[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im at a loss of what to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: JohnWayneSS_Vaquero.jpg (45KB, 507x335px) Image search: [Google]
JohnWayneSS_Vaquero.jpg
45KB, 507x335px
So alot of people around me are saying I should go see a therapist, but yet If I do see one I fear if I told them how I actually feel, My gun rights will be taken away as a citizen

I mean its not like I'm a crazed lunatic bent on shooting up a school or a theater or an airport. I'm just simply depressed and lonely, yet if I talk about it, I'll never be able to buy or use any cool weaponry.

like say for instance I want to own a Mosin or Kalishnikov, or even an AR Later on in life or if I wanted to own a .45 or a cowboy revolver. I fear I would be denied an application, yet some hick who just finished smoking meth in their basement would easily be able to buy a gun, same thing with poverty stricken inner-city minorityman meme-lets.

I dont really know what to do /k/ Id like to think when im having my good days, i would be perfectly fine with owning firearms later on in life, but on my bad days I fear that if I did own one Id just end it all. Anyone have any thoughts or comments? I dont want my second ammendment taken away /k/ I just want help in making friends and making my life better...
>>
>>33463939
>an application
What communist shithole do you live in?

Workout, eat right, make a few casual friends and be more social in general, pick up or expand a hobby. That's really the best solution to general 'depression'

Now, if you have a legitimate condition, you need to seek help, private sales are a thing and constitutional carry doesn't require paperwork.

Perk up buttercup, it could be worse, it could be raining. And yu could be black.
>>
You need professional help.
This will include therapy and may include medicine. Read everything about the meds thoroughly before agreeing on a course of treatment. Pay special attention to what it takes to get off of them.
You need something that makes you happy. I used to get major swings. I'd be high as a fucking kite from just life itself and then there were times that I couldn't get up.
I had a professional career that I had to give up because I would occasionally go down into depression holes. I wasn't dangerous but I just couldn't function.
I bought a truck so that I could still make decent money and not have to deal with people when I was heading down.
Get help man. Figure out a life that works with you.
If you get help on your terms you won't lose your firearms rights.
>>
>>33463939
firearms are secondary to your health, despite what /k/ may tell you
>>
>>33463970
the good ol US of A

Ive never really gotten into gun culture, i shot a 12 gauge up a scout camp once same thing with a .22 but that's about it, i never grew up with guns in the house, lived in the suburbs my entire life the only thing cops do here is issue speeding tickets.

people always say meet people, but even if i did go to a bar its not like I can flat up just talk to some random person, I assume people go to bars for food and drinks if I just started talking to some person who looked cool at a table near me, I would be seen as crazy, and even IF I did talk to them the chances of me getting their number are so low its insane.

Im a normal kid /k/

I practice good hygiene, can converse normally when talked to, I stay far away from talking about video games or anime or any of that shit. I just keep to myself really I seem to really like my teachers since I have to talk to them, but other then that im really pretty lonely.
>>
>>33464153
so New Jersey?
>>
>>33464153
>even if i did go to a bar
Why in gods name would you go to a fucking bar?

Have a social hobby, join a beginners class for something that involves teamwork, THAT is how you meet people.
>>
>>33464180
to meet girls from what im told, Im really really lonely /k/ I cant stress this enough
>>33464166
no Illinois, I live in the northern suburbs farther from Chicago up by lake county. cook county is a fucking mess.
>>
>>33464153
Under age troll thread.

>Which is sad, because it got more hobest helpful replies than most threads on /k/
>>
>>33464212
If you go to a bar to meet girls you are an idiot or looking for prostitutes.

>Get a hobby that requires social interaction
>Join a beginners class for social stuff that offers the ability to hang out after class and interact
>Join a sport
>>
>>33464212
find some hobby groups on the internet that meet up in real life

meetup.com niggah, or some animu mango groups or some shit whatever
>>
File: IMG_1778.jpg (36KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1778.jpg
36KB, 398x500px
So you guys know you can admit yourself to a mental hospital and still legally be allowed to own guns. Its only if a judge of courts rules you to be mentally unfit that you lose your right to own firearms.
>>
>>33463939
Get professional help if you need it dude. Most any place seeing a therapist will not preclude you from owning firearms.
>>
>>33464219
I'm not underage, I turn 21 this may

everyone's been saying being able to go to a bar will really open things up in life for me, when I'm saying it isnt because only drunkos go to bars, and even if there was a lady they would be drunk and people who get rip roaring drunk are not good girlfriend material
>>
>>33464256
Exactly, avoid the bar, it's a shit place.

