[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Control Debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: mahgunz.jpg (174KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
mahgunz.jpg
174KB, 1280x854px
So I am now the only person on the pro-gun side of a Gun Control Debate I am taking part in tomorrow..

The debate will be on gun control and what should go along with it, and will also be focusing on North Carolina's House Bill 69 which allows for Concealed Carry on college campuses, given that the gun is in a locked storage container in your vehicle (glovebox).

So, I wanted to see if anybody here had any info or statistics they could share so I could put these liberal sjw kommies in their place.
>>
http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2017/Bills/House/PDF/H69v0.pdf

>Link to HB 69
>>
File: 1490720365674.jpg (40KB, 424x185px) Image search: [Google]
1490720365674.jpg
40KB, 424x185px
>>33467739
Bump
>>
Pull the classic "pools kill more people" argument
>>
>>33467739
>put these liberal sjw kommies in their place.

There is no debate! Shall not be infringed!
>>
>allows for Concealed Carry on college campuses, given that the gun is in a locked storage container in your vehicle (glovebox)
Congratulations, you're in the wrong. It's worthless if you can't use it to defend yourself.
>>
Nothing you say will work, but they're gonna bring up mass shootings, negligent discharges, drinking and firearms, suicide, they'll call conceal carriers murderers and racists. I advise you to have stats on crime rates of conceal carriers in your state, know all your states laws as the liberals won't, have the numbers on negligent discharges and know they're decreasing, remind them people of any race or creed can carry, remind them that mass shootings are EXTREMELY rare and happens in gun free zones. They will legitimately ignore this though and repeat the same shit so just be ready for that, try to be civil because they won't and they'll try to get under your skin. I had something similar on my campus and I brought up lots of good ole stats including negligent discharges and immediately after I spoke someone started crying about negligent discharges, they will straight up ignore everything you say.
>>
>>33468254
How is OP in the wrong? He doesn't seem to be a legislator.
At least you could have a shot at getting to your gun in your car
>>
File: IMG_0177.jpg (1MB, 1029x4529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0177.jpg
1MB, 1029x4529px
Stay as calm and collected as possible, speak loudly but do not shout. Have these statistics on your computer to refute any of their arguments. Remember that the only way to stop the "gunshow" (private sale) loophole is registration which has historically been used as preliminary step in confiscation. "But we're not coming for your guns!" Mention the confiscation during Katrina.

Big one: go in depth about the registration process (4473) and the background check that precedes any firearm purchase.

For hb69 mention schools like UT Austin implementing it without any issues as well as frequent on campus rapes
>>
>>33467739
>North Carolina's House Bill 69 which allows for Concealed Carry on college campuses, given that the gun is in a locked storage container in your vehicle (glovebox).
HAHAHAHAHAHA

NC is such a shithole.
>>
File: IMG_0197.jpg (239KB, 922x922px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0197.jpg
239KB, 922x922px
Another extremely important objective for you is the deconstruction of "muh 30,000"
HALF of which are suicides (there is no correlation between guns and suicides - Japan) the remaining half stem mostly from gang violence (which should be curbed through economic and educational opportunity)
>>
>>33468232
This

OP, just stand by "shall not be infringed." In fact, you could argue that we should lessen the restrictions on firearms
>>
File: 1465270831833.jpg (126KB, 896x672px) Image search: [Google]
1465270831833.jpg
126KB, 896x672px
>>33467739
Here in Utah we've had concealed carry (and open carry) on all public campuses for like 20 years
>>
>>33468316
Honestly it's better than having to leave your guns at home especially when you go to school and Atlanta and your residence is in Dallas
>>
>>33468340
No no and no

This is not how you gain support for the second amendment. It is simply lazy given the amount of government statistics as well as logic defending our point. These debates aren't about "winning" they're about making a positive impression on those in attendance to gain support
>>
>>33468332
The problem is that mere facts make no impression in The Narrative. I showed that chart to a liberal friend I've had since high school and he kept yammering about how Obama is right and you don't need that. What do you need a rifle that fires 30 shots, Phil? Why do you NEEEEED that?

