[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How, exactly, do you buy a gun from an online retailer? Really,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 56c-7.jpg (124KB, 794x377px) Image search: [Google]
56c-7.jpg
124KB, 794x377px
How, exactly, do you buy a gun from an online retailer?

Really, how is the shipping to the FFL handled between them? Does the retailer contact them about the shipment or what?
>>
>>33472778
its easy.
Pretty daunting at first though, I was nervous my first time.
Just buy the gun. Take the receipt to your FFL of choice, they fax their license to the dealer, dealer ships to local FFL, pick it up when its arrived.
>>
For me, I buy the gun online and fill out a form on my FFL's website that sends their information to whoever I bought the gun from. Then it gets shipped and I get a call when it's ready to pick up
>>
>>33472792
The retailer has a local FFL already on file, though.
>>
>>33472778
Talk to a local gun store or some one who has a ffl. It is usually around a $35 transfer fee. They do the paper work. You usually send the ffl info to the online retailer or they might want an email directly from local ffl
>>
>>33472778
Have whoever you're having do your transfer send over a copy of their FFL and the transaction or auction number. It's almost always pretty painless.
>>
>>33472826
if they already have your LGS's ffl, that makes it easier. tell the retailer you want it shipped to your LGS, call your LGS and tell them what you have coming.
>>
>>33472852
Ah cool, so buy it and give the dealer a heads up. Thanks.
>>
>>33472873
Other way around, unless you already know the FFL. Contact them ahead of time to make sure it's 100%, otherwise you might end up in a situation where you pay for a gun, it's shipped to a FFL and "lost".
>>
>>33472912
Ah, ok.
>>
>>33472912
>>33472873
yes, generally call the ffl first, then make the purchase.
another thing to keep in mind for private sales and/or gunbroker is not everyone selling a gun is an ffl. meaning theyll sell you a gun but as an individual. the difference is, not all receiving ffls will accept a gun from an individual. kind of dumb but its their rules. my point is, ask your ffl if they accept from individuals for future reference.
>>
>>33472938
Yea, I know. I was mostly unsure of if I have to contact them or if the retailer would do it. Seems like there's no real standard way for dealers to accept transfers.
>>
>>33472778
some bigger dealers have a page on their website where you find the FFL in your area and they already have the info

some FFL holders have a copy of the license on their website so you just email it to the dealer

and some people still think it's the 80's and do everything by fax

either way, it's an easy process. some easier than others.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.