have some proof...

Right?
>>
>>33477010
Ma Deuce is awful hard for an individual to feed.

This thread reminds me of that Nazi Dinosaur video game. Allied resistance fighters had some creative diy concepts for handling goose stepping stegosauri.
>>
>>33475511
Talk about the stuff in your last paragraph more!

How are you sure it wasn't/isn't neurosis of some kind? Why do you not default to it? Are you aware of, and afraid of confirmation bias?

What, so far, are your greatest moments of cognatic dissonance? If any.
>>
File: buddha.jpg (20KB, 256x154px) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
20KB, 256x154px
>>33479276
>>I appreciate the input. I just wish you had at least some proof of a first hand account.
I haven't been able to test out salt and stuff because, well, never had an "evil spirit" to deal with.

>>We should be able to find these things if there is truth to that menagerie of spook spikers. Y'know what I'm saying? You should be able to like, easily enough have some proof...Right?
By 'these things' do mean, for lack of a better term, monsters? I guess that depends on whether or not you believe witness stories of strange creatures and alien interference. A lot of them are obvious fakes, but there are a good number of them that have some weight behind them. And as far as proof of weapon effectiveness? Since I haven't had a run in with any sort of "evil" creature since I was a child I haven't been able to test these out. So that leaves me with reading through folk tales and local legends and modernizing the tools used by "monster hunters" of old. Do I believe that there are vampires and other undead out there? No way, but there are definitely "things" out there that don't follow the rules.
>>
File: 1455954530405.jpg (719KB, 1735x1671px) Image search: [Google]
1455954530405.jpg
719KB, 1735x1671px
>>33479567
>>How are you sure it wasn't/isn't neurosis of some kind? Why do you not default to it? Are you aware of, and afraid of confirmation bias?
Been checked out by multiple doctors, only thing wrong with me is a mild case of depression. And no, I don't fear confirmation bias. If I had most of my experiences alone, yeah maybe, but I've got witnesses for most of these.
Some examples,
>Brother and I saw what kind of looked like a manticore, but had some differences. This is my only experience with pure evil.
>Had 'pings' while LAN'ing with some friends years ago. Buddy and I left to get snacks, halfway to the gas station get a big 'ping' followed by fear. Let my buddy know and check my watch, 1:23AM. Half an hour later we get back, ask brothers and couple friends who stayed behind if anything weird happened, they said some people hopped the fence of the backyard and tried getting into the tents we had our stuff set up in. They ran away once they realized the tents were occupied. They said it happened about a half hour before we got back.
>Something weird happened the night my grandpa lost his fight with a mutagenic type of cancer. This all happened within minutes of finding out he was gone. I decided to go for a walk after finding out to clear my head. As soon as I left the front stoop I was hit by a wave of something. It was like a feeling and a voice at the same time. There was a presence, a comfortable coolness that wrapped me up from behind and was telling me that everything is going to be alright. This presence had a very loving, motherly aspect to it.

cont.
>>
File: 1471422477091.png (388KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
1471422477091.png
388KB, 1078x729px
>>33479567
>Saw, along with my brother and our friend, two UFO's circling each other. And it appeared they were fighting, or transferring data or something. All we could see were two rounded silhouettes against the stars, flying in a tight orbit around each other with red beams of light going back and forth between them. Eventually they broke away from each other and took off in opposite directions. All three of us freaked the fuck out.
>There's an abandoned k-12 school in a small town just north of my city which is supposedly haunted. Had quite a few spooky experiences there. EVPs and what not. Also a violent hobo one other time.
>Only ever gone Theta while playing Halo 3 with my brothers and friends. A theta state is like the purest form of zen. There is nothing outside your grasp and you are able to 'see' the outcomes of actions before they're taken. It is honestly the most comfortable I've ever been. Bros. and friends noticed it too, said I had a strange air, or aura about me. Kind of scared them a little too with how efficiently I was winning games for us. Would be nice to do something meaningful while in that state though.

>>What, so far, are your greatest moments of cognatic dissonance? If any.
Can't really say, but that's the thing about cognitive dissonance. The person experiencing it doesn't acknowledge it's happening. Closest I can think of though is when I pooped in the bathtub when I was really little once, convinced myself it was a vampire because it looked like a bat with its wings folded. Got really scare it was gonna kill my dad when he was cleaning it up.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.