We don't see much of each other these days. Even going down to Silicon Valley and seeing it go gradually to pot is depressing.
>>
>>33468343
>Atlanta
>NC

Also, NC is not a shithole. It's pretty good. Gun laws are fine, and the people are awesome. Except for the New Yorkers and the wannabe New Yorkers, they are utter cunts.
>>
>>33468403
>It's pretty good.
No, it's a shithole.
>Gun laws are fine
PISTOL PERMITS
I
S
T
O
L

P
E
R
M
I
T
S

>the people are awesome
Is that the new way to spell 'retarded'?
>>
>>33468403
I'm stating I wish Georgia had this rule though I don't think it would apply because I go to a private university(?)
>>
File: IMG_1994.gif (3MB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1994.gif
3MB, 200x300px
>>33468403
Gun laws could always be more lax, in my opinion.

>the people are awesome
Pretty much this. Everyone here mostly lives up to the "southern hospitality" stereotype.
>>
File: glock2.png (568KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
glock2.png
568KB, 550x733px
I like to use Detroit as an example when debating about gun control. Detroit has been governed by liberals for over a decade and has some of the strictest gun laws in the United states yet they have the one of if not the highest crime/murder rate in the country. criminals don't follow laws so by creating stricter gun laws you are only taking away law abiding citizens rights to defend them selves from these criminals. in return you will see an increase of robberies and shootings because these criminals are not worried about getting shot because they know any law abiding citizen will not have a gun or the means to protect them selves. "an armed society is a polite society" Now look at Arizona, they have one of the lowest crime / shooting rates in the country yet they have some of the most lax gun laws in the country. moral of the story is if you look at all the states with extreme gun control laws more often then not the crime rate will be significantly higher.
>>
>>33468468
>posting the serial number
shiggydiggy
>>
>>33468468
Chicago has Detroit beat.
>>
>>33467739
Inform them that, statistically, conceal carry weapons licensees are less likely to commit crime than police officers. They are the most law abiding and harmless segment of the population. So they want police officers on school grounds, armed, but someone who could conceal carry is a danger/liability.

Also point out that EVERY TIME the left has cried wolf about BLOOD IN THE STREETS! INCREASE IN VIOLENT CRIME! The opposite has occurred.

Remind them that despite explosion of concealed carry nationwide, crime has gone DOWN. The only thing that has gone up justifiable homicides - self defense. Which is a GOOD THING. Or are we saying that the lives of criminals are more important than those of law abiding citizens?

If you access to a projector, you should use those webm's from liveleak - the nanny cam of the mom having her spine broken in front of her kids, and the store manager who gets stabbed to death for what's in the cash drawer. Point out that had each person had a pistol on their person, that would have gone very differently. After all, if it saves just one life, we have to do it, right?
>>
>>33468289

This anon gets it.
>>
>>33468356
you should have mentioned that its important to make a positive impression because the more people believe in the bill of rights, the longer it will take before the population is convinced to support repealing the second amendment

"shall not be infringed"? more like "twenty eighth amendment text 1 The second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed."
>>
>>33467739
I love guns. I have many guns. I love shooting them, I love carrying, use for protection and competition alike. I am also liberal in most of my views. when it comes to "gun control" the only thing I want is better background checks. I just don't want some crazy asshole to be able to pick up a gun at a gun show or some shit.

It is also important to point out that the "libtard commies" as you call them (the majority at least) agree with you and me on this issue. You guys just pay too much attention to fox news and Alex Jones and think everyone on the left wants to take the guns from you. there's no debate. people just want the background checks to make sense.
>>
>>33468993
>the only thing I want is better background checks
Kys.
>>
>>33468993
>I just don't want some crazy asshole to be able to pick up a gun at a gun show or some shit.
You realize background checks aren't some magic cure for crazy, and that people who've been involuntarily committed for mental institutions already can't pass them, and that background checks can't predict the future, (ie BACKground check) and that every sale made by a dealer at gun shows undergoes a background check right?

Pretty sure this is b8 since you're pulling all the liberal calling cards of
>"I'm a gun owner BUT...."
>muh background checks
>muh crazies
>muh gunshow loophole

Kys
>>
>>33469054
>>33469095
>using kys unironically

Leave now
>>
>>33468293
Well that wouldn't be self defense in the eyes of the law. If you can go get a gun you can leave. "Sheepdog" fantasies are vigilantism (a crime) at best but most likely murder.
>>
>>33469127
>using the word unironically unironically

Kys
>>
>>33467739
Can I get a link to that document with all those pro-gun arguments please?
>>
>>33467739
The problem isn't even guns. It's that 6% of population commits 80% of the violent crime.
>redpill them
>>
>>33469197
Op here, posting from mobile. What arguments? There's just the link to hb69
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.