[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with vz58 handguard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

handguard just will not fit, any suggestions, tips of tricks?

bought this piece from vz58.com
>>
>>33461355
there is always a small gap and no amount of force can move it a bit.... not with even a hammer
>>
>>33461355
is the roll pin hole lined up? if so, you're stuck with that cosmetic flaw.
otherwise, figure out what it is hanging up on and slowly remove material until the holes line up.
>>
>>33461355
Looks fine to me. Is it attached securely?
>>
>>33461430
pin hole doesn't line up, well this handguard doesn't even have a pin hole
>>
>>33461476
you can say so, but the gap is quite big compared to the original handguard which is a perfect fit

it's just, drives me crazy that there is a gap between the handguard and the gun. I have been using sand paper to file down some materials, however, I've reached the point where no more sand paper will let it slide in more
>>
File: cz-ph-color.jpg (93KB, 295x255px) Image search: [Google]
cz-ph-color.jpg
93KB, 295x255px
>>33461476
this is what a factory one looks like
>>
>>33461544
You mean between the upper guard and lower guard or the guard and the edge of the receiver?
My wooden guards have that same gap between the upper and lower guard.
>>
>>33461616
the gap between edge of receiver and the lower handguard

the gap between lower and upper handguard is normal, notice how the factory pic has no gap between receiver and handguard but mine has a small gap.

also you can see how the plastic part with the roll pin sticks out quite a bit compare to the normal one
>>
>>33461430
might just consider drill a hole through it and just jam the rolling pin in, it's not like i will put some IR laser on this rail anyways, but it'll be best if i can find a way to make it fit better
>>
>>33461642
I see that part you've been shaving off. Is that your old lower guard next to it? If so I notice it has a slot across the middle. is their anything on the front of you receiver that the slot could be accommodating? maybe you need to get an angle grinder and cut a slot in the new one.
>>
Also the tab on your new one looks like a fat "T" whereas your old one doesn't have those tabs sticking out on the side. maybe you need to shave those down too.
>>
>>33461582
Why would you want a gas ass railed handgrip that is objectively ugly as fuck and offers no benefits over the nice, well fitted factory handguard?

Are you slow in the mind, friend?
>>
>>33461866
well one objective benefit is that the factory handgurad can get quite hot and this new one is quite a bit better in that aspect

as for looks, honestly dude I like the way it looks, oh well we all have different tastes
>>
>>33461791
the T part is not even touching the receiver... the receiver has a small groove to fit the t part and so far that groove is not even touched by the t part
>>
>>33462098
Do those guide rail looking things that go against the receiver stick up farther than on your old one?
>>
I'm just trying to think of something
>>
>>33462178
not really, i have been using hammer trying to force it in and i literally see no results

I don't even see any damage on the handguard when I hammer so I can't even figure out which parts i need to file down with sand oaoer
>>
>>33461748
the thing is even hammering the handguard will not move it one bit, even makes it more loose because it bounces back

the handguard is polymer so my receiver will damage excessive places on the handguard, but at this point i actually do not see any damage no matter how much i hammer the thing
>>
Try marking it with something that will transfer over but can be cleaned off when you are done and see if that gives you any idea where it needs more material taken off.
>>
>>33462559
ok i will try that, thanks a lot
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.