[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archery Laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: throatsingingintensifies.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
throatsingingintensifies.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /k/ommandos, I'd like to get into archery here in California so I have something to keep me sane until I'm done with university, my Kar98 is back in the fatherland so I have to make due with something I can legally own (I'm here as a student) and I want to maybe get into hunting with a bow. I'm wondering if anyone has experience hunting with bows that they'd like to share, from small to big game, and if anyone knows anything about archery hunting laws here in California. I'm trying to look around the net but info is scarce and obscure, I'm going to call some places eventually but it'd be cool to hear it from one of you guys.

Also, I'm buying a Gorka-3 outfit and I need some good outdoors boots to slap on my feet. Preferably something that can handle a good bit of hiking. I've been winging it with clothes not really suited to the outdoors.
>>
>>33462369
>Hunting in California

Naw mane, that shit is for the birds.
>>
>>33462449
People do it here, I know deer hunting is pretty big since we have too many of the fuckers.

I don't have much of a choice since school is keeping me here for a while. I want to hunt something, even rabbits would be fine as long as it's somewhat of a challenge.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/archery/wiki/guides/beginning

There is a good guide on Reddit.
>>
Pump actions, lever actions and bolt actions are next. Here is the logic path they will follow to ban bolt actions, WW1 had bolt action rifles used. Ergo bolt actions are weapons of war. Just use a bow if you want to hunt. Bows and arrows were used during the Plains Wars and in European wars, bows and arrows are weapons of war. Lever actions were used In the Spanish/American war and WW1, lever actions are weapons of war. That is where it will go.
>>
>>33464427

Lever actions are already banned in California.
>>
File: 1489395214889m.jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489395214889m.jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
>>33464800

Wat
>>
File: raifu is next.jpg (210KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
raifu is next.jpg
210KB, 960x636px
>>33464800
dubs

wait what are they really
>>
File: Turkish reflex hornbow unstrung.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Turkish reflex hornbow unstrung.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>33462369
Nfff
I want a reflex bow
>>
>>33465181
they are not. it's not semi auto.
>>
File: 4.png (1MB, 1280x938px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
1MB, 1280x938px
>>33462369
>tfw even Nazi roasties still didn't know how to actually use shit they posed with
REE
>>
>>33462369
Samick makes good bows. You can get a Sage for like $85 or so. Many states have minimum requirements for poundage for hunting purposes. I think mine is 45 lbs so that's what I bought mine in even though I do not hunt, but got it in that in case I ever wanted to.

If I had to do it over, I'd probably just get a 40 lb for targets. Idk what you're wanting to hunt, but if it's deer you probably want a 50 lb draw.
>>
I was thinking of getting a crossbow, actually. What brands are recommended?
>>
File: Martin-Archery-Jaguar-Elite2[1].jpg (73KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Martin-Archery-Jaguar-Elite2[1].jpg
73KB, 1155x1155px
>>33465473
Martin also makes good, reasonably priced takedowns, and all of the risers and limbs are interchangeable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.