[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: pondering_polska.jpg (125KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pondering_polska.jpg
125KB, 500x375px
So I'm going shooting for the first time tomorrow with my SKS, which is also my first time ever going to the range and firing a gun. What are some tips so that I don't look like a jackass?
>>
>>33471219
Act normal, learn the range rules, do what the RO tells you even if it sounds retarded. Don't muzzle sweep, don't wear any /k/ or internet memorabilia, dress normally or rather like you would if you were going in public in front of others because I don't know what normal is for you.
>>
>>33471219
dont forget to tip everyone at the range your first time, $50 a person should be enough, though if you see anyone with a mustache you should tip them at least $100
>>
File: sks rig.jpg (125KB, 515x435px) Image search: [Google]
sks rig.jpg
125KB, 515x435px
>>33471219
Above all, be safe and dress and act as if you're taking a male friend to a restaurant where you expect to pay $10 per plate. AKA, normal.
Don't throw on your camo and gear, assuming you have any in the first place. If you have one of those handy chinese chest rigs to carry your 220rds in stripper clips with like I do(pic related), great, but don't really wear it for fucks sake.
Since you don't sound like you have much range time, the rules may not be ingrained in your head quite as hard as they will be over time so just pay extra attention to where your barrel is pointed at all times. That's a lot easier with a rifle than a handgun anyway.
If someone wants to be social, just go for it IMO. Trade a few shots with your gun for theirs or whatever. I love seeing someone else smile when try try out some of my stuff and love to try things I haven't shot before, or just take a few shots with something I didn't bring myself.
>>
don't be gay
>>
>>33471219
Will there be a RSO or not? indoor or outdoor? public or private?
>>
All about thumb control.
>>
>>33471827
indoors, RSO
>>
>>33471219
Where did you get the sks? From a gun shop or second hand? If it's been sitting in a shop you may want to take the bolt apart and clean the firing pin and channel. If cosmoline seizes the firing pin it will slamfire
>>
>>33472675
neither actually
got it off of an anon from here
>>
>>33471219
When you get there, first thing you do is pick a fight with the biggest motherfucker on the block. This will establish your place in the overall hierarchy, so while you don't have to win, you better show well.
>>
File: flatcircle.jpg (51KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
flatcircle.jpg
51KB, 720x416px
>>33471219
>>
-Keep the weapon pointed downrange
-Always make sure no one is beyond the firing line when going to fire
-Always verbally confirm with everyone at the range that you want to go downrange, if necessary
-Clear your weapon while people are downrange
-If it's an outdoor range, don't be a retard and bring trash to shoot, only to leave it there (applicable to ranges without RO's only)
-Don't kill anyone
-Wear ear and eye protection
-Shoot slowly. Take 5 shots and then reflect on what you did and could improve. Take 5 more shots with that in mind. Work on breathing, sight picture, slow and steady squeeze of the trigger, etc
-Don't play music. Sometimes I go down to my local range and people are blasting shit. It lowers your situational awareness. If someone is trying to call your attention to a cease fire or that they're trying to go downrange, you're going to look like a fuckhead

I just saw that you're going indoors with an RO. Generally speaking, they'll ask you if it's your first time and provide simple instructions or even a brief video showing the regulations of that range. Generally it's something like:
"Keep weapons pointed downrange at all times"
"Never leave your stand while there is still a magazine/ammo in your gun"
"No more than 1 person in a stand/box at a time"

Etc. Etc.
>>
>>33472836
Thx m8
Seems to me just like common sense lol
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.