Go join a jogging club or something, th cardio and social interaction will both help your mood swings.
>>
>>33464267
this is what I think, going to a bar would only get me 30lbs heavier and $100s poorer i need to save money and lose weight im currently at a BMI of 28. I want to meet girls because I want to know what its like to be in a relationship or to have a girlfriend. I never had a girlfriend in highschool and im still a kissless virgin :(
>>
>>33463939
Pretend you're not depressed.
>>
>>33464256
Speaking to a therapist will not get you prohibited unless you're so fucking batshit a judge orders you into involuntary commitment. See a fucking therapist, if you're crazy enough to be committed (you aren't) you shouldn't be messing with guns anyway.
>>
>>33464314
Go join a group exercise thing, it will get you used to failing in front of people and watchng them fail as well, good for perspective and tempering any issues with self confidence.
>>
>>33463939
I live in Virginia, you lose gun rights if you get a TDO and its extended past the 72 hours. Not sure when you get stripped if you check yourself in. I know its simple and fast to petition to restore gun rights in VA after stuff like this. Plus if you show you are ok when talking to professionals they will make it a better case.
>>
>>33463939
Find a shooting buddy to hang out with.

Wut state are you in???
>>
>>33463939
just go outside, spend time in the sun, do something relaxing and fun and youll be fine
>>
>>33463939
also take vitamins, you might be low on shit. eat better. go do adventures. im sure there are medical reasons for depression but i think most people dont need medicine they just need to get the fuck out of the house and eat a wholesome diet
>>
Your gun rights are only at risk if you're involuntarily committed.

It sounds to me like you're having some suicidal ideation. Telling a therapist that is not grounds for commitment. Suicidal ideation is common enough. It's only when you express a clear intent to commit suicide that the law steps in.
>>
>>33464653
treatment for depression
> eat more veg
> vitamins

Please don't be a dumb nigger.
>>
>>33464153
>but even if i did go to a bar its not like I can flat up just talk to some random person,
Yes, you can. Not just at a bar, either. You can just walk up to people and talk to them, anywhere. It's not exactly likely you'll make a friend, but few people are so hostile towards socializing that they won't have a quick chat with you. In fact, almost everyone would like to have more friends than they do, but they feel exactly the same feel of rejection that you do, which keeps them from approaching you. Humans are inherently social. Your needs aren't unusual. You're not wrong for feeling them. You should act on them. The absolute worst outcome is that you don't make a new friend.

>I assume people go to bars for food and drinks
No. The entire point of a bar is potential socialization with strangers. If you wanted to socialize with your friends, you would do it at home, where food and drinks are much cheaper.

>if I just started talking to some person who looked cool at a table near me, I would be seen as crazy
Only if you are crazy.

Protip: crazy people aren't concerned about looking crazy.

>and even IF I did talk to them the chances of me getting their number are so low its insane.
Well, yeah. That's the way it is.
>>
>>33464733
>they feel exactly the same feel of rejection that you do
*fear of rejection
>>
>>33463939
Go get your help, OP.
You can't have your rights stripped unless you are involuntarily committed for 72 hours or more, which would typically only happen because of an "episode" of sorts and/or would need to involve a judge.

t. Guy on lithium, klonopin, and seroquel for several years and had a regular psych appt yesterday, who happily owns many guns and manages to get through most days not wanting to die anymore thanks to getting help.
>>
>>33464212
Huh, you're bout a 5 hour drive from me.
>>
File: stefan molyneux when you nut.png (89KB, 377x465px) Image search: [Google]
stefan molyneux when you nut.png
89KB, 377x465px
>>33463939

You're better off talking to Molyneux than a therapist. Won't lose your gun rights either. He might actually advise you get therapy too but he'll help you.
>>
>>33464314

Women will only make you worse at this point.

Lose the weight, get guns, go shoot with people.
>>
I was on high strength anti-psychotics for a few years (I stopped taking them because of the side effects, a different medication routine is working much better) and I was still allowed to own firearms. Unless Illinois is that much of a shit hole that visiting a mental health professional of your own free will automatically disqualifies you from enjoying your rights do what you gotta do man.

More importantly ask yourself why you're interested in guns. Do you want to hunt? Do you want to target shoot? Do you want to be able to defend yourself? Do you just really enjoy things that go bang? Do you feel like it would empower you?

Are you willing to spend more money than you ever realized you would to maintain your hobby? It takes money to feed, care for, and become proficient with the use of a firearm.

Are you willing to actually become proficient with your weapon? Having a gun you don't know how to use is more dangerous than having no gun at all.

Are you willing to deal with the sheer amount of bullshit gun ownership entails, especially in a state like Illinois that's only one step up from the DPR of Commiefornia?

Are you willing to take the responsibility for making sure your weapons are secure?

You should probably ask yourself all these questions before you go worrying about buying a gun. Yes, they are fun. Yes, they can build self confidence, hand/eye coordination, and fine motor control. But only if you put the time into it. I only put, between 5 weapons, around 1500 rounds down range a year. I have basic proficiency with all 5. To become "good" I'd need to at least double that, and certainly triple it for my pistols.

Worry more about getting the help you need than the possible future desire to purchase a gun.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.