[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could it have been done?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Rocket U-Boat with V2.jpg (36KB, 133x579px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket U-Boat with V2.jpg
36KB, 133x579px
Could it have been done?
>>
Probably, but you aren't going to accomplish shit.
>>
>>33470189
>spending all that money, manpower and material to make a crater in a plot of corn

BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>33470189
>Could it have been done?
Pretty easily... but why put extra weight pointlessly into a bomb?
What favors is that supposed to do for anybody? Unless maybe it's some cheap outer guided shell to make use of overly expensive, but outdated munitions when it comes to guidance?
>>
alright alright
What about
liek
a v-2
witha u-boat strapped to it
Launch it to Britain
they wouldnt even know wat to do
>>
>>33470752
You do understand what OP's pic is, right?
>>
>>33470189
it could be done, yes.

but would it be worth it?

no
>>
>>33471050
Bombception, duh.
>>
>>33472133
It's not a fucking bomb
>>
>>33472161
Well that explains why you can get rid of it.
>>
File: ezJlVLo.jpg (559KB, 4000x1888px) Image search: [Google]
ezJlVLo.jpg
559KB, 4000x1888px
Yep.

Pic related.

Look at all the shit this thing has.

It even has THREE minisubs inside it.
>>
File: P2_schematic.jpg (148KB, 940x550px) Image search: [Google]
P2_schematic.jpg
148KB, 940x550px
Basically a sub with four V2s, who knows how many V1s, a ton of torpedoes on both ends, AA dakka, cannon dakka, three more submarines in their own hangar, etc
>>
>>33472161
Exactly, it's TWO bombs. One inside the other.
>>
>>33474512
>you see Ivan, if we are become bomb inside of bomb, explosion will be of makings big.
>>
>>33474534

If designed and timed right wouldn't it make a concussive shockwave more deadly than a conventional bomb of equal power?
>>
>>33474492
I never knew how much I wanted something like this until now
>>
File: I-400 Illustration.jpg (38KB, 550x332px) Image search: [Google]
I-400 Illustration.jpg
38KB, 550x332px
How about V-2s launched from an I-400 class submarine?

>"Located approximately amidships on the top deck was a cylindrical watertight aircraft hangar, 31 m (102 ft) long and 3.5 m (11 ft) in diameter"

>V2 dimensions
>"Length 14 m (45 ft 11 in)
Diameter 1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)"

Based on this information, it seems like one would be able to two V2s in an I-400 at one time in the hangar. Assuming that you could somehow shield the submarine itself from the hot and rapidly expanding gasses of the rocket engine, would there be any use to putting V2s on an I-400?
>>
>>33474508
>>33474492
>Minisubs go to harbor picket, drop mines, lurk and call in ASHM on high value targets

Never knew about this one, thank you OP. Bretty gud.
>>
>>33474534
thats literally how thermonuclear warheads work
>>
>>33475838
>Based on this information, it seems like one would be able to two V2s in an I-400 at one time in the hangar.
more like 8-12 if you stack them cleverly
those hangars are designed to hold 3 aircraft bodies, wings, and floats of the m6a seiran float plane dive bomber thingy - and those floats are massive.
>Assuming that you could somehow shield the submarine itself from the hot and rapidly expanding gasses of the rocket engine,
just close the hangar hatch, if its watertight (keeps gasses inside) it's airtight too (and keeps gasses outside)
duh
> would there be any use to putting V2s on an I-400?
not if they didnt massively increase targeting capabilities.
I'll elaborate:
remember they shot those things from peenemunde weapon research center, which presumably was a precisely mensurated launch point, and also presubably level and stable. all of which, a boat is NOT. and yet they still were just barely able to aim for targets like "greater london area", if at all.
now imagine you're on a boat. its wiggling side to side (because thats what boats do), your missiles' course alignment from your launchpad/boat is dependent on a magnetic compass, and also your position was guesstimated with a sextant and a sunshot, using the (likely degraded) accuracy of a mechanical watch, about half an hour ago, and additionally you're drifting at an unknown rate into an unknown direction. also everyone is nervous because there might just be a coast guard cutter crossing the horizon every second, and you cant dive (with your SUBmarine) because you got a missile on the deck and the hatch unsecured.
yeah.
good luck hitting the conus AT ALL from ~150 miles.

also remember the early SCUDs with a CEP of a couple of miles, and how they said "those things need a nuclear warhead to hit anything"? yeah, you don't have those either.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.